Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Bridge screenshots

I may present to you Wooden ramp with cart parkslot under the ramp platform and wagon parkslot next to ramp.

pjW9704.png

Story of how this became to be: Fought with stairs and hated them that i couldnt take materials with crates up to seconf floor which is in third level looked from ground as below it is two high hall design for ship building. So i desided to try if can build bridge inside house but that didnt work out very well, so i went outside and built platfor to right side of the picture where is hole in the wall still, leftover from experiments only to realise ramp to third floor needs to be max 20 slope and third floor is 63 slopes higher than ground so it had to be 4 tiles long ramp, so i decided to make another platform to left side of the house above entrance to the hall (if you can see the double door under the ramp). It worked and then it was just decorating house to better looking from outside.

-Retired Viking Lord Ame

• Like 4

Just curious.. What is your skill? =O That bridge must be pretty high skill requirement!

The ql of the dioptra makes a difference in how long a span you can build. I got mine to 22ql and could only span 8 tiles. I had to imp it higher to get what I needed. 

i tho it was from both tools the lower ql determines the difference. so if pole is lower ql it check it from it

This what i have been doing lately: 

BYSJ29Q.jpg

Nothing too special but i think it looks kinda cool with the house connecting the two bridges.

EDIT: 

now with plain stone walls and 2 finished parts further:

w47He23.jpg

EDIT #2:

Finally finalized

ezuw8K9.jpg

Edited by kekstier
  • Like 22

Half the bridge is done - taken in the foggy dusk :D

SP6SKlx.jpg

All material provided by Ivanson, and while I put in a brick he is done with 3 others :D

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

BYSJ29Q.jpg

Nothing too special but i think it looks kinda cool with the house connecting the two bridge

i would use pliers on stone walls on that tower first and second level, would look better (in my eyes)  with plainwalls and top wall is normal.

Very nice!  :)

loving this thread.

cant wait to see what people come up with in the next months

We just finished this little cutie on my Xanadu deed,

PKkV0W9.jpg

I just sailed by this area very recently.  This picture had brought back memories of all I had seen.  I have to say one of the more beautiful areas in wurm as many of the surrounding deeds have made a cohesive well planned arrangement of buildlings, plantings, and terraforming.  Truly beautiful.  Sailing by will surely give many others the same feelings.

• Like 3

Half the bridge is done - taken in the foggy dusk :D

SP6SKlx.jpg

All material provided by Ivanson, and while I put in a brick he is done with 3 others :D

An Engineering marvel of wurm.  

Amazing project, great capture of it!

• Like 1

qfCIH9t.jpg

Updated screenie of our project:
Added some decorations - its finally spring - and got one player who just happened to pass by as I was trying to get a screenshot.

• Like 21

Some great creations so far, keep on building :)

Nothing too special but i think it looks kinda cool with the house connecting the two bridges.

EDIT: 

now with plain stone walls and 2 finished parts further:

w47He23.jpg

Thats just beautiful! :) Great job. Makes me want to copy your thing

Edited by Journeya
  • Like 4

I ran out of likes once again on this thread. Sailing in Wurm will have a new level of as I try to spot bridges. :ph34r:

Very very much still under construction, This is one of 4, 2 part bridges. one on each of the cardinal points. 3 wide brick arched. there is another 10 tile section to be attached on the gatehouse. And yes it does look like a roller coaster :) After finishing itll look more like a bridge. Would be awesome if we could do a true right triangle with arched bridges instead of having to raise the end tiles for clearance. Would also be very very helpful to have a finer grain of control over the steepness.

5mporZN.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 2

Looking at these images with a mixture of jealousy and anticipation.

Jealousy that I cannot yet hope to make a decent sized bridge but anticipation for the day when I can.

More pictures please :)

What exactly is that thing on the left hand side of the bridge?

Is it a troll under the bridge and those are empty platemail boots from the people it ate?

<---- is old and slow to get things, sometimes.

LOL someone posted it named K Den

VIwmRvq.jpg

3 stage bridge for wagon access to the second level of our warehouse over in Roadhouse located on the Northern shores of Exodus.

Our first bridge completed, still a few walls to be added on the landings, was fun to layout, Zondo did most of the brick laying.

He started at the warehouse and after laying bricks for a bit, he goes 15 seconds to lay the final brick! I look over to see just the first abutment complete, lol.

When you start at nearly water level, it is very tricky to build a bridge, there is no way to bring it down to the current land level, but I think this worked out nicely as our first bridge project.

Stage one of the highway is done, now the lower part to the ground is the next task. Taht will be a light work compared to this I'm sure.

YBPfZY1.jpg

V8mfnnK.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 25

The ideas in this thread are just amazing. 

VIwmRvq.jpg

3 stage bridge for wagon access to the second level of our warehouse over in Roadhouse located on the Northern shores of Exodus.

Our first bridge completed, still a few walls to be added on the landings, was fun to layout, Zondo did most of the brick laying.

He started at the warehouse and after laying bricks for a bit, he goes 15 seconds to lay the final brick! I look over to see just the first abutment complete, lol.

When you start at nearly water level, it is very tricky to build a bridge, there is no way to bring it down to the current land level, but I think this worked out nicely as our first bridge project.

Not to take away from what looks like a cool project... but that's the coolest color of green I have ever seen on a cart!

This idea was tossed around the alliance and in my head today, and I had to see if it was possible on the test server. Though this screenshot is from test, I wanted to share with everyone this awesome concept! Its a boathouse! Finally, boats can be protected by a cozy roof, of course only aesthetically and not governed under the permissions of the writ however.

4gnoeF0.jpgEQaEKRF.png

ywMeD5w.png

I was also thinking that if you did the same  concept within a complete donut-shaped building, the bottom of the bridge could create an arched dome of a roof - which could nicely house a long table for a dining chamber or a royal court.

Cant wait to see how this is used in the future! Take these ideas and post here what you do with them!

• Like 38