Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

Update failed Meta-INF/Manifest.MF

I'm still having the same issue. When it first happened I just took a few hours off to do something else and then came back. Apparently, two "fixes" have been applied in the interim but I'm still not able to get into the game because of the error. I've tried relaunching and downloading the pack updates multiple times but it still throws the same error. I've even deleted the temp files in the packs folder. Looking to the posters above, downloading the graphics jar file is not a fix since it's hit or miss and will still mess up if you exit the game. So, I guess we just wait until there's a fix from the devs...

Ive tried two different computers - same problem with both.

So can anyone eles confirm that using a euro ip will fix this ? 

Ive tried Netherlands, France, Germany,Australia, Mexico, China, Russia so far and no luck

No luck with UK, Spain, Poland, Czeck Republic, South Korea, Japan either

Edited by Pip

I don't think anyone should delete anything its a problem at their end. Just wait..

any updates on this issue from devs?? hopefully when i wake up in morning they would of fixed this problem 

my gf got on but me and a friend in teamspeak both cant get in so cant be 100% thier end?

Going to try and use a euro vpn as someone eles said it worked for them

it worked for me in the US, but someone I know in NY it didnt.  I dont think it has anything to do with location.  Its something with verifying the integrity of the graphics jar.

I FIXED IT!!! But you need to have a 64bit operating system to ensure it works.

I fixed all the problems with two of my friends clients.

For some reason the wurm client doesn't relize that there is a variation in the graphics.jar

What I did to fix the problem:

1. Updated their clients to 64bit

a. uninstalled java 32 from programs and features

b. downloaded java 64 offline from here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

c. installed java 64 offline

2. Replaced their .jar files with mine

a. Link to download my .jar files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6MshfAviTWOEdBNzNLSEVkWFU/view?usp=sharing

b. unzipped C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/wurm/packs or where every your wurm directory is and under wurm/packs

3. Run the game and it should see your files are all good and the game will launch

a. All of your graphics options will need to be combed through to ensure they are what you had before. Unless you play with default settings.

See my post: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123354-update-failed-meta-infmanifestmf-how-i-fixed/

Edited by beanage

weapon racks r now pottery jars... but still can not get on an tried everything

my gf got on but me and a friend in teamspeak both cant get in so cant be 100% thier end?

Nothing has changed at the end of all these people, except what the devs have pushed out, We cant get on. At this point its been an entire day, a day that I have paid for, a day that I have not recieved. I realize just saying that will most likely inspire some heated emotional responses but that is a cold hard fact. I'm old and don't like being robbed of one of the few remaining days of my life not to mention the fiscal loss...

it was working an hr ago when i was logged in now it isnt working can't download the graphics jar...anyone know whats going on yet?

I FIXED IT!!! But you need to have a 64bit operating system to ensure it works.

I fixed all the problems with two of my friends clients.

For some reason the wurm client doesn't relize that there is a variation in the graphics.jar

What I did to fix the problem:

1. Updated their clients to 64bit

a. uninstalled java 32 from programs and features

b. downloaded java 64 offline from here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

c. installed java 64 offline

(thanks to Xsamuraizx)

3. Replaced their .jar files with mine

(this is the torrent file, you will require a torrent client (they are small)

I. this is a torrent file and requires torrent software to download it:  http://www.qbittorrent.org/ or  one of these:  http://www.howtogeek.com/197542/the-4-best-alternatives-to-utorrent-on-windows/                                                                                

(link to the torrent software i.e torrent downloader)

Note: once you download continue to share for other members of the community.

b. unzipped C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/wurm/packs or where every your wurm directory is and under wurm/packs

3. Run the game and it should see your files are all good and the game will launch

a. All of your graphics options will need to be combed through to ensure they are what you had before. Unless you play with default settings.

Edit: Updated 5/13/2015 for changes with .jar files

Edited by beanage
  • Like 4

Still borked for me as well. The graphics pack goes 100% then fails in patching. Of coarse the meta-inf/manifest.mf does the same.

So much for taking a vacation day to play with the new patch.

I used a VPN to connect through Norway and it finally patched and let me connect.  I disabled the VPN and can still connect, so it might be worth trying.

Many have gotten it to work by just trying over again.  Be sure you have no other clients open and in the game when you try.

If all that fails, you can try to manually download the packs.

This link will tell you where to get them and where to place them:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_bugs_and_solutions

Start reading from this heading:  The pack update has failed

I'm still reporting that the situation is not solved for some.

Thanks man this is how we fixed mine I could not comein the game but now I can.

• Like 1

Got the same error with a mismatched CRC on the manifest file.   CRC is a kind of computed checksum that verifies that the file being checked (the JAR's MANIFEST) has not been tampered with.  Either an old MANIFEST (JAR) was being fetched (perhaps it was cached?) or the file was being truncated.  I am not sure which, and I'm too lazy to figure it out.  Regardless, I deleted my application from the java web start cache using the Java control panel and downloaded a fresh JNLP from http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp and that didnt work.  So I deleted the application from the cache again and then I also clicked the Settings...-->Delete Files.. buttons on the General tab of the Java control panel and checked "Installed Applications and Applets" checkbox before hitting OK in the "Delete Files and Applications" dialog.   Then I downloaded a new JNLP from the same location as before, and it worked (got through the graphics download).  No idea why.   I think there's some funny caching going on somewhere either on my PC or what's being reported from the web server where wurm is hosted, but again....too lazy.

Good luck!

im working on downloading the patch manually and installing hopefully that works....let you guys know in a bit

Could someone that gets on could you plz open your graphics.jar with winzip or 7zip

go down to META-INF Folder right click MANIFEST.MF   hit edit and paste me what the contents of the fire are.

Should be close to

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.4
Created-By: 1.8.0_25-b18 (Oracle Corporation)
Built-By: Wurm Client Dev Team
Specification-Title: Wurm Client
Specification-Version: r2472
Specification-Vendor: Code Club AB.
Implementation-Title: Wurm Client
Implementation-Vendor: Code Club AB.
Implementation-Version: r2472
Build-date: 19-03-2015 10:20

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.8.4

Created-By: 1.8.0_25-b18 (Oracle Corporation)

Built-By: Wurm Client Dev Team

Specification-Title: Wurm Client

Specification-Version: r2525

Specification-Vendor: Code Club AB.

Implementation-Title: Wurm Client

Implementation-Vendor: Code Club AB.

Implementation-Version: r2525

Build-date: 12-05-2015 18:01

utorrent it is riddled with bloatware (and hogs resources). http://www.qbittorrent.org/ - use this, lite, fast and no bloatware. One and done :)

Otherwise a good fix, thank you.

Thank you very much I've updated my post.

• Like 1

What I did was

Computer > Wurm > Packs > delete everything all .jars

Run > Javaws -viewer > Delete all but unstable

Launch unstable.

Play.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1