Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

sick-of-this-crap-xanadu-lag/

Im so fed up with the constant lag sessions on Xanadu. I am paying for premium on 3 toons and the service I am paying for is sub par.

The Devs think its funny, we even had a message pop up in green text on the event tab yesterday about a Lagomorphus beast, which I found insulting.

If there is no fix for this and this is the way its going to be, just say so Devs, I will go play something else even though that is not what I desire.

Edited by Bloodscythe
mod edit title for merged posts
  • Like 13

Yea im with u on this, aint gonna play atm, tired of massive lag every day..
Sometimes I still wonder if Xanadu should even had happened..

• Like 2

I believe those lags are related with something from the War Machines update as it was fine before.

Maybe it would be wise to disable it the time to find the origin of the problem. 

• Like 1

u are right Zetuka, wasnt there before last war machines update

This is starting to be customer service issue. What am I paying for now? This week, especially Easter break game is unplayable. Im off from this game unless my friends contact me that I can actually do something. Cmon. Im playing LOTRO with thousands of player with no lag what so ever. WURM got 360/800 players on-line and its unplayable?

I may come back someday but in meantime I will be argue my case to get refund for my premium I paid.

Actually, the lag has always been here... regardless of the war machine update.

Xanadu sees and extra 1-2 second delay on stam gain in comparison to other servers. It's the host's fault. Currently, the delay is peaking at 30 seconds to a minute, which wasn't typical up until a few days ago.

Prior to Hetzner, Indy had that 1-2 second stam lag for many years while operating under that Swedish host. Back then, that was the only server to have the problem (which was surprisingly corrected when Hetzner started hosting).

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 2

BTW Devs,, I don't give a crap about getting sleep bonus if that's what youre thinking, I have 20 sb powders still. I want to play the game I paid for!

Also, to all those who are saying, "Oh its been like this since war machines" or "Ya its been like this for a month" I will have to disagree,,,, Xanadu has been plagued with lag off and on since day one.

• Like 2

my premium runs out in 5 days....if there isnt something happening fast im gone

Xanadu sees and extra 1-2 second delay on stam gain in comparison to other servers. It's the host's fault. Currently, the delay is peaking at 30 seconds to a minute, which wasn't typical up until a few days ago.

Prior to Hetzner, Indy had that 1-2 second stam lag for many years while operating under that Swedish host. Back then, that was the only server to have the problem (which was surprisingly corrected when Hetzner started hosting).

If this is true, that's its a host problem,,, then get another host or just tell us to deal with it. How many friggen times are they going to switch hosts??

I can agree that there is some lag since day one but it always been playable, at the moment it is not payable.

Many of us who wanted to play a bit during easter have lost a big part of their freetime due to the lag.

If Xan is too big for the server hardware, then refund deed costs and make 2 smaller servers

• Like 5

If this is true, that's its a host problem,,, then get another host or just tell us to deal with it. How many friggen times are they going to switch hosts??

How many years are they going to take to develop promised features?

How many months/years go by that they let bugs remain in the game?

How many times has Rolf partnered with people (BLVD, that other illegal site) before doing his "proper homework" on them?

The longer you stay around Wurm, the less these things surprise you.

• Like 1

[08:38:34] Beware the Lagomorphs!!!

This is an Easter Holiday reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagomorpha

Lagomorph is the scientific term for bunny rabbit. Just wanting to clear that up because apparently it went over some heads and its upsetting some that it might be downplaying the lag issues some are experiencing.

• Like 9

This is getting pretty bad. If I had somewhere else to go game-wise, I probably would've just left after my first break. I came back because as an overall, this game is fun...but when I can't even play it because I can't even move a few steps due to the server having trouble even recognizing my location in the game...it's fast becoming something not worth the money paid in. Combine that with what I feel to be a corrupt group doing the moderation, and this game could quickly fall by the wayside easily...

• Like 1

[08:38:34] Beware the Lagomorphs!!!

This is an Easter Holiday reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagomorpha

Lagomorph is the scientific term for bunny rabbit. Just wanting to clear that up because apparently it went over some heads and its upsetting some that it might be downplaying the lag issues some are experiencing.

Well lets keep it not some All on xanadu :) But thanks for the page

might be related. mtr is showing 70% packet loss at the init7/hetzner interface from the UK

• Like 1

Simple answer - move to a smaller server? Give up on Xanadu...

• Like 4

so insted of locking us down... fix lag on xanadu .... will be welcome

Our server admins are looking into this problem and narrowing down the cause.

Once we know the cause we can fix it but until then we are trying our best!

Sorry for any inconvenience related to this.

• Like 13