Sign in to follow this  
huntgrem

Game won't start...

I am having issues where I click the game icon to load and I get the Wurm splash screen and then it goes away and nothing happens.  I am not the only one in the house to have this issue but the others just reinstalled Java and it fixed. 

I was on the game just fine all day yesterday and I logged off to have dinner and when I came back it didn't work anymore.

When I reinstalled Java and it still didn't work.  I "got help" and was told to delete the code club certificate from Java, delete Java cache (where I deleted applications too) and delete the desktop icon (where I deleted all the Wurm files as well) It still didn't work and I uninstalled and reinstalled to reset everything I did.  The certificate was not there when I checked and this time Java site couldn't verify my version of Java due to a certificate verification error.  I disable certificate verification and the Java site still would not verify, I still couldn't get wurm to load.  I reinstalled Java again and that certificate isn't back and the game won't load still.  I then enabled all jnlp files to run and turned off certificate verification.  Now the Java site will recognize the version installed but Wurm still won't run.  I am unable to reduce security settings at all.

I am running windows 7 64-bit and Java 8 update 45.

I really would love for my game to work, I just bought a new deed yesterday.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Is your java 64bit too?

When you go to the java site it most likely will suggest you use the 32bit because most browsers are only 32 bit but with wurm you need the 64bit java when you have the 64bit windows. The 64 bit will work fine on your browser so don't worry about that but you will have to manually download the 64 bit java and make sure to uninstall the old java before you install the new 64bit one. 

Here is the manual link for you to download and get the windows offline 64bit...

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I have both on my computer and it still isn't working.  I will say that the certificate was able to verify with the 64-bit on the Java site (setting everything back to default in the control panel).

Edited by huntgrem

Moved to Technical Issues.

Please post a copy of your console log after you try to log into the game.  It will help troubleshoot the issue.

Your log is found inside your wurm folder under the name console.playername

Here is something that worked for me in the past.  Go to the wiki, download the unstable client.  Move the file to your desktop, it should be a white icon with a little blue and red coffee cup logo on it.  Double click it and see if anything happens.  If it does an insta-crash on startup, you will get a little text file on your desktop.  You can copy and paste that log into the forum.  Do this from a clean boot.  Sometimes java clients will get hung up in the background and the only way you can see if it's running is through your task manager.

I hope that helps!

Dorian, I tried your suggestion and get the same results as the normal client.  Game won't start.  Ugh.

No error file because it isn't making it that far.

Edited by huntgrem

Are there any other Java-based games you have available to play that you can try out to make sure your Java installation is still okay?   That way you can rule that out as to why you're unable to even start Wurm Online now.