Sign in to follow this  
Dorian

Templar is stuck...somewhere...

I looked but didn't see this yet, so forgive me if it's already been reported.

Our Templar here at Silent Hill states in local "I'll take care of (insert critter here)" but she never actually shows up.  She repeats the message every three seconds, but never shows.

What makes this slightly different than when a critter is hiding in a mine just on deed is the critter doesn't seem to attack villagers as it moves around, unless a villager goes in to attack it.

We will attempt more tests to see if she is getting stuck in a wall, or on a gate and update here.  

Hrm Templars should be able to ignore collision checks with walls, writs, and whatever. They aren't even trapped by going underground (usually).

Only tg are restricted by such, and they should be able to use gates and doors from their respective kingdoms. Course tg get trapped underground all the time.

I checked the mine and couldn't see it in there, not sure what's up but having to go out to kill everything that walks ondeed just to avoid having to see the templar spam local every third second will become tiresome after a while.

I actually went past someone else's deed a couple of weeks ago where the same thing was happening in local for as long as I was in their local, so it seems to be a recurring problem.

Seems there are some pathing issues with guards under some circumstances.  I've taken 2 similar calls today and cannot even bring the guards to life either with our GM return to token commands or by destroying said guards and hoping they will "unstick" when they respawn.  That being said, I was able to summon said guards to ondeed aggro mobs and they did their job then, so it mainly just seems like they cannot find their way to the mob (s).

I've mentioned this to Rolf already and will get him some more info as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Almost every deed I have has the templar screaming about something.

Bump...

We pay 1s a Month for our templar.  I'd really prefer not to have to pay for her to be shrieking spam in local and doing nothing else every time an aggro critter decides to pay us a visit.  

• Like 1

hmmmm..... same issue here in belantis with the tower guards. i hope that will be fixed soon!

I am experiencing the same problem currently on cele. It would seem that any guards that have died after the bridge patch will respawn but will not fight when called. They say they are coming but do not..

Two different deeds that I know of are doing this. One of the deeds has a Templar, and when I bring a monster onto the deed it just spams local chat.

The Templars and Tower guards seem to be in a fighting stance and look they are about to charge but don't do anything and then finally after about a minute or two they'll pretend that I never called and will stand down.

This is all happening on land, the mob and myself are not in a cave just to be clear.

Edited by Adynna

I stopped by Silent Hill to check on the issue, but Dorian informed me that he fired the templar since the incident.  I know we have issues with templars and guards and it has been reported.  I checked a few other deeds with the issue and all seemed quiet tonight. 

We will continue to watch until we hear that the issue has been addressed.  

mine is stuck in the chicken pen I guess he love them a little too much. the pen size is 1x2 the chicken pen itself is not lock. but its part of a bigger enclosure witch is lock. I hope this help

If this is a bug in the game then some protection should be given.   What if someone dies due to a guard not doing their job and they lose all of their items and end up spawned at the start deeds if they are not on their own deed?

Does not really seem fair for people to lose stuff if the game is not acting as it is supposed to.

Do you want us to report which deeds have screaming templars, for the sake of investigation?

Also for pvp servers there should be an immediate freeze on raiding till this is fixed cos its happening there as well

Description: Magranon asks you to slay 40 Spirit templar.

Well at least now we know why they are hiding and screaming on Indy!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Almost died to an old troll as one our villages spirit templars would not move to guard the deed.

He is on the surface, he will change his pose to a fighting stance when an enemy mob is within the deed borders, but he won't walk or move from his position.

Here's a screenshot of where he has been standing for the past day - http://i.imgur.com/b2sWY9v.jpg 

Edited by Navidson

Guards and templars don't know how to leave fences anymore.. If they spawn in fences, they can't get out =\

My alt was fighting a wildcat near a guard tower FS 70+ no need of them.

However suddenly a tower guard ran to the wildcat and finished it.

No calls in local , no event message , no come to help message in local.

Not on deed, this is a part of land of wurm.

Edit: lot of dead creatures and meat piles around that tower. Not sure if killed by player or toqwer guards on their own.

Even tested lure a black wolf to that tower , to see if it became attacked they didnt waited like 5 minutes.

Edited by moogien

I had a related incident today, a hell hound killed me within a deed just a few feet from the spirit templar who was screaming that he is about to kill the hell hound and looked like he was in a fighting stance, however he was standing in a fenced area and seemed to be stuck behind the fence.(it was not my own deed so i could not get into the fence myself)

I've managed to reproduce a few of these scenarios on the test server and all issues seem to stem from either guards/templars inside a fenced area and the creature outside, or the creature inside a fenced area and the guards/templars outside of that area.

Currently, if there is any type of fencing or buildings blocking the path of the guard/templar to the creature, they stand in ready stance and yell, but do not move.  The devs are aware of the issue and how to reproduce it, so I'm hoping a solution will be found and released as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if your token is blocked inside a fenced area or between buildings or a gatehouse, you can destroy a fence piece so that guards/templars can navigate outside.   Even if they are currently outside and away from the token, remember, if they die, they respawn at the token and will need free passage out.

If you cannot make the adjustment to your deed for whatever reason, please be careful and pay attention while you are not in a safe location.

This should now be fixed with today's update.   http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123781-postfixes/

Test seems to work fine with templars and guards remembering that they can walk through fences again.  I watched some templars on the live servers do the same as well.  

Hopefully all of your templars  and guards are back on duty and keeping you safe once again.

• Like 1

Currently with 2 different deeds on Xan and templars at both, I haven't had this issue at all.

One deed has full enclosure with walls / portcullis's and an uncovered mine (will mine door it one of these days)...... The guards are always in the mine but that's normal, lol (they stand around looking at each other all day) have for months. The templar though is free to roam and wander and peep in the windows as always, no glitching trouble for him so far at all or spamming local.

The other deed is no surprise it doesn't get stuck (on an island with no critter spawns so far in 4 weeks and no walls, gates or anything to get stuck in. He is often out in the water more than on land anyways  (skinny dippin I suppose ;)