Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

separation of abilities...

how about the in-game meditation paths and priest paths be seperated?

meditation paths alone, can be pretty OP, such as SOTG.

priests/champs can be pretty OP as well.

both compared to accounts that are just followers or lower level paths, both the above dominate of the abilities they have single handedly over accounts without, let alone combining both to be far better then normal accounts.

there should be put in place, a mechanism that if you're in a path, thats fine, but if you decide to become a full on priest, it should disable the path you are in, or disable the abilities received from it.

this way, it can seperate some duties instead of allowing everyone to be a sotg fo priest or champion path of hate bonus dmg user or whatever.

maybe with something like this in place, the penalties for being a priest such as skilling, can be removed as the priests wont have the ability to use meditation path features.

-1, its not that bad. i do understand that SoTG and mag priest makes a nice combo - spells, +25% damage and SoTG passsive reduction, but limiting like this would be bad. Also in PvE most Vyn priest are used for refresh and enchanted grass, that would brake this also.. same with mag priests in PvE. 21 BC, PoL level 7 and 80+ faith = 75% of mag priest on PvE, high minig is nice but not that important.. The stacking of bonuses is bad but this would brake Wurm in so many ways and actually make it so that you have to choose spells or mediation. Alot less priests in combat means alot less variables. And i think skilling all skills on priest is not that good either, just remove the stupid stats nerf.

you're right. i didn't think about the path of love path that needs fo priest to be enhanced.

but, this system does need a rehaul of the entire thing and how it works -_-

heh -1 and no not for my own advantage, being a priest sucks and I probably won't be one again ever

As Gary said - being priest sucks.

You may think they are OP in the PvP field - well that's why they've those nice spells.

On the other hand, they are nerfed on the fields of crafting etc. If there is no pvp a priest usually sits around, they've 1 (or in Libs case 2) gathering skills and thats about it.

Just think about it.... do you want to be mining, cutting wood or digging all of your wurm life?

On top of that - priest gain characteristics even slower than non priest accounts.

Personally, I am fine with SotG as well. I don't see the issue. And NO I am not on the path of insanity. I'm lvl 12 on knowledge.

I see it as fair game that SotG players have a 50% dmg reduction while they are fighting me. On the other hand, I've 25% increased skill gain. Always.

In my eyes that is far more profitable - to me at least - as I live on Chaos but join the pvp front only now and then.

It may vary for other players, but for myself I could never fight enough to make up the loss of that 25% increased skillgain. :P

And in the end... everyone is free to get SotG or priest... or even both.