Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Abandoned Ship Server

bare with me, this is either a good idea or a ridiculous one.

We all know the problem with the abandoned ship eyesore.

the new textures may improve the situation but a situation it'll remain.

Why not, have a server, just for ships that have been left for more than 6 months?

Im sure it'll be very useful for everyone that wants to imp their SB ;) , maybe disallow that lol.

either way, it'd solve a very old problem and would also prevent short sighted players from running around imping all the ships that need, to rot.

I can't imagine more than 10% of them are on a `long break`

On the other hand, maybe the developers want abandoned ships everywhere and the server would look dead without them, who knows, just a suggestion, what do you think?

Edited by Steveleeb

I use a ship for crate storage, WAY away from water.  i would want to make certain that it doesn't get zapped too because it doesn't move.

yeah the rule need only apply to moored ships :)

simple enough

Edited by Steveleeb

Horrible idea. Where is the point of it?

• Like 1

I would prefer that at 50 damage the lock breaks on the ship, and it has an option salvage, and it allows you to claim it.

• Like 4

Horrible idea. Where is the point of it?

Where is the point of it?

Im sorry i couldn't be clearer.

too many servers as it is.

Edited by Mishia
  • Like 1

better to just delete the boats and save money on a useles server

Best option for ridding servers of abandoned ships is to utlize the new permissions system when it's released in a way that ships/vehicles act as houses do now.  After a period of inactivity they'd start taking vastly more dmg, decaying within a month~ not years.

Hmm... dev-owned (like starter deeds) dev-made 50x50 hollow rock island (for lags' sake) collapse-proofed with dev magicks to stash them in after 6 months?

One per server at some border... 

• Like 1

Best option for ridding servers of abandoned ships is to utlize the new permissions system when it's released in a way that ships/vehicles act as houses do now.  After a period of inactivity they'd start taking vastly more dmg, decaying within a month~ not years.

non-premium activity would have to qualify as activity.. i think then, despite fears, that'd work, aye.

Edited by Steveleeb

I don't want to bare with you. My wife yes, you no.  ;)

Walking the shore of Cele the other day and there were lots of abandoned boats. So maybe you have something there. When I was on Exodus the day after Cele I was thinking the number of abandoned buildings was more of a problem than the abandoned ships. So maybe if someone doesn't show up for three months just zap all their stuff. But then I thought, hey, I was gone for over 1 1/2 years. Came back and my buildings were all gone but my boat was still there. Under the water but there. I was really happy it didn't go away. Fixed it up and off to Xanadu. So yeah, people really do go away for a long time and come back. I'm sure all of them are happy to see their boats are still around. 

Where is the point of it?

Im sorry i couldn't be clearer.

What is the point of a Server full of ships. Nonsense idea.

bad idea, we already have 3-4 more servers than was needed

where are you living? perhaps I should visit you to improve all ships in your vicinity to ql 90 to improve your day :P

lol. wow.

Maybe I should have said 'abandoned ship island' lotta ppl fixating on their issues with the number of servers.

I'm sure 10% of ppl return but more often than not, they park their ship in your face, play for half a year, abandon their deed and forget about their ship.

Course if you ask them to park it elsewhere while they're playing.. You're the rude one.

Oh well. No matter. Ile let someone else take a beating next time.

:).

Sorry, -1 from me also, no real need for it. Join a bigger village or Chaos village, theres like 20-30 ships in the boatcaves if not more that can be imped.. but no need for a new server. I like the lock disepearing but i think the DMG should be like 75+.

• Like 1

I would prefer that at 50 damage the lock breaks on the ship, and it has an option salvage, and it allows you to claim it.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea. Although it may cause a lot of other problems.

Can you bash a boat?

-1 on the island idea.. But popping locks and resetting ownership after a certain amount of decay makes sense. I'm all for salvaging old and abandoned ships.

i love old ships free skill points ;3

and that, is why they need to be moved.

You'll find deed owners very annoyed at you if they catch you prolonging the life of a  ship they've been staring at for 2 years, waiting to rot.

(its ok) of course you don't care, we can't all give a damn, what sorta world would that be. :unsure:

Edited by Steveleeb