Sign in to follow this  
Percefonie

Sleep Bonus Experiment

I recently tried an experiment on sleep bonus / beds.....

If you have a toon logged off in a bed, it will automatically remove said toon upon 5 hours accumulated sleep bonus, thus freeing the bed for use.

EXPERIMENT / RESULTS

I have an alt that I had logged off in a bed with 4 hours and 50 minutes of current SB. I logged her off in a bed and after the 4  RL hours it would've taken to accumulate the remaining 10 minutes, I tried several times over a 24 hour period to log a different toon off in same bed..... still says it is occupied.

The same alt, with 5 hours current SB was then logged off in a bed. When trying to log this toon off in same bed, same result..... still occupied.

Seems whether the 5 hours is current or accumulated during log off, the bed is not able to be used.

Just thought I'd post the results for anyone else trying it or having wondered it as well.

**If this is in the wrong forum, my apologies :)

Perce

good to know, thanks for the info. Too bad i never have 5 hours of sb on a toon. Guess more beds for me  ;)

Just wanted to post an update..... tried it again today and the bed is now available. Maybe it isn't quite at the 5 hour mark, seems a bit past, but either way, the bed now gives a sleep option. 

I wonder if maybe it doesn't vacate until such time as it would have hit 6 hours?

Maybe but the max we can get is when it hits the 5th hour. the time it should've hit the full 5 hour mark though, it took about 36 RL hrs AFTER that for the bed become available. With the 2.5 min SB per 1 RL hour, that would've been another 90 minutes of SB though we max at 5.

It did become available, just not quite at the 5 hr mark.

Just thought it was interesting and wonder if it has anything to do with the every day refresh time ( lag time, lol). Perhaps that is a server refresh / back up for that too, not just 'position on the server" etc.

Either way, a few extra hours isn't a big deal, just figured I'd include the results I found :) Especially since I'll probably never have those 5 hours stored again :P Luckily, we have more than 1 bed!!!

It'd be interesting to see if it just happened to be my bed / experiment / randomness.....