Sign in to follow this  
Cyberdragon

Why Yahoo Answers sucks

Yep. I had a YA account. And it got banned two years ago. For two years, I've been sending appeals to the Yahoo team and guess what? No reply. But what did I do to deserve a permaban? Let's find out:

So, I was a level 4 user, and I usually answered psychologically-related questions. I was pretty good at what I did, and I gained quite a lot of points from my answers. I felt like a psychologist, sort of! Everything was going so well until I asked a question about sexual health. Of course, this was asked in an appropriate manner, without the use of any obscenities or vulgar language. I got quite a few good responses and the next day... 

Suspended. "Your post violated the community guidelines", they said... "It was reported by trusted members of our community", they said. Well? That's complete BS. The true reason I got banned is the trolltage. This is no joke, Yahoo Answers is LITERALLY a troll breeding ground. If you start to collect points and level up, the higher-ups will notice you, report you with their many alts and get you suspended for life. I tried sending many appeals to YA Customer Support, but I always received automated messages. This is frustrating and unacceptable, because it's complete sh*t when all of your messages are being read by a robot. I doubt that there is any human effing being reading my appeals. And yet again, I have sent ANOTHER appeal to them. Of course, it'll get denied again and I'll get the same crap from the robot... And that's all it takes to get you banned: 1 "TRUSTED" REPORT!

What YA needs is a new system... It's so easy to get to level 7 (provided that you don't get permabanned till then) and report other users. It sucks and it's gay. And what's even more frustrating is that every single time I try to make the YA Customer Support Team see logic, they reply (considering a human ever steps in) with the exact same violation-of-the-guidelines trash talk. It's like talking to a 3 year old, the kid will never listen to you. And since the person is supposed to help you (that's their job, duh), it's even more frustrating! If I'm going to get one more response like this, I'm going to bash my head against a wall.

So, fellow Wurmians, have you had a YA account get permabanned? What was your level, and what was the cause?

Edited by Cyberdragon

So what exactly is that do the people get paid for points? 

So what exactly is that do the people get paid for points? 

They don't get paid for points. You get points when you answer a question, and you lose them when you ask one.

It sucks and it's gay. 

I don't know much about you or about YA, but considering you managed to slip a homophobic comment into this post, probably without even noticing/thinking, I really am not at all sad that you're banned from answering people's questions.  

3/10 - must try harder.

Edited by Berris
  • Like 9

Noticed that same slip, got confident the story has two sides and so far I've only read one.

• Like 4

There was me thinking Yahoo and Yahoo Answers were ancient relics from a forgotten age waiting for documentaries so that people can look at them and try to understand just what people were thinking back then.

Of course, this was asked in an appropriate manner, without the use of any obscenities or vulgar language

That's complete BS. 

because it's complete sh*t

It sucks and it's gay.

I personally hope the ban stays.

• Like 3

There was me thinking Yahoo and Yahoo Answers were ancient relics from a forgotten age waiting for documentaries so that people can look at them and try to understand just what people were thinking back then.

Where else would you find out all the latest news and answers to all your burning questions?

They even have great games too!

https://uk.games.yahoo.com/

Lol I didn't even realize they had that still...

Edited by Outlaw

Thanks to Yahoo Answers, I know how babby was formed. link warning: strong language

So I should also take the time to thank the OP for his insightful contributions to a growing community of knowledge, and look forward to his further contributions to to newer Internet Collection of Knowledge: Wikipedia

and the badges of "citation needed" that will inevitably follow.

Edited by Stanlee