Sign in to follow this  
Meldichoir

Light objects with a candle (lit)

If candle is lit, you can activate it to perform 'light' action.

Also, you may activate an unlit candle in order to light it from any object which is lit.

----------------

In a scenario where the player is without steel and flint, this would aid in their ability to produce it:

The candle could be lit by a camp fire created with kindling and wood scraps. Using the candle, you could light a charcoal pile in order to produce the charcoals for steel production. The candles would also better fill their role as an easily constructed light source, allowing entry into the dark mines to collect iron and flint. Once the steel and flint is crafted, it is no longer necessary to transfer an existing flame in order to 'light'.

• Like 2

+1 because I scavenged newbie areas for startup gear on the fear id loose steel and flint. Think I have 17 stashed away still for emergencies.

Mmm fire. Would also be a nice thing for lava tiles.

[bump]

This would only require coding the candle (lit) to function as a steel and flint already does. Lighting a candle from an existing fire would be unlike existing mechanics, but seems like it could be easily coded as well.

I also cannot see how this could interfere with existing mechanics/balance as nobody seems to need to craft steel and flint sets; I also have some QL50 newbie sets saved safely. The damage from usage is insignificant.

+1

Torches might also benefit from this extra functionality.

• Like 1

+1 Yes, and I second the torch option as well. Not that I'd get much use from this but it makes sense.