Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Rotate the sail on knarr

Sail's high enough with us sitting now that it doesn't have to be almost parallel to the hull.. truth be told... 

Rare and all, feel like stashing it on a ship transporter when not in use.. specially seeing the levels of awesome on the other ships.

wurm_20150512_2035.jpg

Heck, could even be perpendicular and not matter much 

• Like 3

it needs to be inverted to the other side of the mast,

from that pic it looks like its being sailed backward

definitely not right

height and everything else is great

just that the wind needs to be coming from the back and pushing the sail forward, relative to the commanders seat

• Like 5

I agree with Aum. I never really took much notice of the sail's position before but now that it's mentioned, it looks ridiculous. There's no way you could realistically sail forward with the wind behind you like it is now.

I agree with Aum. I never really took much notice of the sail's position before but now that it's mentioned, it looks ridiculous. There's no way you could realistically sail forward with the wind behind you like it is now.

It knarrs actually had either deep keels or leeboards installed then it is possible that the picture depicts a ship sailing on a beam reach however even in that direction of sail you would expect the sail to be taunt and not loose.

~Nappy