Sign in to follow this  
Redd

New changes to artifacts

Can we please get a 3rd or 4th topic for this discussion.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Can we please get a 3rd or 4th topic for this discussion.

Thanks.

no.

I don't think eye needs a charge buff. Being about to 100% locate people is very good! And shouldn't be the replacement for locate soul.

• Like 2

Hah, its what makes them annoying to keep. While I'm glad they are in the hands of MR, I'm also glad I'm not the one who has to deal with them.

3 weeks in itself is plenty of time, if it wasn't for the weird recharge times. For those who do not know (obviously not you proph :P ), you cannot just go to the altar and recharge it. It's only possible to do so on certain wurm days.

While those also "rotate" around the day, they often fall in awkward times.

That is of course good, if you want the enemy to have their artifacts drop. However, it will become a pain as soon as you claim the artifact for your own faction. :P

It's hard to say what's best here... I just wish they wouldn't have to be dug up IF they indeed drop. Some other mechanic would be far nicer.on

One of the things I think would be cool would be a system where it's like a three or six hour recharge window every thirty-six hours. I don't pay attention to the in game clock that often, but I would hope that I am right in that being more common than it is now.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

One of the things I think would be cool would be a system where it's like a three or six hour recharge window every thirty-six hours. I don't pay attention to the in game clock that often, but I would hope that I am right in that being more common than it is now.

A timer that rotated every 30 hours rather than 36 would mean it's never at an "extreme" like morning or evening all the time and would shift 6 hours allowing better opportunities for everyone correct?

• Like 3

That would indeed be nice.

Maybe have some event message as well... instead of having to calculate it.

This would also raise the attention of players unaware of this.

• Like 2

Good changes. Artifacts should change hands often and be very fluid. If you want to hold on to an artifact for an extended period of time, you will have to be vigilant. Personally, I don't care about artifacts enough to spend even a minute worrying about securing one. But now, all you nerds who covet such things will have to do a little more to enjoy them. These new mechanics just might allow for other people to experience a part of this game otherwise reserved for the elitist. And that's a good thing.

• Like 2

Good Changes, however some tweaking might need to be done.

- Eye of vynora, change it to 30 minutes instead of 1 hour

- Recharging, should increase it to atleast 60-70 power. If you are not using it at all now you will have to recharge it in 2 weeks, if you use the artfifacts you will need to recharge them every as Little as every 4 Days. the ear for example can be used once every hour. Which means whe the ear of vynora is fully charged you have 30 uses. Lets put a low number in here and say that you use it 5 times a day (5 hours online). then the artifacts will last for 6 Days, so i would say this is not giving the right signal.

Edited by Zazz

•Artifacts now properly drop on ground during controlled restarts.

What does this mean? Do they drop out of locked containers now?

no it simply means that on server restart instead of it logging out with the player holding it, it will fall to the ground as if the player normally left world while carrying it.