Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Bridge screenshots

This idea was tossed around the alliance and in my head today, and I had to see if it was possible on the test server. Though this screenshot is from test, I wanted to share with everyone this awesome concept! Its a boathouse! Finally, boats can be protected by a cozy roof, of course only aesthetically and not governed under the permissions of the writ however.

4gnoeF0.jpgEQaEKRF.png

ywMeD5w.png

I was also thinking that if you did the same  concept within a complete donut-shaped building, the bottom of the bridge could create an arched dome of a roof - which could nicely house a long table for a dining chamber or a royal court.

Cant wait to see how this is used in the future! Take these ideas and post here what you do with them!

that looks AMAZING

• Like 4

I was also thinking that if you did the same  concept within a complete donut-shaped building, the bottom of the bridge could create an arched dome of a roof - which could nicely house a long table for a dining chamber or a royal court.

Cant wait to see how this is used in the future! Take these ideas and post here what you do with them!

Would also make a good arena for player run events or even a market hall kind of a thing. This is the kind of things i was waiting to see the bridges over water/valleys are cool but this is how they are going to make the game great is in the building designs. 

Edit: That is why it is a shame it is restricted to only in open space...maybe they will get more loose with the restrictions as they get more familiar on how they are going to work in house design. 

Edited by Kegan

wow lei something like this is now on my to-do list. i need a boat house or several like that in my life

just imagine building several of those in a row

Edited by Tokeri
  • Like 1

I'm curious now about decay.. will bridges decay at the same rate as a house? or more like a road?  Does ondeed make a difference than offdeed?

This idea was tossed around the alliance and in my head today, and I had to see if it was possible on the test server. Though this screenshot is from test, I wanted to share with everyone this awesome concept! Its a boathouse! Finally, boats can be protected by a cozy roof, of course only aesthetically and not governed under the permissions of the writ however.

4gnoeF0.jpgEQaEKRF.png

ywMeD5w.png

I'm curious... is this a 3 tile wide stone bridge or 3 * 1 tile stone bridges?

Can you put 2 bridges next to each other with no tile between them?

Asking because my planned shipyard is 8 tiles long... that would be one awesome roof!

Could not resist but have a go at a bridge :)

dAHmuV.jpg

Edited by badgirl2009
  • Like 2

I'm curious... is this a 3 tile wide stone bridge or 3 * 1 tile stone bridges?

Can you put 2 bridges next to each other with no tile between them?

Asking because my planned shipyard is 8 tiles long... that would be one awesome roof!

This is a 3x3 flat stone brick bridge.

I was also curious as to having 2 bridges right beside one another. With how you can have a bridge up against the side of a building, I would guess that you could have multiple bridges beside one another. Even if you couldnt, having one tile "skylights" between wouldnt look that bad either, though.

This is a 3x3 flat stone brick bridge.

I was also curious as to having 2 bridges right beside one another. With how you can have a bridge up against the side of a building, I would guess that you could have multiple bridges beside one another. Even if you couldnt, having one tile "skylights" between wouldnt look that bad either, though.

On test you could have them right next to each other so i am guessing it is the same for the live servers. 

I'm loving all the new bridge designs showcasing the innovative genius of our Wurmians! Keep creating and sharing your bridge designs with us.

Edited by Araninke

4gnoeF0.jpgEQaEKRF.png

ywMeD5w.png

• Like 2

Wow folks. I haven't checked this thread for awhile, I'm blown away by the different designs and uses people have found for bridges. I'm not creative, so will be stealing ideas :)

Outer wall,

VSlAiQ5.jpg

Edited by Bunnyman
  • Like 12

There are some really great and creative designs in this thread! I am currently building a new market called Crossroads Exchange by Whitefay and managed to sneak a couple in myself. :D

Crossroads-Exchange.png

• Like 7

Roller coaster effect all gone.(with only 1 lane completed) I dropped the gatehouse and lengthened it a few tiles and got a much smoother curve. In a game where everything is in straight lines these curves are a much welcome and needed addition.

ntFDoyU.jpg

Ultimately going for something more like this with a few more buildings and such after i get all the terra done. A nice teardrop bridge running through and above all the buildings on deed. Then terminates at the main castle 7x8x11. Hopefully the scale works out ok.

KxpUBXB.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 5

wurm_20150519_2008_1.jpg

Boat Channel into Puddlesby

Edited by Pride
  • Like 22

These screenshots are so fantastic!

And here I thought I was not really interested in bridges, you all have proved me wrong   ^_^

• Like 1

3af3ae39d3cf1bf77dddb864e427872a.jpg

No more land bridge... well ok, there's a little left i need to dredge up in the background so sue me...

• Like 2

It is finished. Valley Road Bridge. L18 west of Botany Bay on the road that connects Grapeland and Valley Keep with Botany Bay.

wurm.20150520.1845_zpshcq73cin.jpg

wurm.20150521.1553_1_zpse9ghdokz.jpg

wurm.20150521.1551_1_zpsyzzae1bh.jpg

This is a good reason to build a portcullis at each end of a bridge which I am now doing. First there was a spider, then a brown bear and now a hell hound. The first two were not so bad since they would stand on the tile and remain plainly visible. The hell hound hides in the doorway to the left and cannot be seen until you get within one tile when it POPS out and attacks ambush style. You cannot lead make them follow you off the bridge. They stay at that same spot until killed. You could tame them I suppose.

wurm.20150521.1555_zpsiz0zrrv3.jpg

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 51

It is finished. Valley Road Bridge.

wurm.20150520.1845_zpshcq73cin.jpg

on which end does Walder Frey live? 

great job!

• Like 2