Sign in to follow this  
huntgrem

Game won't start...

My game was working fine and then all of a sudden when I click the shortcut icon it won't start the login screen.  It gave me a java certificate error and then wouldn't start at all after I reinstalled Java.  Nothing changed on my computer between the last time I played and the problem, other than I logged out to eat dinner.  

When I asked my sister for help she informed me this happened to her and her husband before.  She can't remember what they did to fix it.  Help please.

Griffith, I did that and now I don't even get the wurm splash screen.  I get the java splash and then it vanishes and nothing happens.

I went to the java site to verify my java was working right and I got a message that a certificate failed there.  I am unable to copy/paste the message.

Edited by huntgrem

this is the only thing else i can think of:

go to your java control panel and settings... uncheck 'Keep temporary internet files on my computer'. Apply changes and try again

this problem youre having happens to me like once a year, and doing what i told you fixes it for me.

anything beyond this is above my technical skills. if removing java internet fles ( not browser cookies )

doesnt fix it for you, maybe ask to have this thread moved to the help section, and someone with

more knowledge may be able to help you there.

good luck

edit: delete and uncheck

Edited by Griffith