Sign in to follow this  
huntgrem

Game won't start...

I am posting this in multiple places because I don't know where it goes and I really want to fix this.

I am having issues where I click the game icon to load and I get the Wurm splash screen and then it goes away and nothing happens.  I am not the only one in the house to have had this issue but the others reinstalled Java and it fixed.

I was on the game just fine all day yesterday and I logged off to have dinner and when I came back it didn't work anymore.

I reinstalled Java and it still didn't work.  I asked for help and they told me to delete the code club certificate from Java, delete Java cache (where I deleted applications too) and delete the desktop icon (where I deleted all the Wurm files as well).  It still didn't work and I uninstalled and reinstalled Java in hopes to reset the certificate and settings.  The certificate was not there when I checked and this time the Java site could no longer verify my installation.  I tried Wurm again, just in case, no luck.  So, I reinstalled Java and deleted anything Java related and restarted my computer (which I did after each uninstall but didn't mention).  I reinstalled Java and it still can't verify so I turned off all certificate verification and enabled all jnlp files.  Now the program can verity but I still can't get on Wurm.  I am unable to reduce the security settings at all so that isn't helpful.

I am running windows 7 64-bit (but when I had the 64-bit java it gave me an incompatibility error so I switched back to the normal one) and I have Java 8 update 45.

I really would love for my game to work because I just bought a new deed yesterday, plus I enjoy playing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Install Java 8 upd 45, 32 and 64 bits. 

Other thing, have you tried reinstalling wurm?

Otherwise download it from www.wurmonline.com again and play it as a .jar document.

If it still doesnt work maybe something at your computer is giving a error which you dont see.

If you got other questions please pm me ingame on Stonecutter or on forums through stonecutter1995 :).

Edited by stonecutter1995

Does Wurm Online run for you by going to the www.wurmonline.com webpage and clicking on Run there? (instead of from the icon on your computer)