Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

[Changes] Floors - staircases [Done]

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Floors

There have been changes to the different staircases in the last patch, not only the graphic for each but also the material for each.

The in game recipes should now reflect the new parts required.

I have not tested and verified them all yet, but maybe someone building a new one has some experience with it.

Fro what players where saying last night that all the staircases had the same skin.

Updated creation materials using in-game Crafting Recipies. 

What are all the examine text event messages?

I removed the "none.jpg" thing. That is for things which don't have ingame artwork. It's not for things that we haven't uploaded images yet. Further, using none.jpg does not update the category of things Wiki needs players to upload. A bunch of new things need images....http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Needs_jpg_image

Incoming staircase pic dump. Also, looks like only the part around the tile that is on the same level as the other ones on the upper floor get the marble/stone etc.

Marble:

http://imgur.com/a/6htqx

Upon examination: [14:05:21] It is a normal staircase made of marble slab.

Wood:

http://imgur.com/a/yZz4o

Upon examination: [14:12:32] It is a normal staircase made of wood.

Things to be careful about:

Whether it is the lower floor or the upper floor, don't make your stairs end on a side with a wall, you won't be able to move out/in. Also, they start and end exactly at the middle of the tile border, so if you want to make some continuous stairs from let's say first floor to fourth, you won't be able to get out on the second or third.

Misc:

You can drag your large cart/small cart down the stairs. You can't drive your wagon up the stairs though.

So, judging from the wooden plank staircase pictures, guess what happened?

Edited by Gnasderf

All wiki pages for creating staircases are wrong and missing a step creating unfinished staircase opening by right click floor. They describe how you need to right click the floor but you need to right click the unfinished staircase opening with correct tool activated.

All wiki pages for creating staircases are wrong and missing a step creating unfinished staircase opening by right click floor. They describe how you need to right click the floor but you need to right click the unfinished staircase opening with correct tool activated.

From what I see, all stairs say to activate the tool, right-click the floor, and use the menu to plan. 

What is missing from those steps exactly? I want to ensure any edit I do is accurate. :)

Hammer/mallet to plan.

Hammer/mallet and planned for wooden

Trowl and plan for brick

Hammer/mallet to plan.

Hammer/mallet and planned for wooden

Trowl and plan for brick

So you need a hammer or mallet to plan any of the types, but you need a trowel to build brick (and I assume slab) types?

Did some updating to the staircase pages. Still need a bit more work. I plan on hitting the Test server and testing out specifically what tools are needed and updating the ItemBoxes accordingly.

Stone Slab Staircase

Stone Brick Staircase

Wooden Plank Staircase

Marble Slab Staircase

Slate Slab Staircase

Pottery Brick Staircase

Standalone Staircase

And to quote my own post!

Work is done!!!  I spent all afternoon on Test and built every staircase, improved every one once, and make sure every bit of information on those pages is accurate. I tested skill requirements (which nicely followed the existing paving requirements for stone and multi-story requirements otherwise), and I think I have all the information needed to help anyone who wants to build one of these things. 

On that note, I hate slate slabs.

If you see any mistakes, please post them here. My eyes may have failed me, but I tried to triple-check everything.

• Like 1