Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

when will us non pvp server plebians get masks?

I had thought they were in the update long ago? and then they appeared as pvp only rewards? is that wear it ends?

This could be something good to add to pottery maybe. 

It is a core principle in Wurm that us PvEers are only lowly onlookers that on rare occasions are allowed to bask in the radiant glory of the PvPers.

• Like 3

1. Pottery - good idea to add. Clay masks for looks, maybe dyeable.

2. Challenge was meant for all not "pvp people". As i do play on chaos my chances for the masks are as big as yours.

So in conclusion - Masks were available for all - if you didnt want to play challenge, ok, no one will force you, but don´t say it is pvp oriented item (like Hota statues for example). And Yes yes to clay masks.

• Like 1

2. Challenge was meant for all not "pvp people". As i do play on chaos my chances for the masks are as big as yours.

So in conclusion - Masks were available for all - if you didnt want to play challenge, ok, no one will force you, but don´t say it is pvp oriented item (like Hota statues for example). And Yes yes to clay masks.

i agree would be cool. maybe pottery +jewelry.

no offense meant with title just poking.

So Challenge wasn't PvP?  Geeeeez why did no one tell me 

• Like 2

I thought the plain white mask has been done for awhile and they where just holding it back so they have plenty of stuff for Wurm's next major release.

When will we get them? 

When we purchase them from PVP players, of course!

No different than Hota statues, custom banners and flags, additional  affinities (skill gain boosts), etc.

• Like 1

So Challenge wasn't PvP?  Geeeeez why did no one tell me 

No, it was a server where it was allowed to PvP, but not the same as PvP people like Chaos or Epic.

no offense meant with title just poking.

All good, just wanted to point out :)

When will we get them? 

When we purchase them from PVP players, of course!

No different than Hota statues, custom banners and flags, additional  affinities (skill gain boosts), etc.

No. There was just a handful won by some people from CHALLENGE - meaning they might be PvE or PvP players on Freedom. That doens´t make the PVP PLAYERS. And they are very different from the hota statues. Oh and i see more people from freedom coming to chaos to get affinities then chaos players using that mechanics.. go figure. But sure..

No. There was just a handful won by some people from CHALLENGE - meaning they might be PvE or PvP players on Freedom. That doens´t make the PVP PLAYERS. And they are very different from the hota statues. Oh and i see more people from freedom coming to chaos to get affinities then chaos players using that mechanics.. go figure. But sure..

Hey guy... you're not fooling me with your "pvp was offered on the server, it wasn't a pvp server" story.

If you can kill other players on the map, it's a pvp server. 

The freedom players (carebears as they're often refered to as) that played on Challenge dabbled in PVP and are also considered PVPers, albeit temporary or short term ones. The ones that stab eachother on Chaos for affinities are too.

Personally, I don't have any issue with the PVP playstyle or the people that enjoy it. I do have a problem with the fact that the development team around here builds/hypes up the PVP department with things that can and are used as cash cows, selling to others that opt out of said playstyle.

• Like 3

Hey guy... you're not fooling me with your "pvp was offered on the server, it wasn't a pvp server" story.

If you can kill other players on the map, it's a pvp server. 

The freedom players (carebears as they're often refered to as) that played on Challenge dabbled in PVP and are also considered PVPers, albeit temporary or short term ones. The ones that stab eachother on Chaos for affinities are too.

Personally, I don't have any issue with the PVP playstyle or the people that enjoy it. I do have a problem with the fact that the development team around here builds/hypes up the PVP department with things that can and are used as cash cows, selling to others that opt out of said playstyle.

what i was refering is that masks are nothing like Hota statutes and affinities have nothing to do with that also. Categorizing everyone who has gone to chaos as a pvper and saying that masks, Hota statues and affinites are cashcows for pvp players is a litte offensive. You can say that pvp-ers (chaos players/kingdoms) sell Hota statues but you cannot put them in the same cattle as people who sell affinities or those few people who won challenge and sell those masks/titles. And yes i am a pvp player meaning i do take offensive when telling i among many many chaos players who didnt play Challenge longer then a few hours are making money off masks and etc.

what i was refering is that masks are nothing like Hota statutes and affinities have nothing to do with that also. Categorizing everyone who has gone to chaos as a pvper and saying that masks, Hota statues and affinites are cashcows for pvp players is a litte offensive. You can say that pvp-ers (chaos players/kingdoms) sell Hota statues but you cannot put them in the same cattle as people who sell affinities or those few people who won challenge and sell those masks/titles. And yes i am a pvp player meaning i do take offensive when telling i among many many chaos players who didnt play Challenge longer then a few hours are making money off masks and etc.

I put HOTA sellers in the same exact boat as players that go to play Challenge for masks, but that's really besides the point.

Are the players to blame? No. They're using the tools/mechanics provided to them. It's the game's fault for designing cash cows. We all know why it is done here: Rolf loves his PVP and will go through extreme lengths to get people to play it in his game. That includes giving PVP players incentives over non pvpers. Sometimes those incentives are financially beneficial... like the ones I mentioned in my first post.

Making things equal would consist of something like:

- Allowing PVE cities to create their own custom kingdoms (therefore banners, flags, etc.)  with the cost of 1 gold and some other requirements, like needing 15 allied villages or so.

- Allowing PVE players to purchase random affinities using karma as the form of payment (something big, like 5k karma)

-  Making HOTA statues and masks as one of the grand prizes in their monthly PVE treasure chest hunts.

• Like 2

I would say something like 'what a bunch of babies' but that might be misconstrued as offensive. Get a grip kids. Not like someone stole something from you. Sheesh. Someone just wants a funky looking mask and it becomes a Big Deal. They're ugly and useless. Now if they had a Winnie the Pooh mask...

I would say something like 'what a bunch of babies' but that might be misconstrued as offensive. Get a grip kids. Not like someone stole something from you. Sheesh. Someone just wants a funky looking mask and it becomes a Big Deal. They're ugly and useless. Now if they had a Winnie the Pooh mask...

I am all for clay masks :) And even for iron or some other. Maybe possible to make a mask moul from clay and use different metals to make them.

The masks are creepy, I don't want one :blink:

Still waiting for shoulder stuff and capes.

Ugly - not for everyone, useless - sure, but game is not about usefulness only (if it was, we would never leave ASCII graphics era).

No, it was a server where it was allowed to PvP, but not the same as PvP people like Chaos or Epic.

2enoz8h.jpg

It is a core principle in Wurm that us PvEers are only lowly onlookers that on rare occasions are allowed to bask in the radiant glory of the PvPers.

Lowly onlookers should continue to watch from the sidelines and keep quiet as they don't have the right to speak.

• Like 1

I am speaking. See me speeeeeeaking. Speeeeaaaakiing. I am a lowly on looker SPEEEEEEAAAAAKING. I don't need no stinkin rights.  :P

I had thought they were in the update long ago? and then they appeared as pvp only rewards? is that wear it ends?

This could be something good to add to pottery maybe. 

should know by now that if you dont pvp you dont matter

Isn't it funny what your mind thinks your eyes sometimes see? For instance, when I first glanced at this thread title my mind saw something in the title that was NOT plebians. I am a sinful person and should be whipped.  ;)

Back on subject. Why not masks for all? Wulgarr's ideas have some merit.

One word: Bridges.

No one can have anything nice until bridges come out.

One of the people nearly won a mask on challenge round one without ever killing or dying in PvP. (didn't because he had some real life issues come up)

Can you guess who it was?

Not to mention there were three or four others that could have been achieved without ever participating too.

Edited by Propheteer

Oh, won't someone think of the poor, oppressed majority?

• Like 1