Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

Update failed Meta-INF/Manifest.MF

Every time we get an update I can't play for days. Wonderful.

I got it to download, unfortunately I had to simply delete the jar files to allow it to redownload, thanks Dorian for the link, I will do that next time

Scratch that, didn't work, going with the link above now to see if that does it.

Edited by Wrecker

This has been going on for too long, is it even being looked into?

Every time we get an update I can't play for days. Wonderful.

I feel your pain lol,they launch it at 2pm 3pm their time  anything goes wrong  they are not working on it are they ?

Here is a problem that I haven't seen anything about in all these "fixes".... what about us old folks that are computer illiterate and just want to play a game and not have to worry about learning all the technical crap about computers. There needs to be "fixes" that us idiots can figure out without having to research to figure what all these acronyms mean.

There will be, you just may need to wait a few hours while the others mess around and get a workingsystem, eventually the devs will get normal downloads to be normal again.

Meantime, take a nap and come back later maybe.

Nice work.

Are the graphics.jar the same 32bit and 64bit?

Yes the graphic jar is the same no matter which JAVA version you use

• Like 1

For those of you have 2nd PC that gets into the game, I copied the packs folder into the PC that's not getting on and that fixed it. I know its not a good fix or practice but anyways, for you addicts that can do it like me, there it is lol

GL and happy wurming...

So wheres the official reply to this ongoing failure of the graphics.jar - 8 hours ago they purged the files and I was able to get online. So what are they doing about it now that Rolf is asleep? This is not good enough.

Ive tried all the solutions and just manually downloading the graphics jar now gives me an out of bounds memory error.

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

So wheres the official reply to this ongoing failure of the graphics.jar - 8 hours ago they purged the files and I was able to get online. So what are they doing about it now that Rolf is asleep? This is not good enough.

Ive tried all the solutions and just manually downloading the graphics jar now gives me an out of bounds memory error.

Apparently you are supposed to take a nap. pffft!

• Like 1

I finally got my client to work

1. download both the new client and test client

2. run test client let it completely update and close

3. run new client for all the new stuff ( will lock up)

4. go in to C:\Users\(username)\wurm\packs (or wherever your wurm file is located) delete graphics.jar and graphics.jar.temp if in there

5. copy test_graphics.jar to desktop

6. rename test_graphics.jar to graphics.jar

7. paste graphics.jar back in file C:\Users\(username)\wurm\packs (or wherever your wurm file is located)

8. run new client download this should fix the issues with the client

It has worked on all 4 of my PC

4. go in to C:\Users\(username)\wurm\packs (or wherever your wurm file is located) delete graphics.jar and graphics.jar.temp if in there

7. paste graphics.jar back in file C:\Users\(username)\wurm\packs (or wherever your wurm file is located)

Kristof is correct.  If downloading the graphics.jar as referenced above http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_bugs_and_solutions does not work for you for some reason, you can download the test client, rename the graphics.jar file and use it in your live client folder.

Test client link can be found here http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Test_client

Hopefully the issue will be addressed when the office opens, but until then you have an optional way to get into the game.

yes this worked Fairyshine also  suggested this to me

• Like 1

Strange, was playing and got DC'd for no reason, go back in and back to the same issue.

I will try the above fix with test

this worked for me.  I also deleted 32 bit java and installed the new v8 64 bit java

Apparently you are supposed to take a nap. pffft!

Well the problem is, there is not much else you CAN do except:

1) Try frustrating fixes, trial and error, stubbornly trying to get in (most of us addicts), OR

2) Take a nap till the frustrations are fixed,  OR

3) ###### about it so the devs realize you are unhappy,.

If #3 makes you feel the best -- go for it. But it is not likely to change any of TODAY'S conditions. It could help make sure the team is more sensitive in the future (which probably means, "don;t release bridges until EVERY POSSIBLE kink is gone even if that means abother 6 months). Players kept saying "enough waiting -- just release what you have for now and you can finetune and fix as you go"

Personally, I am weird and obsessive, if I know I cannot get into the game, I am unable to stop until I CAN get in. Once I CAN get in, I log off and take a nap lol.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If what Alectrys described is what I have to try to do to get into the game, I refuse. I assume they'll fix this sooner or later :(

If #3 makes you feel the best -- go for it. But it is not likely to change any of TODAY'S conditions. It could help make sure the team is more sensitive in the future (which probably means, "don;t release bridges until EVERY POSSIBLE kink is gone even if that means abother 6 months). Players kept saying "enough waiting -- just release what you have for now and you can finetune and fix as you go"

I don't see anyone  doing  #3 really ,but as forbridges i am not building any i  don't really care if it takes six years to get them in lol

yes it should be fixed by the end of the day.

In asherons Call, they used to have a saying, "Never Play On Patch Day."

Everyone of course tried anyway, We couldn;t help it!!   but the reminder was "things always go wrong with any major update." That's not just Wurm, that is many many games. Try again tonight if it is too frustrating right now.

I have to keep trying because I am wired weird -- if it is impossible, I must try anyway. Once it is possible, I no longer feel the compulsion, Lose interest and wander off for my nap.

(I am in love with naps, I consider them the cure for anything)

And I am not really caring about bridges either ^_^ maybe staircases but I probably won;t start mine till tomorrow just in case of any major bugs. 

I just don;t like the feeling of being locked out of Wurm. It makes me anxious/nervous/upset until i can get in again.

Luckily for many either the "test client fix" or the "manual update fix" seems to work for those with an obsessive need to not be locked out of Wurm, ever ever ever.

(Other games usually have 8 hours or more of downtime on days of a major patch. And even then, things would still go wrong).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

watched 4 movies, tried all the solutions, fail

gg 10/10 would waste another 10gb data usage

You can also use this method which is fewer steps if you choose until the issue is addressed:

1.  Go to your Wurm folder, find the packs folder and open it.

2.  Delete graphics.jar file

3.  Go here and download this file and place it in your packs folder http://www.wurmonline.com/packs/graphics.jar

4.  Launch your client and log in

downloading the graphics jar manuelly like Alectrys said above did the trick for me thanks :D