Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Event: Fight Club

auction_timer_E1432486811.gif

In the past, I've brought you such things as the Wunion, DoND, and the Dragon Fang Pass... today it gives me great pleasure to announce the opening of Fight Club. The Freemason alliance has been hard at work planning this event, and Sunday, May 24th at 1PM EST is the time we've selected to get things under way. Fight Club is its' own deed next to Port Onody (M18 or 38x,38y) in the north west area of Crystal Lake on Independence.

We have a few events planned for the day, the centerpiece being the opening of Fight Club. At Fight Club, we hope to supply a place for all players, weak or strong, to come hone their fighting technique by Sparring each other and asking any questions they may have about fighting against other players. The plan is to host a fighting class one day every couple of months. We've set up an enclosed fighting area for the battles to occur. Participants can either fight with their own gear, or for those wishing, sets of 50ql chain armour and 50ql weapons/shields will be supplied. Not only 1v1 Spars, but we can also do some 2v2, or even 3v3 (tho 3v3 can be a little confusing and may need a referee of sorts).

15oyu7p.jpg

Events planned:

- a 1v1 Duel to the death, full loot fight between Pinejon and Gumbo
- a demonstration 2v2 Spar between Freemason alliance members

- lots of random spars, 2v2 battles, or more, amongst the folks who show up
- an amazing items only auction hosted by none other than Dinkleberry
- Sermon group
- some high end imping stations where people can have their items improved (for a small fee)
- free high quality meals cooked by Jillian, who will also sell you a jar of wine to sip on

- We will now offer a TeamSpeak channel on the day of the event, for teacher/student to discuss the finer points of PvP

What's needed/requested:

- Many folks to show up and do Spars, 2v2, or more
- Fighting teachers to come help teach players the ins and outs of true PvP (send me a PM if interested)
- Recruiters from PvP servers (send me a PM if interested)
- High end merchandise for the auction (only select items will be allowed in, PM Dinkleberry to have your item added)

Kingdoms that do attend are welcome to sell their exclusive items while at the event.

Hope to see you all here !

:)

o89mqr.jpg

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 16

Fight Club Main Bout

A 1v1 Duel to the Death

Full Loot !

Pulverising Pinejon vs Glamourboy Gumbo

Tale of the Tape

Pinejon                                  Gumbo

Longsword       WEAPON         Longsword

N/A               SHIELD                 LMS

Plate           ARMOUR              Drake

N/A             HELMET          Great Helm 

Yes              SOTG                  None

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 3

Auction Lots

White drake set (no cap)   80ql

Rare longsword, iron (N86 LT87 C88)  92ql

Rare two handed sword, iron (N86 LT85 C74)  92ql

Rare small maul  (Clean) 94ql

Rare hatchet (WoA81 CoC77) 92+ql

Rare large maul, (98nim 75fc 76coc) 73ql

Rare small wooden (Birch) Shield 76ql

Rare small anvil 95ql

Rare spear 90ql

Trap set: 2x Rare net trap, Rare corrosive trap and Supreme corrosive trap

Rules for auction:

Payment is due at the end of each lot's auction, no exceptions.

You are responsible for any bids you make. (if you are bidding for others not at the auction and you win - you are expected to pay in full for the lot)

Edited by Dinkleberry
  • Like 4

Reserved for commenting on the reserved event that is being reserved by people who do reserving.

Will edit now, but probably forget to edit later.

Edited by Dairuka

We don't talk about Fight Club.

• Like 7

You should provide a livestream.

GL Pinejon :)

I remember the Sporta games on Chaos organized by Rolandt. He designed a nice arena for his game. Does anyone have a screenshot of that?

We had a spear throwing competition there, where we did 1v1 in a knockout tournament where each player received a number of spears at the start of the game and had to hit (throw) his opponent  3-5 times to win. I'm not sure if the spear throwing would work on a PVE server though?

Maybe it would be a cool idea for this event?

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

Looks awesome, Gl to Pinejon and Gumbo both. Sadly really bad timezone for me.

Whoa!

Everyone knows the first rule of Fight Club...

• Like 1

Found Gumbo's next profile pic:

don-king.jpg

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 5

Look forward to seeing you all there...our alliance is putting a lot of work into it to make sure you all have a great time.

Cerberus will be providing table dances for tips.

Bump!

• Like 3

It was suggested that it would be easier for people learn PvP while chatting on TS.

Soooo....

- We will now offer a TeamSpeak channel for teachers/students to discuss the finer points of PvP, on the day of the event

Really hoping we will get some confirmation from any kind folks wanting to volunteer to help others learn how to PvP well.

>- a 1v1 Duel to the death, full loot fight between Pinejon and Gumbo

WOOT!

I think also the idea of having an information kiosk for PvP servers is an excellent idea so I hope you find the volunteers you need for that.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Thread was reported for talking about Fight Club ;)

Cool! Especially looking forward to the 2v2/3v3 spars, would be so fun to pick random teams and keep fighting one group spar after another the whole day.

• Like 3

Cool! Especially looking forward to the 2v2/3v3 spars, would be so fun to pick random teams and keep fighting one group spar after another the whole day.

This is pretty much what I'd like to see happen as well.  Multi person spars all day.  It takes a couple of minutes to set up a multi person spar (the more involved the longer).  Each person from one team has to individually challenge each person from the other team to a Spar (everyone should be sure it's a Spar challenge, not a Duel challenge).  Once that is done each team will get a few minutes to discuss their strategy in their own Team chat.  The combatants will enter the ring (leaving the ring will disqualify you), and someone says "Go".  That's pretty much the rules for setup. We have found that during the multi-spar.  If Player A + B attack Player C, and say Player A gets the final hit on Player C... Player C could heal up and still go back after Player B (but not Player A).  This is why some sort of a referee is needed. With more people involved, the Event saying a players has been defeated can go by pretty fast, also some like to fight with the Combat window open and not even looking at the Event.  I feel that once a person is defeated by either of his opponents, he should be "out".

Would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Have received confirmation of our first Kingdom coming to represent themselves at this event. I've offered to supply them with a 1x1 shack with their Kingdoms name on it and access for only their representative(s).  If you would also like to have your faction represented here, pls send me a PM.  Am happy to offer all a 1x1 shack. 

Thx

Edit:  Yay!   two Kingdoms will now represent

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 1

Is it true you plan to discriminate against the underground kingdom of dwarves in wurm?

• Like 1

What is the first rule?

That's right...you don't talk about fight club...

Oh by the way Ping, we miss you up in the North East, and I miss your arrows you leave in the North East....just sayin'

• Like 1

great idea Gumbo

Thank ya from many,

:)

As much as I would luv to take the credit for the whole sha-bang, it wouldn't be right... there's a whole group of folks contributing to make this work. I just happen to be the only one who can shpell ok, so got the posting job.

• Like 1

added to OP -

Kingdoms that do attend are welcome to sell their exclusive items while at the event.

• Like 1