Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Do not deal with Ant

Ant has stolen 4 sets of nicely enchanted horse gear from my deed and is currently selling it on the WTS forum. I have still yet to figure out how they were taken.

I have discovered that Ant is either an alt of Bruhamoff's or is working with him. I know that other items on the same WTS ad has been stolen by Bruhamoff.

All I ask is to minimize the profit that this person gets at the expense of poisoning the Wurm community by skirting the rules and taking advantage of others. Any additional information that you may have is welcome as it will serve to corroborate evidence against him.

Thank you.

Griphyth

• Like 19

Actually I've got to say, that its NOT Bruhamoffs fault that he did it YET AGAIN. Its the fault of all the persons that have dealt with the past events that sloppy, that it was possible for him to steal again...and YES this goes out to the persons in charge (The Dev Team and the GM Team...but I guess they can't do anything about it that theyre not approved to by their superiors..so take that with some grain of salt) and everybody that has previously defended him ! You are the ones who has to take responsibility for yet another crime ! And if this posting has some kind of consequence for me personally then I can only say, so be it, cause I dont give a damn about it...all this just had to be said by someone finally !

Disdainfully Galadhel

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 1

Actually I've got to say, that its NOT Bruhamoffs fault that he did it YET AGAIN. Its the fault of all the persons that have dealt with the past events that sloppy, that it was possible for him to steal again...and YES this goes out to the persons in charge (The Dev Team and the GM Team...but I guess they can't do anything about it that theyre not approved to by their superiors..so take that with some grain of salt) and everybody that has previously defended him ! You are the ones who has to take responsibility for yet another crime ! And if this posting has some kind of consequence for me personally then I can only say, so be it, cause I dont give a damn about it...all this just had to be said by someone finally !

Disdainfully Galadhel

He made the concious decision to steal those items, instead of being a good summeritan and saying "hey, you should secure those items better." So you are definitely wrong on that front, it is his fault.

• Like 7

Could someone clue us regular people in on what went on here? Did he steal from village members or something?

he somehow took horses off a wagon that was fully geared and took them off deed, and now selling them in the forums. from what I understand

If he did that, why isn't he banned? That should be very easy for a GM to detect from local event logs.

• Like 1

not easy for gm's  I had 12 gnomes stolen once. they came and tried to track them. but in the end found nothing.    not easy to trace items as code,  we only know as the selling post shows what was taken and all around the exact qls ect  I guess too.   i'm sure he would never accuse someone without being sure of it.

maybe it was during one of the events..I noticed he was grouped up with the party that killed the recent dragon. Maybe the party deal was the key he needed as "friend or party"?

He made the concious decision to steal those items, instead of being a good summeritan and saying "hey, you should secure those items better." So you are definitely wrong on that front, it is his fault.

Did you watch their stream ? If not you pretty much dont know what youre talking about at all.

The staff let it happen in the past and they will let it happen in the future...over and over and over again. That's what I've predicted a few weeks ago (as there was good evidence and proof from my experience with Bruhamoff in the past ) and lo' and behold....they let it happen yet again (whatr a surprise!)...and thats how its going to happen again. If you let someone do something bad and you wo not do anything about it even if you could, then you're as guilty as that very person. Period.

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 1

I haven't watched this thread very closely but regardless... no matter what is in the stream... or the details...

Stealing is stealing... it's not like he accidentally took the items... as Shrimpiie said... it takes a conscious decision...

It's one thing if someone picks something up thinking it is left behind, lost, whatever... but let's face it... any of us might do that but as soon as it was mentioned the items would be returned immediately... not kept once it was talked about.

Edited by Kyleshandra
  • Like 1

Well now i really want to see this weeks video if they talk about it in there. Lets hope it gets uploaded to YouTube soon, lol

I haven't watched this thread very closely but regardless... no matter what is in the stream... or the details...

Stealing is stealing... it's not like he accidentally took the items... as Shrimpiie said... it takes a conscious decision...

It's one thing if someone picks something up thinking it is left behind, lost, whatever... but let's face it... any of us might do that but as soon as it was mentioned the items would be returned immediately... not kept once it was talked about.

Yeah, it takes a concious decision....but it also takes a concious decision to let him get away with it for the 3rd time. And then there will be a fourth time and a fifth....how many times will he be allowed to spread grief amongst the honest player base ? Allowing him to do whatever he wants to do is the same as doing it yourself...and THATS a concious decision in my book as well.

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 3

If you let someone do something bad and you wo not do anything about it even if you could, then you're as guilty as that very person. Period.

Not period. In fact, that's some silly ass logic. If things worked like that, innocent survivors of school shootings would be considered murderers.

No need to blame the team, they do their job and i'm sure they'll look into this situation too. There's a bittersweet thing about all of this (just like in real life), the more a player gains infractions from the team and the longer the "wrap sheet" gets, the more reason and right the team has to ban said player. 

• Like 1

Not period. In fact, that's some silly ass logic. If things worked like that, innocent survivors of school shootings would be considered murderers.

"the team" wouldnt risk their lives if they did something about it, right ? So that example/analogy might be a bit over the top.

What if the police got some theft report about the same person for the second time...and they even proved that that particular person violated the law...and yet they would do nothing (but return the stolen items to the owner) and nothing else but that? Would you approve of that as well ?

And of course you would only have to intervene in a way, that wouldnt cause any harm to yourself. (try to apply that to the GMs-doing...takes some common sense though)

To get back to your analogy....an adequate action would be to CALL the police if your save from the person shooting at other people. If you would'nt do that ( if theres a telephone available...somehow I feel the need to explicitely mention that) just because you dont like or want to you'd be guilty yourself.

See someone lying bleeding on the floor and move on just because it was the "concios" decision of somebody else to harm that person...yeah seems like a perfectly "logic" thing to do...well to you anyway

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 1

maybe it was during one of the events..I noticed he was grouped up with the party that killed the recent dragon. Maybe the party deal was the key he needed as "friend or party"?

This is possible. I was present at the first dragon slaying attempt, and Bru was asking around who was willing to add him to his friends list. It may be incidental, but maybe not.

On a related note, I can't wait for the permissions overhaul that's supposedly in the works. I keep my friends list very small for this reason.

• Like 4

What if the police got some theft report about the same person for the second time...and they even proved that that particular person violated the law...and yet they would do nothing (but return the stolen items to the owner) and nothing else but that? Would you approve of that as well ?

What if the police punished that person for the first law breaking and need to gather evidence for subsequent events? the fact that it happened again is the fault of the police?

There's also a difference between a theft report and a conviction for law breaking.

• Like 1

On a related note, I can't wait for the permissions overhaul that's supposedly in the works. I keep my friends list very small for this reason.

LIkewise, and it's why I'm not in any alliances.

wow, this bad.... expect more of this to happen   IF wurm ever goes steam and they are allowed on the regular servers from start..

But thanks for the info, another person on the list. I hope this gets resolved asap.. good luck to you guys.

.. why everything is on my alt's name, and she has only the most trusted friends added.

• Like 3

"the team" wouldnt risk their lives if they did something about it, right ? So that example/analogy might be a bit over the top.

That's not the point, you're now taking specifics of the example and comparing them to the situation. My example was solely used to prove how asinine your original comment was:

"If you let someone do something bad and you wo not do anything about it even if you could, then you're as guilty as that very person. Period."

I could have used plenty of other examples to show how wrong the above mindframe is, but I thought that the school shooting one would clearly explain it.

As for the rest of your nonsense comparison: Just like in real life, criminals around here aren't sentenced to death (banned) for minor infractions. Theft is considered a minor infraction on PVE, not something you can be permabanned for immediately. On the other side of things, macroing is a major infraction, which can result in an immediate ban upon first incident, to the offending player and any characters associated with it.

You mention calling the police. The team is the "police". I am willing to bet 100s that Griphyth has filed a /support and that this thread is just a warning for the rest of the playerbase. So, as far as calling the cops, it's been done. I still don't understand how you assessed that I wouldn't call the cops if I saw a bleeding person on the ground, though...