Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

sick-of-this-crap-xanadu-lag/

I believe those lags are related with something from the War Machines update as it was fine before.

Maybe it would be wise to disable it the time to find the origin of the problem. 

Not true. Lags and disconnects were common before that.

Also, saying the server is too big is incorrect. If that were the case then Indy and Chaos would also experience lag either 1/4 as bad or 1/4 as often. It is probably a hardware/software problem. 

I will not go back to another server and lose all of my work. I would have to rage quit I'm afraid. Instead shut down some of the smaller servers since the populations are so small. Use the resources for the more populated servers.   :P

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

Randomly shouting for servers to close will clearly fix everything.

Xanadu has always had periodic lag problems since its inception, this being not the worst really but up close to it. Like Asidecay mentioned, I can rarely recall any extended period of time where the several second lag refresh has not been the norm. Seems others have gotten used to that as normal but on Deliverance and Pristine there is none of it.

Until even this lag refresh between actions (when preforming them individually) is resolved, it seems only the more severe periods such as this current one will be acknowledged as the problem, while the core remains hidden within the veil of excessiveness. Mmmm, yep.

=Ayes=

I believe in you, Xanadu, but sometimes your lag makes it difficult.

I had 4 second action lag on pre release. Therefore I deduced it would only get worse as more people, items, and creatures were introduced.

As such, we chose to stay on one of the smaller 8x8 servers. Close to no lag there, and I would assume the other smaller servers are the same.

Sorry to hear you are having issue there.

Don't rule out moving to a smaller server for the time being though.

Consider it a lag free vacation. :)

• Like 1

And abandon all of my pointless hard work and wasted life even temporarily? Nevah.  ;)

• Like 2

If Xan is too big for the server hardware, then refund deed costs and make 2 smaller servers

tempting... but give us a land border, something like crossing a desert. Make sure there is a no build zone along the crossing though. We dont want another ship-spawns-on-island situation with  carts stuck in someones writ.

• Like 1

I will glady move to a smaller server if the Devs copy and paste my deed to a similar water front location.

• Like 2

The solution is simple children, stop freedom and join epic.

Yes, this!! ;)

If someone can pack 100k+ crops (or other tiny items) into a ship then have 2 ppl try to unload into a bsb/fsb, would help prove or disprove a theory about yesterday's lagbursts.

Or lend me another 300k.  I'm not expecting another hauling mission of that magnitude anytime soon and sure as hell don't love farming enough for rake up that many myself.

As for the other days, no idea what caused the lags or how.

The solution is simple children, stop freedom and join epic.

To be a victim for some blood hungry douche-bags? Don't think so then I prefer playing another game or moving to a smaller Island ... well I even would if I would get refunded for my deed ...

• Like 2

Not moving back to smaller servers. Not after disbanding there and restarting everything here on Xanadu.  If we never get this resolved, I would just cancel all subscriptions and move to a new game.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Not moving back to smaller servers. Not after disbanding there and restarting everything here on Xanadu.  If we never get this resolved, I would just cancel all subscriptions and move to a new game.

Tried that once... 3 years ago... 

GL On your attempt tho, I can get away for about 2 years then i gotta return to wurm. 

There has been more lag on Xanadu than other servers from the start of the server. Not the kind we have now, but still some 50ms base lag is always there, it prevents mobs from moving full speed etc. 

I hope you can fix this horrible lag and the bugged creature spawns. 

And then the client memory leaks, they are pretty bad too. Restarting every 30-60 min is a requirement when out hunting. 

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 2

There has been more lag on Xanadu than other servers from the start of the server. Not the kind we have now, but still some 50ms base lag is always there, it prevents mobs from moving full speed etc. 

I hope you can fix this horrible lag and the bugged creature spawns. 

And then the client memory leaks, they are pretty bad too. Restarting every 30-60 min is a requirement when out hunting. 

True I am already used to a small lag but still hope for a miracle , BUT atm the situation is not acceptable ....

When the SSD drives were purchased for the new servers years ago, there was some discussion on them. One of the things that came up was that the drives to be purchased did not have automatic TRIM as an option.

Is Xanadu on those drives? Have they been manually trimmed?

If not, the server may be experiencing issues due to corruption on bad sectors of the SSD's. Each detected corruption would result in a correction, and without automatic TRIM, the machine will continue to try to use the bad sectors.

To be a victim for some blood hungry douche-bags? Don't think so then I prefer playing another game or moving to a smaller Island ... well I even would if I would get refunded for my deed ...

I dunno where u got this information lol but its not really how it is.

We have a ton of carebears and woman on our cluster...

But as always, the view most pve ppl have over our beautifull cluster is biased as ;)

• Like 4

I dunno where u got this information lol but its not really how it is.

We have a ton of carebears and woman on our cluster...

But as always, the view most pve ppl have over our beautifull cluster is biased as ###### ;)

Played 1 month on Epic and it was horrible ... at first the dictator of Zwergenbucht tried to make a slave out of me then I did meet 3 nice people and I had some fun and one day 8 players from another server came and robbed all my goods and killed me several times (yeah great job killing a noob with basic armory and 8 against one ...), well then I decided I rather prefer to play on Freedom ... because 8 against one is not what I call fair-play ...

• Like 1

Xanadu isn't the only server getting this. It may have the worst lag, but it isn't the only server getting ridiculous lag spikes.

@ Lorena: "We have a ton of carebears and woman on our cluster... "

Welcome to Serenity.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Played 1 month on Epic and it was horrible ... at first the dictator of Zwergenbucht tried to make a slave out of me then I did meet 3 nice people and I had some fun and one day 8 players from another server came and robbed all my goods and killed me several times (yeah great job killing a noob with basic armory and 8 against one ...), well then I decided I rather prefer to play on Freedom ... because 8 against one is not what I call fair-play ...

Damn son.  I been killed by my own kingdom m8s like twice.  not gonna go into the details, sure you can scrounge up that old topic youself.  but made a move to a pmk then to another game kingdom, and it's been smooth sailing.

I really think you should give epic another chance.

but then again, if you did come back and everything happened exactly like you said again with different people.  I would say your luck Suxx. 

stay away from traffic.

Our server admins are looking into this problem and narrowing down the cause.

Once we know the cause we can fix it but until then we are trying our best!

Sorry for any inconvenience related to this.

Xanadu is still lagging, what if anything have you found out? Its not as bad as when I started this thread but its still lagging from 3 to 7 seconds a lot.

Yeah, we were once again getting lag spikes that aren't the 'normal' the last time I was on. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm starting to get annoyed by the lack of response on this + the mob spawn issue.