Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

Update failed Meta-INF/Manifest.MF

I FIXED IT!!! But you need to have a 64bit operating system to ensure it works.

I fixed all the problems with two of my friends clients.

For some reason the wurm client doesn't relize that there is a variation in the graphics.jar

What I did to fix the problem:

1. Updated their clients to 64bit

a. uninstalled java 32 from programs and features

b. downloaded java 64 offline from here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

c. installed java 64 offline

2. Replaced their .jar files with mine

a. Link to download my .jar files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6MshfAviTWOEdBNzNLSEVkWFU/view?usp=sharing

b. unzipped C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/wurm/packs or where every your wurm directory is and under wurm/packs

3. Run the game and it should see your files are all good and the game will launch

a. All of your graphics options will need to be combed through to ensure they are what you had before. Unless you play with default settings.

See my post: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123354-update-failed-meta-infmanifestmf-how-i-fixed/

i have 64bit and it doesnt work.

What I did was

Computer > Wurm > Packs > delete everything all .jars

Run > Javaws -viewer > Delete all but unstable

Launch unstable.

Play

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried and we got nowhere, hopefully it works for some.

Edited by beanage

im out of id .. a dev or someone with power posting they working on it be nice

I used a swedish vpn and it worked.

Mine downloaded the entire graphics.jar then failed. That's a fairly large file to keep trying until it works.

this is getting beyond a joke!! even tried to manual install as the Mod above stated and still the same thing...... i say we get compensated max SB and a months free premium after this stuff up!!!! 

• Like 1

Agreed that 64-bit is not a solution.  I have a 64-bit JRE installed and experienced the same problem, and then the problem went away without having to upgrade the JRE.  I think it might be the CDN not propagating copies of the JAR files quickly enough or not purging their caches.  Those clients routed to one set of CDN servers are getting the new graphics JAR and the CRC is passing.  Those routed to other CDN servers are getting the old graphics.jar and the CRC is failing.  Some clients who were routed to a CDN server with the old JAR then later get load balanced to a server that has the new JAR and suddenly and magically the download works.

Also noticed that some people are even having connectivity problems to the CDN servers.  So it would not be a surprise if the problem is somehow related to CDN file propagation/caching.

Edited by Belzon

37 minutes, round 3... fight. Save as... replace. I'm just thankful my ISP never looks at the meter.

manually downloading and replacing the graphics pack worked for me!

Doing the manual download on the graphics jar just worked for me.

i downloaded the graphics.jar manually and it works now

Doing the manual download on the graphics jar just worked for me.

Edited by JakeRivers

Attempt #20, it actually got past 0% \o/

Thank you very much I've updated my post.

No probs, it is just a way better client. The fix works well. Thanks again.

i have 64bit and it doesnt work.

I seriously doubt you tried my fix, I'm sure you skipped some parts.

My game will not load do to the graphics. What is the best way to launch? Haveing some trouble here

Get a copy of the pack JARs from someone you trust.  The CDN appears to be taking a long time propagating the new JAR to its nodes (educated guess) causing some people to get the new version while others get the old version (which results in the CRC error).

Get a copy of the pack JARs from someone you trust.  The CDN appears to be taking a long time propagating the new JAR to its nodes (educated guess) causing some people to get the new version while others get the old version (which results in the CRC error).

I have a link to my .jar files. Get a hash from one of your friends and check them against mine. Mine are good.

From the link and directions by Alectrys:

Many have gotten it to work by just trying over again.  Be sure you have no other clients open and in the game when you try.

If all that fails, you can try to manually download the packs.

This link will tell you where to get them and where to place them:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Common_bugs_and_solutions

Start reading from this heading:  The pack update has failed

I'm still reporting that the situation is not solved for some.