Sign in to follow this  
zalor

Ship Equipment

Would love to see ships have equipment slots like horses. So that items like sails, oars, rutters, ect could be made in different QL's and rarities. Of course would also be able to be enchanted.

This could allow for different colored sails, and allow modifications that could help increase ship speeds and promote more tradable items.

Of course also adding in towing lines so that if you're say selling a knarr and you're deliverying it. You could tow a smaller ship such as a sail boat or rowboat to head back in.

• Like 3

No weapons?

Also beds, forges, ovens, etc.

Edited by Klaa

This is a substantial idea with many huge advantages.

Shipbuilders could make and sell rudders, oars, etc.  Similar to selling blacksmith tools, these accessories will take damage over time with use (not just with age).  These items could be improved, enchanted and removed/installed on various types of ships.  Possibly different types of oars/rudders for different boats.

Tailors can make kingdom sails (MR, JK, HOTS) and sell them.  Would make sense since there's plenty of other cloth items in the game like banners that this works with.

Both of these professions could definitely use some love with regard to the Wurm economy, and I am a big fan of ANYTHING that would make my ship go faster, considering how much time I spend sailing.

• Like 1