Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

weapon and others enchant decay

I red some topics there, where ppl speculate about market enchant overflood. Specially weapon market with high enchants grow and there is no natural mechanism to reduce numbers of top enchants. Maybe its old theme this, but in my opinions actual and need to rebuild. so I vote for decay all enchant naturally.

I believe Rolf has mentioned they're supposed to decay (in one of the public Q&A sessions on IRC), but it's not been considered a high priority bug to track down.

• Like 1

id probably quit if weapon enchants decayed.

theres only so much silver i want to spend on a game. 

also items can only be mailed a limited amount of times afaik,

not to mention finding someone trustworthy to deal with.

• Like 2

Another thought to consider...

While in inventory, not many items decay, so why would enchants? If the item is placed somewhere in which it will take decay ticks, then it will eventually poof anyway thus the enchant will be gone.  :)

• Like 1

They do decay but extremely slow compared to other enchanted items. I have a maul that I have been using for more than 2 years and every enchant on it has lost 1 power.

Edited by Justamayor

-1, the game doesn't need to be made more annoying

• Like 1

-4000, enough tedium and paying for the same thing over and over.

-1 They already decay enough with use. 

More or less everything decays enough already, if more and more expenses will be added, eventually only  Bill Gates would afford to play the game.

Did I say -1? because if I haven't yet, then -1

• Like 1

I think priests make enough money being able to enchant tools, weapons, armor AND shields. 

my ws side says hell no..my vyn priest side says $$$$

-1    Stop trying to balance the game around the Freedom economy.

Also, they do decay, but only on actions that have timers (ie. special moves, shield bashing, cutting trees with swords/axes, etc.).

Also, they do decay, but only on actions that have timers (ie. special moves, shield bashing, cutting trees with swords/axes, etc.).

Freedom economy wouldn't benefit end of the day, selling accounts is what keeps it dead end of the day, at least until the playerbase doubles or triples *properly*.

-1 that said.  You'd just get people fishing more for meat =P

Once you were able to sell items from chaos casted by champs you became Freedom and part of its economy.

Once you were able to sell items from chaos casted by champs you became Freedom and part of its economy.

Cool, except:

1. There is an entire second cluster called Epic where some people enjoy playing without stupid ideas that make the game more tedious and boring for no reason at all, and

2. The game still shouldn't be balanced around any server's or cluster's economy because it is not a feature of the game.

So I amend and reiterate: do not balance the game around any server's economy. 

Well its a brave idea and I can see why a lot of people -1ed it.

I'd really rather not have to pay more than once for COCed tools, but then I realise that I do pay more than once for QL70 tools (re-imping). 

Well lets put it this way, it'd be on par with leather belts decaying.  If re-imping a leather belt had a chance to destroy the leather belt and required an insane amount of expensive grinding so that only a few people can manage it..

Yes, priests could use a break, but this seems more likely to devalue enchants more than it would increase their value.

The freedom economy is in the toilet because ANYONE can become a self sufficient all-provider, the only jobs people want doing are either soul destroyingly dull (extra wurm attrition) or require insanely light skills.  You're only going to see the freedom economy improve when players either become more limited via their skills, or useful unique local resources become a thing.

Some things don't need changing, especially considering we have a collection of quality of life changes going on... having to top off FOUR enchants often? No way

• Like 2