Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

sick-of-this-crap-xanadu-lag/

Reply to Xanadu's excessive mountains was "making maps by hand is too hard" go figure.

BIG BLOODY BUMP..

Fix this come one... im fighting a venerable troll and i get a lagg spike of 30 seconds pluss and end up with 20% health left..

How bloody hard can it be to fix a lagg issue? How long have we have to wait in silence knowing that you guys still havent got us an update.

How much players are paying for a game and still dont give us information about this?

I dont care about what needs to be changed about atrifacts.. Get ur problems FIXED first then change things.

Edited by Devily
  • Like 3

BIG BLOODY BUMP..

Fix this come one... im fighting a venerable troll and i get a lagg spike of 30 seconds pluss and end up with 20% health left..

How bloody hard can it be to fix a lagg issue? How long have we have to wait in silence knowing that you guys still havent got us an update.

How much players are paying for a game and still dont give us information about this?

I dont care about what needs to be changed about atrifacts.. Get ur problems FIXED first then change things.

Soo you don't want any new content or any changes to wurm for the next half a decade+ until the games problems are fixed? I personally have to say no, No thank you. I enjoy the content update every once in awhile. Because wurm has such a long bug list, its gonna take several years for them to iron out all of them.

You experience a bug every single day, You may not realize it, but theirs soo many that we encounter its a bit ridiculous. Theirs bugs from embarking carts, building walls, all the way to ghosting, And it goes on. I think the wurmpedia has a page on a good chunk of them. 

What you seem to not understand devily, Fixing something on such a large scale isn't easy. At all. The way wurm was designed is for the 8x8/16x16 sized servers, Not the monster that xanadu is. Its like trying to put a medium sized shirt on a large guy, You can only stretch it so far before it starts to rip. I can't even imagine what they're gonna need to do to fix xanadu lag, The population grows constantly & its size & monster issues aren't helping whatsoever. And honestly, I don't think xanadu lag is going away any time soon considering their plans with bridges and other future plans. 

Soo you don't want any new content or any changes to wurm for the next half a decade+ until the games problems are fixed? I personally have to say no, No thank you. I enjoy the content update every once in awhile. Because wurm has such a long bug list, its gonna take several years for them to iron out all of them.

You experience a bug every single day, You may not realize it, but theirs soo many that we encounter its a bit ridiculous. Theirs bugs from embarking carts, building walls, all the way to ghosting, And it goes on. I think the wurmpedia has a page on a good chunk of them. 

What you seem to not understand devily, Fixing something on such a large scale isn't easy. At all. The way wurm was designed is for the 8x8/16x16 sized servers, Not the monster that xanadu is. Its like trying to put a medium sized shirt on a large guy, You can only stretch it so far before it starts to rip. I can't even imagine what they're gonna need to do to fix xanadu lag, The population grows constantly & its size & monster issues aren't helping whatsoever. And honestly, I don't think xanadu lag is going away any time soon considering their plans with bridges and other future plans. 

Id rather have a lag free server then new content indeed. Thats my opinion. I understand very good large scale fixing isnt easy. There is a simple fact that they can give use heads up about a specific problem that has been occuring for months. 

Edited by Devily
  • Like 1

Id rather have a lag free server then new content indeed. Thats my opinion. I understand very good large scale fixing isnt easy. There is a simple fact that they can give use heads up about a specific problem that has been occuring for months. 

Most of us pay monthly subscription for a reason because we want to play a game we like. But also have rights to know whats going on.

Rights you give yourself don't count btw. They can take our money and ban us right after and we have no right to say otherwise. 

They have, Their PR team has given us the statement "We are looking into the issue". And that's all were gonna get for the time being. 

deli its suferring many lag spikes now too.so thngs are getting worse everywhere

Rights you give yourself don't count btw. They can take our money and ban us right after and we have no right to say otherwise. 

They have, Their PR team has given us the statement "We are looking into the issue". And that's all were gonna get for the time being. 

Your white knighting isn't helping anyone.

And no, they can't take the money then ban us, that WOULD reach courts and there's plenty of precedent going around where games' "You pay, we promise nothing" holds as much water as a colander.  Courts can't set precedents otherwise or no business would ever be responsible for its own actions again.  As paying customers we have the right to the product we've paid for, if you think otherwise you're a fool.

"Looking into the issue" is good for a couple of weeks, maybe a month.  Xanadu's been launched and lagging for way, way more time.

If you have a problem with people having a problem with lag, stay the hell out of the threads and go troll your local bar or something.

• Like 2

deli its suferring many lag spikes now too.so thngs are getting worse everywhere

Can confirm. It was pretty bad last night, lagging out for 5+ minutes before being able to do anything

Still looking for an update on this from the devs

No lag problems on epic ppl, ur all welcome.

Only a memory leak after some travels but its not too bad. Just have a new launcher open.

Good for you but we dont benefit from joining epic. It has nothing to do with this thread ;)

We are talking about Xanadu not epic. Its never a solution and never will be. 

• Like 1

No lag problems on epic ppl, ur all welcome.

Only a memory leak after some travels but its not too bad. Just have a new launcher open.

Was in all day in serenity yesterday and I was in serenity up until noon today.

had to restart the game like 4 or 5 times when I noticed micro game freezes

but no lag.

To all of ya who would like to try it out, give it a shot, you won't regret it.  Heck JKH has an active newbie learning center Right close to the starter city, and one of thier "top guys" is online dang near all the time.

To all of ya who don't wanna lose all dat silver and rescources, think of it this way, it'll be kinda like a new server for ya, not all untouched and pure and whatnot, but one who knows how to treat a char right and has no problems with things getting a lil wild :)

and finally to all who think you gunna get pwned over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . etc  I been in the new JK kingdom home server for bout a week or 2 and nobody has yet even said a hateful remark towards me.  in Fact 99% of the server wants to genuinely help out their kingdom m8s and whatnot.  well unless your a total douche bag.  but once again I have not seen any of thems here yet either.

Bottom line, come and I'm willin to bet you will not Regret it.

Edited by joojoo1975

What if, when Epic players complained about the new Elevation map, we'd have gone in saying "forget about it, if you don't like it move to Freedom"?   Reaction would have been "OOOoooOOOooh!!  Evil evil trolling us RoooOOOoooOOOoolf pls clin ths thred!"

You guys had your fixed, twice, now let people on the other servers ask for what they've already paid for and go troll elsewhere ffs.

• Like 2

What if, when Epic players complained about the new Elevation map, we'd have gone in saying "forget about it, if you don't like it move to Freedom"? Reaction would have been "OOOoooOOOooh!! Evil evil trolling us RoooOOOoooOOOoolf pls clin ths thred!"

You guys had your ###### fixed, twice, now let people on the other servers ask for what they've already paid for and go troll elsewhere ffs.

Haha just making sure ppl know they are welcome on our wonderfull cluster too, u too homeboy.

It's not trolling son.

• Like 1

But it was trolling when I commented on an "Epic only" thread, incidentally on this same topic, you know, epic getting 3 new maps, xanadu getting lag and silence..  in fact I remember a certain LorenaMontana calling me a troll over said comments .... so... 

Like I say to other pests, shoo!  Go fling poop at each other over mycelium or something.

• Like 2

But it was trolling when I commented on an "Epic only" thread, incidentally on this same topic, you know, epic getting 3 new maps, xanadu getting lag and silence..  in fact I remember a certain LorenaMontana calling me a troll over said comments .... so... 

Like I say to other pests, shoo!  Go fling poop at each other over mycelium or something.

ur so cute 

• Like 1

Our server admins are looking into this problem and narrowing down the cause.

Once we know the cause we can fix it but until then we are trying our best!

Sorry for any inconvenience related to this.

Any news yet?

• Like 1

Getting little lag blips again. And just got forcibly disconnected after one semi long one....and now getting 'Network error'.

Wanna see lag? Wait till bridges go live and everyone comes back to check them out. It will be epic lag fest on Xanadu.  :P

Wanna see lag? Wait till bridges go live and everyone comes back to check them out. It will be epic lag fest on Xanadu.  :P

I think all servers will suffer when bridges launch. Since everyones gonna be moving marble n brick for those fancy bridges. Soo thousands of bricks/Marble are gonna be moving around each and every server. That and bugs & "I died when walking on a bridge" or something along those lines.

I think all servers will suffer when bridges launch. Since everyones gonna be moving marble n brick for those fancy bridges. Soo thousands of bricks/Marble are gonna be moving around each and every server. That and bugs & "I died when walking on a bridge" or something along those lines.

First there will be massive lag on all servers, then all bugs, unpatched for years, will start triggering. Players falling off the carts, insta-dying for no reason, water-splash sound effects keep playing forever... doom lol

[07:29:30] <Shinjutsu> lag

[07:29:38] <Kekstier> xanadu

[07:29:47] <Mikesandy> same thing

[07:29:54] <Kekstier> ^

[07:30:07] <Shamank> ^

[07:30:10] <Gatling> yes lag

FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lag is a scourge that leads me to make 120% more bologna sandwiches

• Like 1