Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

sick-of-this-crap-xanadu-lag/

Xanadu hamsters are on strike again. 132 second lag according to the graphs. 13 minutes of SB lasting over 30 wall clock minutes.

Full water, Full Food and 15 - 20 seconds for stamina bar to refill.

PLEASE FIX THE LAG!

[03:48:08] <Warrager> I love when my stamina bar does not move for 30 seconds

[03:48:20] <Tayne> Ya,, just awesome

[03:48:39] <Tayne> Makes farming so much less tedious than it already is....

[03:50:25] <Redi> yep

[03:50:56] <Redi> that i know.. farming is so freaking slow on 20 limit :D

[03:52:17] <Zenity> Sheesh, lag is a little terrible today

[03:52:50] <Timothymarker> yes, I have stamina lag of 4 seconds after each action

[03:53:19] <Zenity> About the same here, to say nothing of trying to fight

[03:54:04] <Shamank> levelling is a nightmare, i'd hate to fight right now

*waves hand* this is not the lag you are looking for

lag-day.png

Farming in lag sucks.  Not only was I waiting for 10+ seconds for my stamina to regenerate, but the server was taking a second or two to update my position, so I was constantly receiving the error when I click a farm tile "you are too far away to do that".

Is it that bad today? Maybe I shouldn't bother logging in.

Is it that bad today? Maybe I shouldn't bother logging in.

Yes, it ... it's lag... lagging ha.. rd... we lose conta....  *noise*

• Like 1

Farming in lag sucks.  Not only was I waiting for 10+ seconds for my stamina to regenerate, but the server was taking a second or two to update my position, so I was constantly receiving the error when I click a farm tile "you are too far away to do that".

Yeah, had that earlier today as well... I was pretty tired at that point and missed to tend half my farmtiles because of that error >_>

It was to laggy to hunt last night ,switched to mining. Then sleep . One can only have so much patience with lag.

It's not them, it's you. Just ask them and they'll verify that.  ;)

Another one I like is, 'the server graphs are not accurate'.  :lol:

Edited by Clatius

Just crossed from Release... it's bad.. so glad i'm only delivering, trick is remembering that the ship acquires Chevrolet Cavalier steering and turning about 5 seconds before you really have to.

• Like 1

Is there an issue with the servers Wurm uses? I have played a few other MMOs, planetside 2, Eve online, GTA 5, even UO and I have never had a server that has as many issue as Wurm ( especially the Xanadu server) seems to have, I don't recall it being thisbad a year ago. Had there been an overall increase in the player count, or something else to point to as the cause, or are the servers just not up to the task?

Eve online

Haha no. Wurm has NOTHING on EVE lag. Reloading guns for 30 minutes? Jumping through gates for a hour? Loading grid for 2? That game's lag made me literally smash my keyboard and ragequit  :angry:

Edited by bdew

From what i can tell other than the mass amounts of land i am not sure that xanadu has that much to offer..no traders, the sell pool empty most of the time and how can we not mention the lag then top it all off with horrible travel times to get anyplace.  

I can see a lot of players migrating back to the smaller servers. 

Today's lag made me start scouting other servers for a place to settle.

From what i can tell other than the mass amounts of land i am not sure that xanadu has that much to offer..no traders, the sell pool empty most of the time and how can we not mention the lag then top it all off with horrible travel times to get anyplace.  

I can see a lot of players migrating back to the smaller servers. 

If you look at the recent map dumps it's plain to see the older servers are nothing more than dense urban sprawl. It's wall to wall deeds. Either littered with ruins or deeded end to end. Only place to stretch your feet is Xanadu, that's why most are here imo. I could never go back to the crowded older servers. And when I say crowded I don't mean population, I mean no room to settle. Seems most of the land is deeded but no one shows up.

Edited by Clatius

If you look at the recent map dumps it's plain to see the older servers are nothing more than dense urban sprawl. It's wall to wall deeds. Either littered with ruins or deeded end to end. Only place to stretch your feet is Xanadu, that's why most are here imo. I could never go back to the crowded older servers. And when I say crowded I don't mean population, I mean no room to settle. Seems most of the land is deeded but no one shows up.

I can understand i have deeds on Xanadu too but i find myself asking those questions a lot. I could and have lived with most of it but some days it makes me wonder why i am over here on Lagadu, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Really - what the hell is with the lag on xanadu. Last night was horrible and come in this morning and its worse. If the idea is to make it so bad that people leave so you can shut it down without having to do compensation, then its a new low for CC.

7 to 10 second lag  on stam refresh....seriously.......really...restart the server or something. Why do you let it run like this????

Edited by sunsvortex

Is it just me or is the lag in stamina regen getting worse? I returned from an extended break recently and I noticed a two or three second delay in my stamina regeneration. It was bearable. Today that time has doubled and I'm now waiting 6+ seconds in between actions.

Is this just a flare up?

Can I expect it to get worse or better in the near future?

Are the devs actively doing anything about it?

• Like 1

I think a server restart might help but who knows what is going on it is not like anyone from the office will ever acknowledge anything about the lag, lol

Hmm... I was afraid of that.

I guess just have to hope they decide to work on the lag after they are done with bridges...

Will be interesting to see how this already struggling server handles the implementation of bridges. lol

It not Just Stamina that is effected, crafting, and opening gates door or inventory.

It was bad last night and its nearly twice as bad this afternoon. What I cant comprehend is why they dont at least restart it or something. It makes no sense to let it run this way .....unless its running on a failover due to a server crash, or another part of the architecture is simply failing and turning it off might do more harm than good. Whatever the reason it really needs to be addressed....in the near term, not after bridges. HINT HINT HINT Rolf.