Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Artifact balancing

Should I do another Video of the artifact damage?

Do I really need to prove things?

after lying about the mag changes before, yeah, id say so.

make sure you properly document the findings, do 100 hits with each weapon

spreadsheet it too, also include the full stats and gear and skills of both toons you test with.

Should I do another Video of the artifact damage?

Do I really need to prove things?

no one cares, like not even anyone in MR is here with you agreeing, but maybe you gotta poke them on TS to spam up this thread 

• Like 2

Good to know that no-one cares, that's why artifacts needed balancing in the first place right? :rolleyes:

Good changes mostly, but I dunno about the faster need to recharge.  Artifacts are just gonna end up with whoever has their mega deed closest to the altars and still sit in a reinforced mine because it's easiest for them to recharge safely vs people that need to travel more (especially bl ones, nobody lives near the blacklight at all but bl, so yea).  But the opposite is recharging once every 3 months which can be equally safe, so tbh I'm not sure there's any real answer to recharging

If this is what it is though then the ear/eye if anyone uses the eye now really needs to use less charges on use, or... there will be literally 0 point in using it and having to recharge it every other day

Good changes mostly, but I dunno about the faster need to recharge.  Artifacts are just gonna end up with whoever has their mega deed closest to the altars and still sit in a reinforced mine because it's easiest for them to recharge safely vs people that need to travel more (especially bl ones, nobody lives near the blacklight at all but bl, so yea).  But the opposite is recharging once every 3 months which can be equally safe, so tbh I'm not sure there's any real answer to recharging

If this is what it is though then the ear/eye if anyone uses the eye now really needs to use less charges on use, or... there will be literally 0 point in using it and having to recharge it every other day

How about it recharges with the blood of your enemies?

1 Charge per 10 kills? Maybe? Its a PvP server right?

• Like 1

no one cares, like not even anyone in MR is here with you agreeing, but maybe you gotta poke them on TS to spam up this thread 

Thanks for putting words in our mouths?

As Bang just pointed out, the weapons are redundant now. They'll just be kept just because.

Recharging is just a PITA now, guess like Gary said they will be put in deeds nearby and used to just recharge them every week.

GG.

Edited by Redd

As Bang just pointed out, the weapons are redundant now. They'll just be kept just because.

GG.

No, they just are no longer a go-to zero-downside zero-strategy feature. They are something you have to think about before you use, which is good and is what makes a game balanced.

GG.

I don't have a dog in this fight but from the patch notes it is my understanding that they can be reset by Rolf at any time with a server restart to prevent them being hoarded. 

scepter is 6 sec swing timer, my glimmer longsword is 3 sec timer, Because mag bonus doesn't work with scepter and it does work with my longsword:

I do more dps now with my longsword then an artifact weapon, GG balance

No, they just are no longer a go-to zero-downside zero-strategy feature. They are something you have to think about before you use, which is good and is what makes a game balanced.

Yeah we do have to think before using them... that will be none of the time now. Rolf may as well remove Artifact weapons because the only little use they had has now been removed due to forum PvP.

I don't have a dog in this fight but from the patch notes it is my understanding that they can be reset by Rolf at any time with a server restart to prevent them being hoarded. 

umm no actually that that line means that instead of leaving world on the player during a restart, it will fall on the ground like a normal log out.

Zero downside :')

Zero strategy :')

What more do I have to think about now than before? pleb.

umm no actually that that line means that instead of leaving world on the player during a restart, it will fall on the ground like a normal log out.

oh, lol

I had thought that "dropped to the ground" meant that they were reset and had to be found again...guess that goes to show what i know about pvp.

yeah mightaswell remove em from the game at this point, we will just recharge them and keeped them locked away like JK did for so long :) nice changes too bad no other kingdom will see them :D

Yeah we do have to think before using them... that will be none of the time now. Rolf may as well remove Artifact weapons because the only little use they had has now been removed due to forum PvP.

all i see here is salt that the go to strategy of port in 2x the numbers and gatehop the enemy until we oneshot someone to wittle away their numbers is no longer the meta

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

srsly... the dmg is worthless for the added swing timer... the whole reason we used them was for that chance to hit big, and now that they can't do that they are worthless except for bashing.

mini I guess you could use them to decorate meth, maybe ask rolf if he will make lamp posts you can place them on or something ^^

Edited by Jukimo
  • Like 1

Here is an idea, instead of just talking about how bad the changes are how about you actually give some feedback on what you think they should have done instead.  Also provide some proof to your argument if your going to tell tons of people who don't use it daily "trust me it works like this" expect them to doubt the enemy team do you expect them to just trust that you have anything but your best interest in mind?

• Like 1

Will be too many artis at that point tbh

because you will also need artifacts for nahjo, biggibbo, nathan, and whoever else gets it

Can make it so that each "Player god" gets one arti each. That way it'll increase the stock, but not obnoxiously.

• Like 1

Here is an idea, instead of just talking about how bad the changes are how about you actually give some feedback on what you think they should have done instead.  Also provide some proof to your argument if your going to tell tons of people who don't use it daily "trust me it works like this" expect them to doubt the enemy team do you expect them to just trust that you have anything but your best interest in mind?

he should just remove them from the game. The pve ones are gonna stay about the same, the pvp ones are never gonna get used besides the scale of lib, so yeah they will mostly stay locked up on deed only to be recharged. they were fine the way they were, but the standard meta in wurm online is to cry when you are to unskilled to handle something.

• Like 2

Good god... someone with some sense! People please listen and understand this perspective.

he should just remove them from the game. The pve ones are gonna stay about the same, the pvp ones are never gonna get used besides the scale of lib, so yeah they will mostly stay locked up on deed only to be recharged. they were fine the way they were, but the standard meta in wurm online is to cry when you are to unskilled to handle something.

You just re worded your previous post and said the same thing. Darklords is saying if you think it's wrong, give detailed feedback on why it's wrong.

Rolf can't do anything with 'they're useless'

Good god... someone with some sense! People please listen and understand this perspective.

You just re worded your previous post and said the same thing. Darklords is saying if you think it's wrong, give detailed feedback on why it's wrong.

Rolf can't do anything with 'they're useless'

english do you speak it?

Ironically enough, I think that these charge changes will cause artifacts to be more likely to turnover to the strongest kingdom and stay in a single kingdom. If a kingdom can't muster a large enough group to go to the WL every 2-3 weeks, then they'll lose all of their artifacts. Depending on times / seasons and what have you, this means that whatever kingdom CAN send groups to the altars at 3am or put deeds closest to the altars will naturally have a much easier time holding onto the artifacts.

I don't care that much about the weapons since nobody ever uses their charges, but the ear, eye, and mouth need an increased cap considering the ear had to be recharged a little over a week? after it was unearthed, and that's on the 150 charge system.

It's possible, with the new system, to use the ear and eye so much that there is never an opportunity to recharge them. Now, nobody is dumb enough to do this and it requires you use them on the hour every hour, but I think it shows how the numbers may have to be realistically tweaked

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 1

I like the buff to the eye and the crown, making both useful again, and the rod really needed that bump up to make it worth carrying (especially given how heavy it was previously).

The charging.. meh.  You never really use the weapon use functions, except the scale, so it's no big deal.

The damage reduction, coupled with the poor hit rate on the hammer and scepter makes them pretty poor weapon choices (hammer especially with the unique skill).  The sword is laughable, doing the same damage as a regular 2h near enough.

For those asking for proof of the arti damage amounts, me and miniroll will be doing a video at the weekend.  Really, there is no point in using the artis over whichever weapon you have skill in.  

The orb... 50/50 chance of blowing yourself up and it uses 1/3 of it's charges for the pleasure.  It's like paying someone to beat you up and mug you.

Sign in to follow this