Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Quality of Life - A compilation of quicker implementations.

A big +1 on the OP suggestions regarding ships and speeds.

* Allow all altars to be rotated/push/pulled. 
* Allow the small, medium and large area rugs to be placed in cart and boat inventories. (What, the carpet can't be rolled into a cylinder that's smaller than a log?)
* Allow wooden beams to be stored in a bsb.
* Remove the timer for sell action, making it instantaneous. Since we're capped at how much coin we can receive per hour, the timesink is unnecessary. 
* Fix water enchants so that woa and coc properly work when tempering a smithed item. (And, no, woa on the item itself isn't a workaround. I am not looking to put a free/temporary cast of woa on a customer's tool that they are having me improve).
* Since non-premium players are allowed to create/maintain deeds, remove the limitation of not being able to pass an existing deed to a non-premium. It's unnecessary.
* Make "pets>stay online" the default option.
* Allow players to untame an animal tamed to them.
* If a character is not targeting a creature, the character's weapon(s) should be sheathed/invisible (instead of flailing around in front of your face).
* Relax certain item spacing limitations (i.e. allow 2 beds per tile, allow 4 pillars per tile).
* Further branching out on the previous suggestion, greatly reduce the space needed between guard towers on PVE. 25 tiles would be fair. Since there is no kingdom influence to sway, the towers are nothing more than eye candy with slight functionality on PVE. There's no harm in them being closer together (as we've already seen from GM created locations), only more freedom for the players in a creation and design aspect.
* Allow meals to be renamed (again).
* Create a command (like /coins) to report the coin total of the player's bank through an event message.

Give me a few more hours to think about it, I will come up with more.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 4

We could just do away with that silly, silly, silly light breeze.

• Like 1

* Make "pets>stay online" the default option.

I have to show support on keeping stay offline the default option, especially considering you can lead/ride tamed "offline" horses if they are left online

Shift + enter helps a bit, but on a laggy server like xanadu, it is horribly slow, buggy and frustrating. Please add "eliminate quantity limits when dragging between bulk type containers".

For sailing, I would rather see a deep water/trade winds 2x or 3x boost to speeds, than rare/QL and other speed boosts. Going slower along shore lines and in canals would be safer. I like wind variations. Feels more immersive. Also, big yes to lowering sails to go really slow.

I have to show support on keeping stay offline the default option, especially considering you can lead/ride tamed "offline" horses if they are left online

Perhaps I should have stipulated that I had PVE in mind when making these suggestions.

On PVE, we don't have those worries. The problem on PVE with a pet going offline with you is that if by some chance, you have to take an extended leave, you'll log back in to a dead pet (because they don't feed themselves while offline). Easier to just flip the default the other way, but if the code cannot be split for whatever reason, the next best suggestion/solution is to freeze fat layers/hunger values when the pet goes offline.

Edited by As_I_Decay

It would appear that most of the OP's suggestions revolve around a player who is a seller of goods. It would have little impact on most players. Something that they should have included is moving bulk items from crates/bsb to other locations. It's silly how you can only move as much as you can carry from a crate/bsb when it's entirely possible to move an entire stack of unlimited quantity from a pile to any container limited only by the receiving containers current capacity. This would not only benefit sellers but everyone else as well.

Quality of life. I get a good laugh when I see this thrown about in a mmo.  :lol:

UI / Basic mechanics.

Number of selected items in the hover text when you have selected part of a group. This is an example http://i.imgur.com/4TCJC34.png

Sorry but I can not reproduce this one (UI #3) What skin is being used? Any specific setting?

Perhaps I should have stipulated that I had PVE in mind when making these suggestions.

On PVE, we don't have those worries. The problem on PVE with a pet going offline with you is that if by some chance, you have to take an extended leave, you'll log back in to a dead pet (because they don't feed themselves while offline). Easier to just flip the default the other way, but if the code cannot be split for whatever reason, the next best suggestion/solution is to freeze fat layers/hunger values when the pet goes offline.

Eh?  I portal from desertion to elevation often, and leave my horse on desertion on pavement logged off for even a week at a time and portal back and it doesn't want to eat.  Only time I've ever lost an offline horse was due to portal bugs eating them

Sorry but I can not reproduce this one (UI #3) What skin is being used? Any specific setting?

This is classic light, but works like that on any skin. It's a satchel (not just a pile of items) that's in my inventory, on which I did "open" (by keybind or rightclick menu) to open it in a new window.

In these container windows items aren't stacked like they would in a pile of items on the ground, and don't show the selected count.

I'll add it, but I'd like your input on the limitations of this suggestion first; I.E. only being able to tow two magnitudes smaller boats at  30% speed loss, or something similar.

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a few days.

• Maybe speed would be affected by the difference between boats on a scale (10% speed penalty to tow a boat 2 sizes smaller, 25% for 1 size smaller, 33% for same size, 50% for 1 size larger, 2+ sizes larger cannot be towed).  

Probably should have to have Mount rights to both boats. 

The boat being towed should be empty or contain under some X amount of weight.

1. get rid of decay in inventory.

2. fix bugged missions, like tree cutting, and remove missions that are stupid, like build

4 caravels, etc

3. make enchanted grass permanent

4. stop animal ai from fleeing from you, it used to be like that

5. decrease decay of shields

6. allow removal and planting of resource tiles like peat and clay.

its already doable with moss

can add more but you get the point

• Like 1

I don't know how quick this would be but there seems to be a HUGE gap in permissions where if an unfinished item is accessible there is no deed setting to prevent anyone walking up to it and attaching parts.  I built a U shaped building to replace my existing boathouse and tested it with an alt that has no permissions to anything and she was able to attach pegs, so now that building is basically just decorative.

But hey, I can make sure she can't FISH on my deed  :rolleyes:

bump and a new thing:

znlx7fJ.png

See how much screen real estate is wasted? I've got 30 toons on my list, I could sure use a find/filter, like the one in recipes list. Or, simply shortcut buttons for last 3 used toons. Or maybe just switch the dropdown list for some select widget that is always extended. The current thing is basically the worst UI there could be.

Also it does two things - selecting the toon, and adding a new toon. NO! BAD DESIGNER! NO! Use separate things instead.

Edited by asdf

big big BIG +1 from me!

and please oh pretty please fix the open and pickup distance on boats

Nearly all the suggestions are server side, but on the client side (on next client release) it will start showing how many items you have selected in an inventory container and there will be a key bind for DROP_AS_PILE. Other useful binds are being looked at too

• Like 5

Not much work, I guess these "only" need a graphic-change and some coding to allow more or other items to be added:

* Smelting Furnace: Your own suggestion ;) ( http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93961-smelting-furnace/ )

* Fish Smoking hut and storage: Would only need fish to be turned into smoked fish by putting it in a smoke hut, and then allow it to be stored in a foodbin

2 little (I hope) additions that would improve life in wurm  bit :)

If 6 is the select bar button for "disembark" then 6 should also mean "embark" AND NOT (*$&@#$ UNHITCH FFS

bump

seeing how many "the UI sucks" reviews are there on steam, i have one thing to say:

get a clue devs

Loadable Altars that currently can't be moved.

Allow Buildings to hold their own domain, IE: completed house, not just started, or plan of house, but must have 4 complete walls, to hold it's own domain.  Same rules apply highest level altar dominates the domain.  This would allow the 'no more guessing where the altar is' in a given area and each deed can now then be able to create it's own 'prayer' rooms or 'casting rooms' for specific priests instead of fighting with neighbors on what domain they want their area in.