Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Is there interest in a market at f9.

I have an island deed in the bay at f9 that I'm not doing much with. Got a few small plans for the island, but other then that, it's open space. Was wondering if people would be interested in a public market in that area.

If there is interest, I'd raise more ground from the sea and set up a merchant area.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that Talula Point and Hollow Springs are both existing markets that are quite close by. However, neither of them seem to advertise much, so there's definitely room for improvement, if you're really dedicated to making a popular market on the West coast. It might be worth talking to the owners of these markets to see if there could be some cooperation, since they simply don't compete with Glasshollow on their own at the moment.

We have merchants at 2 of the NW area markets. It cant hurt to have more markets, but it seems markets sales are a bit slower than they use to be. NW west does have more markets than the other 3 map areas though.

I am more than willing to advertise hollow springs more. But there is a systematic problem with markets when you can just about mail everything. There is plenty of open stalls at hollow springs and I can add more if needed. I actually make more sale there then I do in glass hollow which perplexes me.

• Like 1

Is all about prices guys... everything sell at right price fast... But next markets bump will be after bridges realease ... So get your merchant stocked an ready!

With 80 well stocked merchants at one place players browse them fine and buy at best price they can found... So yes some merchant with low prices sell better then one with market prices.

Edited by RockyBalboa

I'm selling cheaper there than at hollow springs, its because there is more supply there and less demand.  Which I am not saying in any way is your fault its as I said an issue with getting people to go to the markets and spend money.  I my find that I myself rather just order something via mail rather than making the trip to the market.

Is all about prices guys... everything sell at right price fast... But next markets bump will be after bridges realease ... So get your merchant stocked an ready!

With 80 well stocked merchants at one place players browse them fine and buy at best price they can found... So yes some merchant with low prices sell better then one with market prices.

You are partially right.

It can also be about location. People round Talula (where i've place my merchant) might not only care about prices but also about location and might not be willing to travel that far up high by boat / cart / horse (as the N/S highway currently still leads above a narrow mountain pass (instead of past the easily flat coastal area)).

My merchant has sold several items already, so Talula is not dead, even if there might not be that much of advertisement. There are approximately 20 merchants there, and even horses available.

• Like 1

If people go shopping, they tend to go to a place where there are a lot of shops rather then take a trip out to that one single shop in the middle of a forest (more shops = they can look around at others if they dont find what they want in the first they go to).

And because of that, I think having several markets close to each other isn't that bad at all... sure, you might lose some sales to a neighbouring market - but all 3 being close to each other might pull in more interested buyers to the area then would happen with just one or two regional markets within a fair distance of each other.

Err nvm, due to how permissions work, the market is not ready

Edited by Greyfox