Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Ninja Nerf on rare coins?

I've kept track of the last 20 rare coins I've found both by foraging and by selling things to the token.

Every single one of them has been a rare 5 copper coin, except one which was a supreme 5 copper coin.

Typically some are 1 copper coins or 20 coppers, and very occasionally, some are 1 silver coins.

Now, either I've had one heck of a weird streak, or this has been ninja nerfed to only give out 5 copper coins consistently.

Has anyone else gotten anything other than a 5 copper the past few days?

just this morning i got a 20 copper from killing a bear.

[10:55:22] You have a moment of inspiration...

i got a 20c one from killing a cow yesterday

Edited by Kegan

Thanks for the responses, folks.

Looks to be just one of those super-wierd 'RNG' things. :P

Maybe 20c just has the highest rate.....

Getting high rolls has definitely been nerfed in my opinion. About two months ago, I managed to get 5 silver coins, and a couple dozen various other coins from like maybe 500 forage actions. Now, i can't even make 1s off foraging anymore. Really it went from useful way to pay for delivery fees to not worth the time anymore.

it needed a nerf if it was nerfed. people shouldnt be able to live on foragin and killing chickens.

• Like 3

Yes, rare coins be nerfed. Polled six neighbors. Rare coins are less quantity and less likely to be >5.

Getting high rolls has definitely been nerfed in my opinion. About two months ago, I managed to get 5 silver coins, and a couple dozen various other coins from like maybe 500 forage actions. Now, i can't even make 1s off foraging anymore. Really it went from useful way to pay for delivery fees to not worth the time anymore.

Retracted as per explanation, ty! That does seem a little... ridiculous that you could get them that fast though.

Edited by Arronicus

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here;

29 coins (5 silver, 2 dozen other coins) in 500 forage actions = 1 coin per 18 actions (rounded up). 

Moment of inspiration is once per hour

So either you are leaving out some critical details, are making up a hugely false story, or it took you over 29 hours to do 500 forage actions.

Rare rolls, Or moment of inspirations are completely separate from rare coins. You could get 5 1c rare coins in 10 minutes. And still get a rare plank or whatever a few minutes later.

• Like 1

Eh, I think the rates just change by itself every day, every week, every month.

It depends on the economy of the server you are on and if the pool allows to give out money. If there is a lot to spare, people will usually find more.

• Like 2

It seems the biggest opponents of people being able to forage/kill for rare coins, are the ones that spent money on getting traders, and got butthurt when their guaranteed source of silver suddenly dried up. 

It seems the biggest opponents of people being able to forage/kill for rare coins, are the ones that spent money on getting traders, and got butthurt when their guaranteed source of silver suddenly dried up. 

Why do you bring that up?  No-one in this thread is opposing rare coins at all... let's not turn this topic into something it's not.

• Like 2

I'm just tired of all my free range chickens being slaughtered for coins! Kidding kidding. I believe this is a good method for new players to gather coin to purchase gear crafted from skilled players...but I also find that higher skilled players making more profit from foraging and chicken slaying tHan from crafting a little unbalanced.

but I also find that higher skilled players making more profit from foraging and chicken slaying tHan from crafting a little unbalanced.

Kinda bound to happen when that 2 year account is still competing against that 10 year account on its fifth owner.

When Easter eggs were released this year we had to forage a few times to get one.  When I got a couple of silver doing so, I woke up to the fact that perhaps I suddenly had a need to collect a lot of sage to spice up my cooking.  As my first title was actually from botanizing (yep, true), raising botany and foraging has always been an activity I engage in from time to time just because I enjoy it.  Pulled in a lot of coins such that I was actually making more silver based on time spent for a few days than a really high end crafter.  It was amazing.

That has all stopped now and the returns are much much less than what they were for those few glorious moments.  This is very reasonable in my view but since I do want high forage and botany skills, I'm going to keep at it and the odd silver coin does still show up.

I can also confirm that the normal rare roll is separate from the rare coin roll. However, I suspect that the on-deed rare 10 second bonus window does apply, though I would have to do further testing to confirm this. It is also an interesting point that the rare coin roll is for each item foraged or botanized, not just the end of the action.  This is important because at higher skill levels the action timer is quite long since multiple items are found on each action.

Finally, I suspect that the on-deed rare 10 second bonus window does apply though I would have to do further testing to confirm this.

Pulled in a lot of coins such that I was actually making more silver based on time spent for a few days than a really high end crafter.

A High end couple of characters, lets say a weapon smith & a priest. Can spit out 20s to 40s worth of items/enchants in the amount of actions/time spent foraging for 1/5 of that, in less time too probably. 

Edited by akaedis

maybe the pool for coins is just drained, its not nerfed.  The traders are consistently putting out less coin since they came out.

im not opposed to it just think the payouts are too common and id like to see more activities generate coin. i also think traders should be nuked and reimbursed till rolf has time to give them some actual use.