Sign in to follow this  
KyleBooze

Fix Lantern Decay in Inventory

Lanterns seem to take decay hits very quickly compared to most items in inventory, even if they're not lit.

This should be changed, reduce decay when it's in inventory, there shouldn't be any reason for a lantern to have 11 dmg after a week while a hatchet of the same ql has less than 1 dmg even after use.

• Like 8

Don't log off with it lit, problem solved.

I bought a lantern at 85ql. That was 7? weeks ago or so now. Im at 81ql. Just make sure to snuff it before you log out. (And i don't got good repairing, i just don't let it take any DMG whatsoever, like most items in my inventory, repairing is 22)

Good idea akaedis, but I agree with KyleBooze. They seem to take extraordinary random damage whether lit or not. I got so tired of having to imp mine and my alts all the time, I bought new high ql ones, not filled and not lit, no damage, yet by the time I came to fill and light them the next day they all had over 20 dmg. Something isn't right with that for sure.

• Like 1

Good idea akaedis, but I agree with KyleBooze. They seem to take extraordinary random damage whether lit or not. I got so tired of having to imp mine and my alts all the time, I bought new high ql ones, not filled and not lit, no damage, yet by the time I came to fill and light them the next day they all had over 20 dmg. Something isn't right with that for sure.

they respond much like food does in your inventory. But repairable. Just don't let it stack up damage and their completely fine for weeks.

+1  I see decay even from lanterns that aren't fueled. I totally understand food stuffs taking damage when it's in your inventory and you log off, I totally understand the lantern taking some damage if left on when you log off, I don't understand why the lantern will decay when it has been snuffed and is just in your inventory not being used.

• Like 1

Lets try to actually get the problem fixed instead of suggesting stupid workarounds.

• Like 5

Lets try to actually get the problem fixed instead of suggesting stupid workarounds.

first of all, its not stupid nor a work around. Secondly, Its working as intended. Things take damage when in use. Don't stop it from use, Its gonna get damaged. That's how wurm works. 

Edited by akaedis

first of all, its not stupid nor a work around. Secondly, Its working as intended. Things take damage when in use. Don't stop it from use, Its gonna get damaged. That's how wurm works. 

Problem is, it's a decay tick, not a usage tick. Doesn't have to be lit, doesn't even have to be fueled.

• Like 2

Dafuq are you to tell what's intended or not?

As far as i know many times not even the devs know it, looking at the number of "features" that turn out to be bugs after a few years.

Plus why the hell would someone defend the current state of things?

Are you just a random masochist, or afraid it will hurt your lantern making buisness?

+1 to the OP, its just Wogic. At worse it should just take "usage damage" when lit online, not offline.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 3

+1

/me hands OP anti-troll shield

As for the "just turn it off" um "response".

I'd suggest they try that before suggesting it. ;)

You can snuff it all you want. It won't turn off. (lit) means it's still on.

Have alts with their snuffed lanterns still taking damage in inventory while logged off.

Been an issue for years and brought up many times.

Would love it to be looked at, "once bridges are released and any issues with them are worked through". :D

• Like 1

I bought a lantern at 85ql. That was 7? weeks ago or so now. Im at 81ql. Just make sure to snuff it before you log out. (And i don't got good repairing, i just don't let it take any DMG whatsoever, like most items in my inventory, repairing is 22)

You cant even stock them in a merchant without them damaging. And that's with them being snuffed.

Been like that since before Freedom even existed.

• Like 2

This has been brought up a number of times before but still remains a concern. Possibly it is left this way to serve as a *use* quality damager since there is none from using the lantern, even though it is not from actual use. If this is the case then it serves that purpose "unintendedly" but excessively, since if the lantern is not used for a long period in inventory it still gets this "usage" damage applied unfairly.

Best I can do for alts that are rarely used is to store their lamps in the bank for no decay.

=Ayes=

Every month I have to repair my lantern. It takes huge amounts of damage at ql90. Snuffing it does absolutely nothing to stop the decay either.

• Like 1

+1, another bug which keeps annoying players for years, and it would take couple minutes of dev time to fix, yet it's still there...

• Like 1

+1

This is a very annoying problem, especially for priest characters because regardless of how well-maintained they try to keep their lanterns they steadily lose QL each day and they've no way of improving them either.

+1 It's annoying to try to imp a few lanterns for sale. Get them to almost 90 not be on for a day or 2 and lose an hour or 2 of imping. This decay is from siting in a chest on deed I'm a house. The lan terns had never been filled

Edited by Trivin

+1 needs fixed.  Ftoz's fantastic 99 ql lantern took .75 dmg in less than a day before chest could be opened. it wasnt lit. decay is way to strong.