Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Bridge screenshots

makes me want to cry, thinking about making that much stuff

I plan on starting a community project soon to close the gap that boat bridges used to service.  The amount of mats will be incredible.

I'm not a huge fan of the way this arched wooden bridge looks between two timber framed towers. It has a very "this is still under construction" unfinished sort of look to it. I'm undecided whether I'll keep it.

Anyway, without any further adieu:

0q2cH32.jpg

LzT8ANb.jpg

• Like 5

Great use of the wooden bridge!

Tich what are the co-ords of your exo bridge?

I know what you mean by the "still under construction" quality to the wooden bridges, Edmazur. However, in your case, I absolutely love the bridge and I don't get that feeling at all. I would keep it. What an awesome gate.

• Like 3

With all this excellent work going on has anyone either gotten a dev or ca to commit, or have tested yourself how tall a bridge needs to be to allow the passage of all ship types?

Edited by Celantra
  • Like 1

With all this excellent work going on has anyone either gotten a dev or ca to commit, or have tested yourself how tall a bridge needs to be to allow the passage of all ship types?

This is my most burning question as well.

CA said only dredge depth matters for ship passage, height of bridge doesnt matter apart from visual effect.

Finally a connection between the 2 higher planes of our deed :)

wurm_20150524_2041.jpg

• Like 3

CA said only dredge depth matters for ship passage, height of bridge doesnt matter apart from visual effect.

I am not sure this is true i know that i had trouble getting past one of the bridges on test before they went live. I guess it could have been the ground that was the issue and not the boat/bridge or they may have change it before it went live but if i was building one i would go to test and make sure. 

Edit: I just went to test and i still had trouble with bridges in a sailboat i think it might be the player that is the collision factor and not the boat i am not sure i would need to test more but i do not have time right now. 

Edited by Kegan

If its the player then I would believe that the 80 dirt height for bridges over 5 tiles length would take care of that issue.  I would love to get a response from Tich on this.

Edited by Celantra

On test a 1x6 bridge built 10 above water with a 5 arch will let a sailboat through some(If you hit the center, or wiggle) of the time, but not a cog.

A 1x6 bridge 10 above water with a 10 arch allows all boats to pass, even a cog with 2 passengers.

A bridge built 15 above water at a 5 arch also lets all boats pass.

So it "might" be that you need a clearance of 20, between water and boat for all boats to pass.

Flat raised dirt to a pillar, placed a gatehouse on it. Bridge and uncompleted gatehouse for our Elevation deed entry!

• Like 1

Flat raised dirt to a pillar, placed a gatehouse on it. Bridge and uncompleted gatehouse for our Elevation deed entry!

It looks awesome!! ;)

@Arvid, I don't know what the chance would be, but that would be pretty funny!

Awesome. But if your enemies decided to catapult your gatehouse, what is the chance that the bridge would fall first (and thus deny them the use of it)?

Edited by Sarcaticous

SEjZD6S.jpg

The finished bridge and gatehouse, plus 3 deed mates.

• Like 3

Update:- Bayview Bypass Under-Construction

Will take a Day time one soon.

95e270c044e97f7b005c78aff3579f87.png

• Like 3

Bit of an update, at least its a little easier to see whats going on with the layout. Graphics down very low, had to drop texture size with all the construction models going.

ZdpnlwN.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 11

Bit of an update, at least its a little easier to see whats going on with the layout. Graphics down very low, had to drop texture size with all the construction models going.

ZdpnlwN.jpg

That's looking very impressive!! Can't wait to see it finished!! :)

This is why I started playing this game. I cannot wait to see how these work!

• Like 2