Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Waking up on the wrong floor

Go to sleep in a bed on third floor and wake up on the second floor - two occurrences so far.

You are a sleep walker or stop drinking so much  xD

I had 1 similar experience - slept on upper level and woke up on ground level - very disconcerting.

Verified and added to the bug list.  Thanks for your reports.

My Village mate had last night also.  She woke up on floor below her bed.

Question how many floors did the house have?

My village mate has 3 floors, she woke on second floor. I have 2floors and  I woke on my second floor no prob.

Edited by Lolabelle

I've gone to bed on the 13th floor and awoke on the first floor, I hope I didn't roll out of bed in my sleep, maybe I should get an x-ray.

Edited by Alexgopen

I've had this happen to me two times already. I logged out by going to bed on the third floor of my house. Logged in and I was on the first floor, stuck by my water barrel - which is directly below the bed on the third floor. I have to relog in order to move freely.  Happened on Wed (5/13) and today (5/15).

I have found a similar bug.  When building a bridge between 2 towers I would occasionally get stuck on top of 1 tower and unable to move.  I had to log out to get moving again, but each time I logged back in I was on the 2nd floor instead of on the 14th floor.

I have found a similar bug.  When building a bridge between 2 towers I would occasionally get stuck on top of 1 tower and unable to move.  I had to log out to get moving again, but each time I logged back in I was on the 2nd floor instead of on the 14th floor.

Do you have any idea what would cause you to get stuck?  Is it still happening after the bridge is complete?  Any details may help troubleshoot the stick issue, but thanks for the logout/different floor report.

From what I could tell, I got stuck if I backed up while standing on the tower, as long as I always walked forward I did not have problems.  I have not gotten stuck since the bridge was completed, but I have not spent much time up there since I finished it.  I did find that on a plank bridge over water it is possible to fish, if you look straight down and fish between the planks, but that is just fun.

Earlier this morning I logged on (after having put my char to bed) and was surprised. Instead of being on the first floor and stuck, I was on the second floor (of a 3 story house) and able to move. Still bit odd I don't wake up on the same floor as the bed (3rd floor) but happy to be able to play without relogging.

This may have been fixed as I can no longer reproduce this on test.  I don't have a bed on an upper floor on live to verify.  Can any of you who reported the issue still reproduce it?

Gud' morning folks!   May 26th, 2015 @ 17:20UTC

My thanks to CM "Evening" for pointing out this thread.  Just had this happen to an alt of mine.

I used a bed at an Alliance member's off deed Public Inn.

It was access via the new stair case.

When to sleep in 2nd floor bed... and my alt woke up on the 1st floor, directly underneath.

CM Evening asked to add this info to this bug report.

Food for thought,

Cheers!

Hughmongus

"Land Shaper" and highway builder on Indy

happened me in a house with all my alts where none of the alts were added as guest.