Sign in to follow this  
arden

Recovering items from the bottom of a lake

I logged in for the first time in seven or eight years, and I was immediately attacked by JK tower guards. Apparently the border has moved since then! In a panic, I ran and ended up jumping into a lake -- which used to be a decent escape strategy, but now apparently you just drown.

So, I drowned. My question is: If I somehow get back to where I died (finding the spot it might be impossible but I'd like to at least try), is there any way to recover my stuff from that lake?

Welcome back.

You should be able to just grab it regardless of depth.

If its shallow enough you can pick it up, if not drop dirt until you can reach it. also you may need a rowboat or something to get back if you went far enough out that you drowned.

Swim right over the top of it and you can get it.

corpses swim so it should not be a big issue unless someone else picked it up meanwhile

If you have been so long your body is gone and there is just a pile of items at the bottom, there is only 1 thing that makes it hard.  You have to be in the sea floating directly over the tile the pile is sitting on.  Even one tile to the side and the pile will be too far away to reach.  I say you have to be in the sea, and that is because you have to be able to look directly down to see your pile, which can't be done from a boat.

Thanks, this is just what I needed to know. I did not drown very far from shore; I eventually shook the guards and doubled back while very wounded, and didn't quite make it. It would take a miracle for me to find that exact spot again given the only clue I have is the 'Blackhorse' sign I passed while running, but maybe I should go ahead and try.

If you can get there before your corpse decays (2 or 3 days? I forget) you should be fine.

Once the items sink to the bottom (they'll be decaying in the meantime), it'll be harder but still possible by swimming directly over the pile it creates.

Edited by Tristanc