Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 19

Nice new boat-modells, but we need to fix boat-bugs, they are since six years - thanks a lot!

• Like 2

So with staircases we get also rotation floors? since we need anyway to rotate staircases right?

I *think* (but don't quote me on this) that it will retain colour, but I'm only assuming that since other new models do.

So if i am to understand, the boats will have same texture, but, say if  I have a painted knarr, will that maintain its color?

aside from that I am pumped, good job guys

[19:13:01] <Jberg> looks horrible 10/10 would do again

[19:13:31] <Jberg> 99 ql blue is not the thing for THIS job

A9reK3F.jpg

• Like 9

Wow, I'm actually trying to find words descriptive enough to say just how happy this post makes me. As if it weren't enough that we have a date for the bridges, but the added bonus of the GORGEOUS boat skins (been drooling and waiting for those to be added ever since I saw the first screenies of them) and STAIRS. 

STAIRS.

STAIRS.

Aahhhhh this is home decorators dream come true! So happy! 

• Like 2

[19:13:01] <Jberg> looks horrible 10/10 would do again

[19:13:31] <Jberg> 99 ql blue is not the thing for THIS job

A9reK3F.jpg

OUTSTANDING

• Like 2

This could be a very good month for wurm all the updates sounds good.Hope the promotions arnt in anticipation of bug reports:) 

This could be a very good month for wurm all the updates sounds good.Hope the promotions arnt in anticipation of bug reports:) 

come help us test on the test server over the weekend to help us make sure! 

Can carts be driven up/down staircases?

No, but dragged.

• Like 1

Wurm dev team in the office.

I propose this:

If you 100% release all of these features on tuesday I will order you guys 2 pizzas to omnomnom on (im sure theres a dominos or something near you in motala)

If this doesnt give you an incentive I don't know what will! :P

boats.....stairs.... bridges.... imma faint Bloody EPIC nice guys cant wait for the update!

and how do we paint boats without a "fountain pan"

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 1

*eyes bridges warily*

Just checked the components needed to build the two items needed to start to even plan them. Then there are the skill levels needed for different types and lengths. Add onto this the materials needed per section for different types. Have fun building them, I guess.

=Ayes=

LOVE this news,new knarr viking model hilarious,and all boats looks nice too,the only think that it will be the outstanding is the new bridges and stairs too,good work team,this starting to get a new face of wurm online,the only thing that you guys need to work too is the memory leak,and the lagg,crashes,etc... it will be fantastic if you guys can optimize this. congratulations Rolf and all wurm team.

I see Newtown Lag and 4Chan crashes LOL.

But I am so very excited for all of this.

*eyes bridges warily*

Just checked the components needed to build the two items needed to start to even plan them. Then there are the skill levels needed for different types and lengths. Add onto this the materials needed per section for different types. Have fun building them, I guess.

=Ayes=

I for one am happy that the components needed to build the items required to start bridges is complex and not easy.  Maybe this will keep bridges in the hands of responsible builders that won't deface the landscape with ridiculous bridge monstrosities all over the place.  The harder and higher the skills the better for such a landscape-changing ability.

• Like 7

This is pretty exciting. I was so hoping the update would not just be bridges alone. Well done!

Stair rotation (and ladders) really are a must.  How else will we make our spiral stair towers? :)

Confirmation of being able to drive carts and wagons up them would be nice, but I'm sure someone will report on it shortly.

How is visibility of knarr sailing?  No more blinding sail?  I hate having to always have an alt loaded in the front for visibility.

Finally, for wood textures, would it be too hard to make it an on/off selection in the client? Some of us may have powerful enough PCs to see the textures just fine.

Edited by Wurmhole

This is pretty exciting. I was so hoping the update would not just be bridges alone. Well done!

Stair rotation (and ladders) really are a must.  How else will we make our spiral stair towers? :)

yes, exists.

Confirmation of being able to drive carts and wagons up them would be nice, but I'm sure someone will report on it shortly.

No, not able. will have to do custom configurations with bridges for now.

How is visibility of knarr sailing?  No more blinding sail?  I hate having to always have an alt loaded in the front for visibility.

7Ar18fw.jpg

Finally, for wood textures, would it be too hard to make it an on/off selection in the client? Some of us may have powerful enough PCs to see the textures just fine.

Meant to be handled by shaders down the line.

• Like 3

Woot! The Holy Tuesday is finally here!

• Like 1

the best news and update in years finaly bridges and stairs.  This just awsome welldone at long last thank you.  One question might we get ramps as well as stairs so we can drive carts and wagons to upper floors of buildings makeing them truely useful?  Or can we drive them up the stairs?  Although I am saddened in the makeing ships all the same.  Painting is prohibitive with its hudge value and need to all be mixed in one container to big to hold with out the buged fountain in a pack.  How about giveing players a coice of several empblems to be placed on the sails.  Some way to know on sight which is yours.  Again good job thanks

question on stairs.  can we make a 2 tile wide hole and put 2 stairs in . so we can ride carts up them ;-)