Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

Update failed Meta-INF/Manifest.MF

What i find funny is i was online after the patch, log for an hour and come back to this error. So glad i paid for premium time and a deed when they can't even get a launcher to work right.

>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123354-update-failed-meta-infmanifestmf-how-i-fixed/

Keep plugging that wherever you like, nobody is going to trust someone with 18 forum posts enough to download something from you that could be a virus/keylogger/trojan/other malware.

Edited by beanage

Some people do not want to download a torrent application then a torrent file from an unknown source.

• Like 3

Use to get this on the test client, now it works fine with nothing done on my end.

Will try the fixes, thanks for that, but either way they need to fix it themselves. not our job

Edited by New_Unsleep
  • Like 1

I had the same problem and downloaded the graphics file directly from the Wurmpedia as per Alectrys' suggestion. It works now for me. 

• Like 1

cant download. Error blaaah Meta blah . ugh

• Like 1

What worked for me is download the Wurm Test client, and get the packs updated in the test, then go to your wurm file and delete the graphics.jar file and rename the test_graphics.jar file to just graphics.jar

Then just launch wurm as per usual.

• Like 2

Manual download did not work my downloads stay at 0% with or without  the files downloaded  manually

Manual download also did not work nor downloading the test files an renaming them. have done all of the suggestions and still can not get pass issue.

After the bridges update I keep getting this, can anyone help please? This is what the temporary launch log says

Incorrect CRC from remote copy for META-INF/MANIFEST.MF (expected=2838982891 actual=4158217541)

Any help with or direction of who to tell about this would be appreciated

Thanks,

Wrecker

Dorian is correct. 

This is sadly normal with Wurm, it's graphics.jar pack file fails to update just about every major update.  The dev team has had YEARS to fix this.

Many have gotten it to work by just trying over again.  Be sure you have no other clients open and in the game when you try.

If all that fails, you can try to manually download the packs.

This link will tell you where to get them and where to place them:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_bugs_and_solutions

Start reading from this heading:  The pack update has failed

I'm still reporting that the situation is not solved for some.

This did the trick for me, thank you

Same issue. Stuck at 100% after trying to reinstall graphics jar

Here is a problem that I haven't seen anything about in all these "fixes".... what about us old folks that are computer illiterate and just want to play a game and not have to worry about learning all the technical crap about computers. There needs to be "fixes" that us idiots can figure out without having to research to figure what all these acronyms mean.

• Like 3

Be sure when re-re-re-trying that you are deleting the graphics.jar.tmp file as well.  If you don't it can get 'confused'.