Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

cannot embark cart as passenger on deed

Since the update cannot embark large cart on a foreign deed "You are not allowed to embark on the large cart" regardless the Manage Vehicle settings

• Like 1

Tested it myself, had the same issue.

Cart on my alt's name, added as friend, allied deeds, permissions set correctly.

Couldn't embark the cart as passenger on a random deed even with "mount" option set for everyone.

Also passengers cannot target mobs anymore when the cart is driven up a hill.

Cart will go uphill in a horizontal position for you if you are on the cart although from outside follows the slope correctly.

Same issue seems to occur for boats.

I've just finished verifying this on test, then Evening sticks the 'same for boats' to the bug!   Will add that as well to the bug list.   Thanks for the reports.

• Like 2

My knarr is stuck same way. I ran aground and got out to push. Can't push/pull or reembark upon it. 

Push/Pull: [01:33:31] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.

Embark: [01:33:53] You are not allowed to embark on the "Firefly".

I have tried settings from Friends to Village to Everyone. It's good and properly stuck.

• Like 1

Any word on this? I have been stuck here since last night. I would really like to get my boat out of the middle of the desert sometime soon.

• Like 1

Any word on this? I have been stuck here since last night. I would really like to get my boat out of the middle of the desert sometime soon.

If you are not the owner of the boat you will have to call a gm i guess to move it off the deed till it gets fixed. If you are close to the boat you can take the owner of the boat and they can move it off the deed you are stuck at. 

Edit: This assumes that you are not the owner of the boat since to my knowledge that is the only thing that causes this.

Edited by Kegan

Yeah, permissions are set to village. The owner, my alt, can't get here. I have the boat. The deed owner is 3 servers away. Until a GM pulled it out, I'm stuck here.

It's clearly a deed permission gone wonky. I have pushed a corbita through this canal more than once. 

Title says it all... 

This ain't exactly a minor bug, people are stuck all over the place and not an official reply to be seen.

Not sure how this happened coming from bridges and textures, can't say i care, I do care that it needs fixing ASAP.

How 'bout some communication and more importantly... SOLUTIONS?

You're not supposed to spend more money on the game than you accept to lose for any reason.   -Rolf-

Buy a new boat?

If i was guessing (and i am) it has more to do with the coming permission system then the actual boats/carts. I am guessing that there was some groundwork to the permission system implemented in the background of this patch. The boat i had that was bugged worked fine on my own deed it was just bugged on other peoples deeds i did not have permissions on. 

I guess the only solution to this now is a support ticket to have a GM move the boat off deed. 

The permissions should have been done before bridges. I had read they started work on them and put them off. This is the result I suppose?

I have been standing there for 4 hours of game time. 4 hours I have to watch the chat window waiting for a PM. I have better things to do than stand in a canal for days on end of real life time.

The day after a major patch, not an official to be found? 

Sounds more like a case of "buy a new game".

Players can test all the bugs they want.... 

If test server code and live server code are different, we started off on the wrong foot.

Guessing the test server being PvP rules doesn't help test permission settings either.

If it's about declaring losses to avoid some of those draconian taxes up north, CodeClub, I can find you an accountant who'll do the same without all the unnecessary pain.