Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Factional Fight Plays Wurm Online - Creating the First Labyrinth Building - May 5, 2015

Hey all! If you missed yesterday's live stream on Twitch, here it is.

This week, the Factional Fight Brothers are back at the Labyrinth, ready to construct the first of many buildings for the grand maze. Aside from the regular weekly banter, the brothers discuss a theft from the labyrinth deed and its wider ramifications to the Wurm Community as a whole.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvcbrpx_bYM

• Like 2

the way gms handle thing like thief is now very different than it was when you built puzzle years ago. but i think the hardest part of gms job its always been proving the intent to grief,and they may treat a known griever differently than someone who never grieved before.

also do we know what rolf is working on,  more and more changes to pvp

the thing about steam is,does wurm has enough gms to get lets say 10 times the number of support tickets from now on?

seems like most old gms retired and the staff keeps getting smaller,so harder to replace them.

Edited by Brynden

You guys are way too experienced to be leaving carts unlocked. I feel bad for you and I hope you get your stuff back.

Edited by Corwen

a reputation system like immortals were you can advetually become permanently kos  

Guess you gotta lock and wall everything in behind three layers, and point any new players you see to the nearest troll spawn... 

Which makes all the advertising Wurm as a "fun community game where we all work together!!" even more deceptive advertising.

listening to that faction play thing, and they seem to have the same mindset that most pve'rs do.

it seems to me that everybody thinks that once they goto a pvp server they get pwned faced every 5 seconds.

to be specific" well just go to chaos, we'll take care of it, we'll kill him over and over and over again."

I have no experience on chaos, but on epic I would say that some random dude stealing your stuff on either the home server or ele, would drum up some support(as long as your not a dope in securing your stuff in the first place, not talkin fort knox security but not having a single lock on anything is just dumb.)

again he states "what if I build my deed on chaos and somebody comes in and steals from me and I', like damn you and I try to kill him but he kills me, so I get friends and go after him but he has more friends etc."

it's been my experience on mainly epic home servers and elevation there really aint the thieves guild village, most peeps(Especially on home, not so much on ele.) have the same ideas and ethos for the major part as do their pve brothers.(they wanna advance their chars, advance their villages, advance their friendships and alliances) they like beautiful, elaborate deeds, and even more so with the idea of PVP security as the backbone of most if not all their village planning and development.  There are the occasional "A-Hole" but they get dealt with one time or another.  but in the same aspect if you join a pvp alliance and they are at war, death is highly likely.  it's the way of things.  but I also suspect that there are crafters and whatnot that want no part of PVP that lead a rather fulfilling gaming life in the pvp servers.

Bottom line, the game has limitations, the major crux(imho) of these complaints about this kinda playstyle(IE circumventing game rules via loopholes to piss peeps off and take their schuff) can be solved for the most part with joining a PVP server.

but that's just my 0.02$ worth

• Like 1