Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Customised Spirit Templars

You know sometimes I just think to myself "these templars would look a lot better as spectral wolves".

This is a suggestion for a new pull down menu in the "manage guards" section of deed management that lets you choose the form your spirit templars take.  No change to their combat abilities, just something aesthetic.

To unlock more than the default you buy "<name> spirit invocation scroll"s from a merchant at 3-10 silver each (price linked directly to epicness).  Once unlocked for a deed they remain unlocked until the deed is disbanded.  To unlock them, simply use them on the deed (one use only).

Considering the cap on deed guards is 5 it might not be unreasonable to let the deed owner pick the type for each guard rather than a global, though even a global option would be nice.

It would provide a nice moneysink for rolf, not effect balance in any way or form and (best part) let me have my spectral wolves!

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 2

Aye aesthetic options like these make good moneysinks.

+1 the option to change the color of the spirit templars would also be nice.

+1 especially if it was an additional use of the yellow potion

...and buff yellow potion to not end when you get hit

+1

except I say aesthetic changes FOR FREE. Crazy, I know.

the cap on guards depends on your deed size

but i would love to hire a Spirit drake or spirit eagle to defend my walls, instead of 5 guards

or some other cool stuff, lava fiend spirits, death crawler spirits, wolves, Ents?? :P

could definitely aid our creativity

+1 plus I also wish you could customize what creatures they will attack, such as "kill trolls; leave hell horses alone."

• Like 1

although i don't use one, 1 silver a month should definitely give you more options than it does.

+1