Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Beware of business with Jackbeau

This post is a small rant, as well as a bit of awareness about a business that conducts a shady practice concerning the once CA, but now not, PrettyKG, as most will know him, or Jackbeau on the forums here. With that, I'll begin.

For the past while or so now I've been selling tools and weapons through mail, I've been doing this through the coziness of my own deed along with a 70 courier casted mailbox, which until now, was a luxury. As demand grew for certain items and the more I began selling I grew a bit tired of having my customers sit and wait for a long 30 minutes just so their item could arrive, so I wrote up a post (Not on the forums, on Deli freedom chat) looking for a priest to cast me a 90 courier.

[12:16:35] <Prettykg> hi

[12:16:44] <Genocide> heya

[12:16:46] <Prettykg> courier cast? where about?

[12:16:56] <Genocide> How much?

[12:16:59] <Genocide> And my place

Now I hadn't thought much about it, given I had been warned previous about the business with Jack, though it sounded more convenient to me as he lived just down the road (Within local range if I was to walk some 20 tiles down from my place.) and when he messaged me after noticing my post about it, well, I didn't turn it down, I decided to give him a benefit of the doubt and ignore the warnings I had from other players. This however was a mistake on my part.

[12:17:42] <Prettykg> you got fo altar and sacc mat?

[12:19:16] <Genocide> I have an altar, no sacc mats I don't think

[12:19:20] <Genocide> What do you need

[12:19:29] <Genocide> Oh fo

[12:19:33] <Prettykg> locks, cord ropes, etc

[12:19:37] <Genocide> Nope

[12:19:46] <Genocide> Dont have any priests sooo

[12:20:07] <Prettykg> i'd charge you only 1s for 1 hr of muliple cast if you had sac mat

[12:22:44] <Genocide> how much without?

[12:23:14] <Prettykg> or gamble...1s for few tries and 3s if i get 90+

We talked about various different methods while discussing payment, he offered a fair price of 1s for a gamble,1s for 1 hour of multiple casts if I had the sacc mats (Didn't have the mats), 3s if he was to get a successful 90 cast. Now this in itself sounded fishy, if I'm paying 3s for the 90 cast, what's the point of paying for the initial 1s? If it's a gamble, then why am I losing at his expense? I didn't think much about it, but I stated I'd go with the 1s gamble.

[12:31:39] <Genocide> I suppose we'll gamble

[12:31:43] <Genocide> 1s to see

[12:32:04] <Prettykg> keep shopping around. i gtg in 5 mins.

[09:04:24] <Prettykg> wait 1. Fo needs sqr cloth for dbl favors...

[09:05:33] <Prettykg> k, got enough sqr for 4-5 cast...omw

Now, fast forward to about an hour ago, I messaged him and asked if he was still up for it and he came on by. I showed him to the mailbox and the Fo altar, and he continued with 4-5 casts, as I expected for a 1s gamble. Then he continued on with about 4-5 more casts, and he kept continuing. It wasn't until I looked at local chat that I began to get a bit fishy, but I shrugged it off as I assumed he we just going ahead for courtesy of business.

[09:30:54] <Jackbeauv> only sac'n 5 sqr per and few prayers, good for 9-10 tries

[09:32:01] <Jackbeauv> would have to sac 7-8 if no cooldown

[09:44:20] <Genocide> How's it looking?

[09:44:50] <Jackbeauv> frowns

[09:44:56] <Jackbeauv> 16 sqr left

[09:45:19] <Jackbeauv> 4-5 more ties

[09:46:06] <Jackbeauv> *tries

And about 10 minutes later,

[09:58:34] <Jackbeauv> after like 10 tries....[09:58:21] You succeed in summoning more spirits into the Courier.

[09:58:42] <Jackbeauv> wonder how high...

[09:58:51] <Genocide> [09:58:47] Courier has been cast on it, so it seems to be possessed by something. [94]

[09:58:53] <Genocide> \o/

[09:58:57] <Jackbeauv> pay up dude...

So I got the silver out, and decided to tip him a good 20c just for the courtesy, slid the coins into the trade window and right as I looked into the local chat I read..

[09:59:22] <Jackbeauv> had enough sqr for 2 more tries

[09:59:38] <Jackbeauv> 3s

[09:59:46] <Genocide> Uhh.. Ok

[10:00:00] <Jackbeauv> 1s just to come and 3s if 90+

[10:00:15] <Jackbeauv> 94 qualifies as 3s

He charged me a hidden fee of 1s just to walk some 150+ tiles down the road with an alt to cast 50c worth of favor onto a mailbox, overcharged me on the original 1s gamble of 4-5 tries to the point where I'd be better off spending that 3s on a 90+ CoC cast for a tool. And to think I was giving the courtesy of tipping him for the walk, he charges me the 1s travel price (Which as I mentioned, wasn't discussed ANYWHERE.), literally almost the same price people tax for travelling to other islands, when my place is just down the road from his.

So after all that, I humored him, gave him the money, and didn't give a single fair goodbye before eventually going on a bit rant in village chat, was asked why I even bothered doing business by a few alliance members, to which an answer I've yet to come with save for the convenience of it, leaving me feeling a bit scammed out of my money for ignoring those warnings and stories I had heard.

So I urge anyone who may be interested in business with this individual on Deliverance, I'd have you take the stories into consideration, whether it's the most common one about overcharging or the now proven hidden fees rumor, think twice before you do, there are plenty of other honest individuals on the server to do business with, as he has proven himself now dishonest in that regard.

I have bought multiple things from prettkg, guy sells good and is a trusty seller.

Although am confused a bit, did you finally give him 3 silver or 4 silver? (Total payment?)

In b4 the Lock

Seems your experience was much like going to buy a car, with the hidden fees and all.

I have bought multiple things from prettkg, guy sells good and is a trusty seller.

Although am confused a bit, did you finally give him 3 silver or 4 silver? (Total payment?)

I was originally going to give him 1s 20c, 20c tip for walking down. Then gave him 3s, not sure if he wanted 4s since he wasn't being clear if it was 3s after travel fee or not. Either way I wasn't happy.

I did get paid 3s total from Genocide as agreed. (not more as some may read)

I err in doing business with this fellow. I thought he was after a 90+ cast. Which i cleary stated that if 90+ if would be 3s. i brought 50 sqr cloth and gave me more tries than i thought.

I think 3s for 94 courier cast is fair.

you guys decide...

I was originally going to give him 1s 20c, 20c tip for walking down. Then gave him 3s, not sure if he wanted 4s since he wasn't being clear if it was 3s after travel fee or not. Either way I wasn't happy.

So you gave him 3 silver only?

Geno people make mistakes, he might have said something wrong in hassle, but ultimately he took only 3 silver and no more than that right?

I think it is just a miscommunication he was going to charge you 1s for a general cast then 3s if he got a 90+ on it.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I did get paid 3s total from Genocide as agreed. (not more as some may read)

I err in doing business with this fellow. I thought he was after a 90+ cast. Which i cleary stated that if 90+ if would be 3s. i brought 50 sqr cloth and gave me more tries than i thought.

I think 3s for 94 courier cast is fair.

you guys decide...

250 favor, 1k favor costs around 2s.

I agreed on a gamble, a gamble of 4-5 tries, not a gamble and then a "successful-cast" tax

I think it is just a miscommunication.  He was going to charge you 1s for a general cast then 3s if he got a 90+ meaning 4s for the 90+ cast. 

As the OP states, it was 1s for a gamble of 4-5, 1s if I had mats, or 3s for a 90. I paid for the gamble.

Edited by Huntar

But it only cost you 3 silver ultimately! :P
Forget what he said or what anyone said, 3 silver for 90 cast just like his normal pricing said.
I don't know is the cast worth 3 silver or not caus i dont do that business, but i will buy a cast from him lol caus i bought a new deed (need 90+ cast).
Am not gonna discuss pricing details here, but it feels bad to see someone trying to ruin a good seller's reputation, and thats why am posting here.

Edited by Hashirama

I have to agree 3s for a 90+ cast is a fair deal but i can see both sides too. (either way you got your moneys worth..imo) 

It was clearly stated that it would cost you 3s if he got a 90+ cast, so i don't think this is a valid complaint.  I think I wouldn't of agreed to it if I didn't want to take the risk of paying 3s for it..  Its like playing black jack placing your bet, and then the dealer gets 21 and says you own me 3 times what you bet.  pay up!

But it only cost you 3 silver ultimately! :P

Forget what he said or what anyone said, 3 silver for 90 cast just like his normal pricing said.

I don't know is the cast worth 3 silver or not caus i dont do that business, but i will buy a cast from him lol caus i bought a new deed (need 90+ cast).

Am not gonna discuss pricing details here, but it feels bad to see someone trying to ruin a good seller's reputation, and thats why am posting here.

Silver is silver, I got something I wasn't interested in paying for, and I had to pay for it whether I liked it or not.

It's like going to the store and buying something but the cashier gives you something else and says you have to buy that instead.

Edited by Huntar

Where communication went wrong is that he went past the 4-5 casts of a "gamble" and pushed 5 more to a 94 enchant.

Mistake both made was not defining how many casts a "gamble" is compared to just charging 3 silver for the insistent push to 90+.

In all fairness jack, your explanation of prices did give me a minor headache =P

That said, 3s for a 94 enchant on a mailbox is a fair price.

You both need to speak more clearly next time....

Seller: "1s for a gamble which is about 5 (or 10?) tries, 3s if the gamble scores over 90.  Or just pay <x> silver and i'll sit there 'til I pass 90 no matter how long it takes".  

Buyer: "Stop at gamble no matter what happens /// keep casting i'll pay <x>" then the classic back and forth negotiation if initial offers aren't agreeable.

My 2 irons.

• Like 5

Oh trust me, when I buy enchants on my weapons (seryll weapons and stuff) I get told everytime (pricing depends on cast) 
So yeah with spells we never know for sure what cast will be landed. Isn't this the basic of buying enchants? like the very very basic thing?

You cant ask a 87 power cast, he did tell you before hand that if cast landed 90, you would have to pay 3 silver.

Edited by Hashirama

did i read this because you lost  1s extra?

I'm with Mordraug, however fix a price for an action and then discuss the next steps afterwards.  Lots of real life situations can relate to this.

Oh trust me, when I buy enchants on my weapons (seryll weapons and stuff) I get told everytime (pricing depends on cast) 

So yeah with spells we never know for sure what cast will be landed. Isn't this the basic of buying enchants? like the very very basic thing?

Though he went over the initial casting tries, from 4-5 (What I was paying for) to 10, when I wasn't paying for that, and gave no clarity on the situation whether it was courtesy or not. I didn't ask for more casts, if he was willing to do it for free, sure, but he never asked me if it was what I wanted from his business.

And then he charged me more for walking down to my deed.

Edited by Huntar

geno, once you made a deal with my bro (gaul on forums), you were discussing with him the price for something you were selling to him. And mid way in the discussion you cod'ed the item to him with your pricing(while he was trying to bargain with you to drop your price a little bit). and you cod'ed without his confirmation.

And this topic over here, 2 instances of you having a communication error.....

Later my bro returned the items and since then neither him or me has bought anything from you.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

These kind of communication errors happen in wurm, doesn't mean anyone is bad or anything, and certainly not a reason to start a topic about "shady practices, this that"

close this thread geno.

Edited by Hashirama

geno, once you made a deal with my bro (gaul on forums), you were discussing with him the price for something you were selling to him. And mid way in the discussion you cod'ed the item to him with your pricing(while he was trying to bargain with you to drop your price a little bit). and you cod'ed without his confirmation.

And this topic over here, 2 instances of you having a communication error.....

Later my bro returned the items and since then neither him or me has bought anything from you.

[08:02:11] <Gau> shovel 82 ql woa 89
[08:02:45] <Genocide> Offer?
[08:02:55] <Gau> 1.5s
[08:03:38] <Genocide> 1.8s for CoD?
[08:09:16] <Genocide> 1.5s if you come and pick it up
[08:09:36] <Gau> cod if possible
[08:09:45] <Genocide> 1.8s then
[08:09:59] <Genocide> I'm being given the price of 2s but I'm lowering it to 1.8
[08:10:16] <Gau> so if i waste my time i get it for 1.5s
[08:10:29] <Genocide> Yes.
[08:10:30] <Gau> what logic is that
[08:10:43] <Gau> cod u dont have to deliver
[08:11:13] <Gau> nvm
[08:11:17] <Gau> leave it
[08:11:18] <Genocide> err
[08:11:21] <Genocide> I just sent it
[08:11:24] <Genocide> :|

Try not to get off-topic please.

Neither of you bought anything from me because I blocked him immediately after.
Edited by Huntar

If people try to charge you more than agreed.... don't pay!

The only thing they can do is try to raise up a stink about it in chat/forum and in that case you (hopefully) have the logs to prove your side.

he was saying that if you cod'ed it should be 1.6 silver, not 1.8 silve as you were asking. And it was one complete sentence "what logic is that cod you dont have to deliver" without confirmation you cod'ed the item. You live on a fast track? Another communcation error in a deal which involes you mate. Did I make a post for you regarding that? No.

And please mention the chat logs after that. In which my bro asked you and you did not reply at all.

My old laptop is broken, so i dont have those chat logs.

Edited by Hashirama

he was saying that if you cod'ed it should be 1.6 silver, not 1.8 silve as you were asking. And it was one complete sentence "what logic is that cod you dont have to deliver" without confirmation you cod'ed the item. You live on a fast track? Another communcation error in a deal which involes you mate. Did I make a post for you regarding that? No.

CoD after he asked for CoD. Then he complained about the lower price, no mention of 1.6s anywhere. He tried to buy a vambrace beforehand but he didn't like my price so I didn't sell him that.

LOL

Genocide

Small communication errors happen in wurm and real life. 

Does not mean we make post of people and target them.

Or IRL we divorce them. We Simpy have affairs and deal with it.

• Like 1

LOL

Genocide

Small communication errors happen in wurm and real life. 

Does not mean we make post of people and target them.

Or IRL we divorce them. We Simpy have affairs and deal with it.

He complained right after I hit send, take it to PMs, this doesn't concern the thread Hash.