Sign in to follow this  
Edvinas

A couple of useful binds

DROP_AS_PILE. It would be really nice to have a specific bind to drop dirt as a pile instead of on the ground. Reasons:

• Lazy;
  • Dropping 15 dirt piles on the ground by accident really sucks;

TARGET_HOSTILE. Target only hostile creatures and players (red outline). Reasons:

• While hunting, most people use double clicking or right click -> target to target their prey, due to the fact that they might target their horse by accident using the TARGET bind;
  • While fighting other players (specially applies in larger fights) double clicking doesn't work 70% of the time (at least for me), due to lag. I myself use the right click -> target function as do many people, which takes quite some time to do and can mean life or death;

The TARGET_HOSTILE function is already in the game - double clicking the left mouse button. Except it doesn't work some times due to lag.

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 6

Add TAKE_MAX or something along this for taking stuff out of BSBs
:wub:

As an alternative to the DROP_AS_PILE, make it so that DROP will drop as a pile by default. It makes sense since everything (besides dirt/sand) will be dropped into a pile when you use the DROP keybind. Make a new command like RAISE_GROUND or DROP_RAISE_GROUND that will drop the dirt into the ground to raise it. This would be much more intuitive.

Please do the target hostile! Killed so many horses and had to walk home :(

As an alternative to the DROP_AS_PILE, make it so that DROP will drop as a pile by default. It makes sense since everything (besides dirt/sand) will be dropped into a pile when you use the DROP keybind. Make a new command like RAISE_GROUND or DROP_RAISE_GROUND that will drop the dirt into the ground to raise it. This would be much more intuitive.

I disagree. Many times I drop dirt to help level areas. I have a drop keybind that is used for this and other dropping situations. Also, when digging sand and clay I will open piles in inventory and drop unwanted quality on ground, so with sand I just redig more as some is dropped back. Then when the sand gets too low I just drag dirt from inventory and drop on ground with 1 more sand on top.

Drop should remain as is and just add keybind for dropping as pile if people are too "inconvenienced" to right click the ground to drop it as pile. Then open pile and drag more from inventory into the existing pile. Works best as is now and is very functional and flexible for dropping varied numbers from a stack in inventory.

=Ayes=