Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

3 Champs for all kingdoms

A week ago we killed Nicrolis, 4 seconds later Daolin champed up.

Today BL killed their own champ Rasu, 8 seconds later Issle champed up.

I can't see how this is fair. How many more Black Legion champs have to die before we get our first Libila champ?

• Like 4

I can't see how this is fair. How many more Black Legion champs have to die before we get our first Libila champ?

Sounds like an exploit, we should have them all banned. ;)

Jokes aside, the last PvP changes contained this specific line that reads as such: 

• Champions are now limited to 3 per kingdom.

(http://www.wurmonline.com/2015/04/30/artifact-balancing/)

We (Ebonarua) still effectively have 0 Champ slots and are unable to obtain any.

I was quite happy when I read that patch and was later disappointed.

As for the "Anyone can start a PMK" argument. Who cares? Let them pay for 25 premium accounts to start a kingdom and pay the 1 gold it costs. If they want to go through all of that trouble just to be a champ for 6 months, then let them. Not seeing the problem there. If they die 3x, they lose it. All of the same rules still apply. Not sure how this could be abused.

Kingdom A and B attack Kindom C. Happens already. :P

Hope to get some eyes on this.

• Like 1

But, Black Legion members are followers/priests of Libila....

Seemed pretty planned.. :P

lfq6aV3.png

[17:03:13] Rasu slain by Kingen Hisoka Captainblack Zerocool Nicrolis Daolin Tiu Spoonerism Marienara Bloodscythe Jibberish 

Edited by Trance104

Nicrolis wanted to go out fighting, so he went up to you guys.

We would have been stupid not to have someone lined up and ready, considering we're forced to share slots. 

Champs are over-rated though, as you seen they only managed to kill 2 of your guys in a 5 v 9, and our champs don't dance around in scale.

So short term solution, come kill us if you want the slots that badly, the sail to your little corner is too long for myself personally to bother.

+1 to the request

Can we get the devs to fix this? Just when you get the chance, anytime before the NW of Chaos is flooded in tears please.

• Like 1

+1 to the request

Can we get the devs to fix this? Just when you get the chance, anytime before the NW of Chaos is flooded in tears please.

if it were the other way around your group would be crying about it also like they should.

if it were the other way around your group would be crying about it also like they should.

That's funny. I remember us reporting this the moment we found out that it worked like this.

• Like 1

Well Maurizio, sure we'd be annoyed and probably bug the dev team, but this amount of crying, and mentioning exploits and bug abuse etc? No way would we be doing that, since any REASONABLE person can understand that it is the Developers issue and not the fault of a kingdom that you cannot Champ. And since you say we'd be crying, let me just point out that you would be more than happy to snipe a slot, so maybe you guys should quit with the hypocritical attitude please and aim your ire at those who have put us all in this situation?

• Like 1

"Nahjo has joined the ranks of true deities. He invites you to join his religion, as he will now forever partake in the hunts on Valrei!"

I guess we don't really need lib champ slots when we can have Tosiek and Nahjo champs.

Well Maurizio, sure we'd be annoyed and probably bug the dev team, but this amount of crying, and mentioning exploits and bug abuse etc? No way would we be doing that, since any REASONABLE person can understand that it is the Developers issue and not the fault of a kingdom that you cannot Champ. And since you say we'd be crying, let me just point out that you would be more than happy to snipe a slot, so maybe you guys should quit with the hypocritical attitude please and aim your ire at those who have put us all in this situation?

and where exactly do you think my attitude is aimed at? if you think its BL you are fully of yourself. Yes i am pointing out how broken the champ slots are because of how easy it is to exploit the ability to keep the slot. But i have not once pointed a finger saying you dont deserve slots... If that was the case i wouldnt be fighting to get 3 slots per kingdom regardless of the god you follow, I would be pointing my fingers at you guys the whole time... We have 1 member who jokingly suggested you guys are cheating as a joke. Dont think highly of yourself as you are not that important.0

I did jokingly mention it and specifically stated that it was a joke in the post as not to confuse anyone.

I'm also an advocate of BL and Ebonaura working together so to say, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

+1 from me, on a PvP server where having the right people as Champions can make such a huge difference. Then I think it's only fair that all kingdoms are able to field the same number of Champions. 

Afterall people complained that it would be OP for MR to have 6 Champions with Tosiek (With which I agreed) so really using the same logic it's fairly obvious that it's just as disadvantaging to other kingdoms for some to not have any at all. 

• Like 4

Tdl managed to wangle itself a champ slot or two and did just fine as a pmk. Im pretty much at +1-1

Tdl managed to wangle itself a champ slot or two and did just fine as a pmk. Im pretty much at +1-1

i here what your saying, but a kingdom shouldnt have to wangle something such as a champ slot. Rolf tries to add additions to the game and changes to bring out more pvp , yet such a devastating balance issue is not looked at.

Now that bridges are done maybe this major topic can be looked at. 

If the purpose of champs is to be prestige for the champ members and the perks of being a champ then each kingdom should have 3 champ slots.  If the argument is that champs themselves are supposed to be a focus of pvp and thus its go fish until you acquire one... then honestly the going to the altars to champ feature is broken if it allows cowards far from the field of battle to scoop up the title when one falls.

+1 This would make sense, also why not allow a kingdom to fields it's champs from any of it's deities, no need to limit some kingdoms to 2 and others to 3.

A big bump for existing and future kingdoms the same abilities as all should have!

+1 This would make sense, also why not allow a kingdom to fields it's champs from any of it's deities, no need to limit some kingdoms to 2 and others to 3.

It never really did make any sense why the whole template system restricts the gods either.   This new change just opens a whole new can of retard juice into the mix.    

First of all, kingdom templates such as JK have access to twice the basic champ pool by default than any of the other templates and if a JK template gets control of Tosik, or perhaps some other new player-created religion they get even more a marked advantage. This goes the same for any other PMK that gets control of those player religions as well, and instead of champ slots being restricted, this does nothing more than allow kingdoms to try and open the pool.  

It also encourages templates that have more gods accessible to be preferred rather than others, namely this is a massive blow to HOTS template kingdoms that have to share only a few slots between them.    

It's also devastating to new kingdoms, especially if they don't have control over the WL, and in the future if there are more PMKs, I'm betting this gives a hell of a lot more incentive to lock down control of the WL from other kingdoms.   For a smaller kingdom with less resources, it makes trying to share champ slots with another kingdom daunting.    

This also completely changes how champs are looked at.  Instead of being used to champion their gods, they are instead resources to be fought over, no different than artifacts or the HOTA.   While this scheme may work for those other resources, for a kingdom's champions this is just sad and pathetic.    

Edited by Battlepaw

bump, Maybe today is the day Rolf and team look into this imbalance issue.