Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

No-Bridges Request

Hello everybody,

With the upcoming bridge update, I am very excited but also have one concern: Me and my friends have deeded a rather big island almost completely, and would like for this island to stay separated from the main land. Now, there have already been a few people that I have talked to from the area that have mentioned wanting to build a bridge to this island. However, we would like for our "kingdom" to stay separate from the main land - for now - or reserve the right to build a bridge wherever we feel the need to ourselves. 

I request this, because nobody would have a primary use of a bridge to our fully deeded island except ourselves, and we wish to remain unconnected. Thank you for understanding.

The deed island in question is this one: (Dragon Shore, R 22)

28lrktyh.png

• Like 2

Bridges are bashable afaik. if someone doesn't listen you can always remove it.

It's true, but I figured it might be social to warn people that we do not want a bridge. Maybe someone would have figured they'd do us a favor even!

• Like 1

This is indeed a friendly request. As he deeded the island he has the right to keep it seperate.

Goodluck with ur kingdom!

• Like 4

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about a situation like that without deeding all the land where a bridge can be built. 

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about a situation like that without deeding all the land where a bridge can be built. 

Yes, but try to inform local people as much as possible :) Plant some camera's around the island.. to be sure hehe.

• Like 1

Being in the same situation as Yldrania, I would hope that even if a fellow-player wanted to link the mainland to my island they would need to have both ends of the bridge on open land. Therefore, having a fully deeded island would surely negate the possibility of an unwanted bridge.

Or am I wrong?

Ooo a bridge request already?  I don't live too far away, I'll swing by later with some goodies to help out! :) See you then!

Howdy semi-neighbor!

I was actually trying to figure out a way through the valley on the land south of you and a bit east between the mountain valley there....to try and pass some kind of road through...but so far my explorations have left me unable to figure out a way through.

You needn't worry about me if I was going to go that way anyway, as I'd probably want to do a bridge across just north of that mountain east of White Harbor, or maybe straight over to that peninsula by you and then a bit north to connect up straight west from that...avoiding you altogether. (At least from my viewpoint, it's not like this is even a 'plan' or anything, just what I'd personally do if I was going to hook stuff up around there.)

I was actually curious what the coast-line looks like along the land south of your island there...like, is there a road that follows it or what? I haven't been able to make the trip around up in there to look. (I have to sail like 5 tiles out of my way to even get up and around up there, not counting going through a canal just to get around over there...so most of my 'attack route' would be by land if I was ever going to get up there....and so far, I cannot.)

Anyway, thanks for the warning.

I think the OP did the right thing here and inform the community in a nice way.

Anyone building a bridge there shouldnt be surprised if it was rapidly bashed.

• Like 3

I think this is completely reasonable request. Hopefully all players follow this request so we can avoid further Xanadu drama.

So, sorry I am going OT here, bridges are bashable? What about 2-lane bridges, those would be highways.

And also, I take it that bridges never decay?

If a bridge is part of a legit highway - it's protected by the same rules

• Like 1

So, sorry I am going OT here, bridges are bashable? What about 2-lane bridges, those would be highways.

And also, I take it that bridges never decay?

I do hope bridge decay as fast as stone houses with the ability to repair them

otherwise it will be full of bridge everywhere

Edited by Zetuka

Large bridges are not easy. Takes a lot of time and resources. I don't really see bridges going up all over the place unless you find a group to make them.

o/ hey neighbor,  Ill keep an eye out to make sure no-one starts a bridge from the south, Im on the coast just south of that island nice to know someones accually living out here lol

Edited by bigsteve
  • Like 1

It's true, but I figured it might be social to warn people that we do not want a bridge. Maybe someone would have figured they'd do us a favor even!

• Like 2

Will be building a bridge

Jk i dont even play here

What about 2-lane bridges, those would be highways.

Is it possible to build a 2-lane bridge? Does building two bridges next to each other automatically make them into one wider bridge?

Public relations assistant  - "I dont want to connect with the people"

:P

• Like 1

Can't hardly blame them for that. At least concerning some.  ;)

Worse thing about being a PR person is that you have to deal with a** hats who know they are that. The people who know them know they are that. Anyone who has any dealings with them know they are that. And to top it off the PR person knows they are that but can't state the obvious. Smile. Smile real big for the a** hat. I couldn't do PR. I'd end up in prison for murder.

Edited by Clatius

Haha good one.

Still, in my defense, I love interaction with people and helping them solve problems, but when it comes to my deed I like to keep it the way I want to without random people running around or interfering with the plans I've carefully laid out. So, in that case, my role with the community doesn't have anything to do with the request :D

• Like 2