Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

No bridges on pvp servers until live tested

They have been live for just under eight months now though, and people have complained about them enough. Still nothing though.

We'd rather not see the same thing we've been seeing where a bugged feature is added, then left as is because another new feature takes priority. Fix old bugs before adding new ones.

Hell no, I don't want any buggy bridges added to Independence so that Chaos players won't have to sort out the bugs. They can just keep delaying them indefinitely, like they have up until now.

Uhhh, why not just go on the TEST server and TEST it to make sure it isn't broken?

The test server is useless because a test has no value unless you know what to test and what all the possible outcomes are. The test server is just a maze full of blind mice since Rolf refuses to disclose the end product's functionality.

Edited by Aeris

This discussion is a futile effort.  You don't want buggy bridges on PVP servers, but you don't want to test them yourself.  You want them tested on the PVE servers first, but there is no way for us to test PVP features, only you on the PVP servers can do that.  Stop complaining, get off your lazy behinds and go test the bridges as much as you can, and then keep testing after they go live.  There is no way to know all the bugs until you do.  You may not like what I've said, but you know it is true.

• Like 1

This discussion is a futile effort. You don't want buggy bridges on PVP servers, but you don't want to test them yourself. You want them tested on the PVE servers first, but there is no way for us to test PVP features, only you on the PVP servers can do that. Stop complaining, get off your lazy behinds and go test the bridges as much as you can, and then keep testing after they go live. There is no way to know all the bugs until you do. You may not like what I've said, but you know it is true.

If you haven't noticed it's very hard to accurately test anything on test due to desync and position issues. If test were a dedicated server and not a home pc it would be less of an issue to test on it.

If you haven't noticed it's very hard to accurately test anything on test due to desync and position issues. If test were a dedicated server and not a home pc it would be less of an issue to test on it.

not only that, its not an exact clone of the servers either. :-/ There were bugs with multistory when it came out, that weren't on the test server because of this.

Hard on the live servers too with these.

Which is exactly why I also said to keep testing after they go live.  We all know the truth; it will be fully tested only after release.  And they are finally going to be released.  And as I also said, we can't "test" the PVP features on PVE servers, only those on PVP servers can do that.  You don't have to like this truth, but you will have to accept it.

• Like 1

Which is why the option of throwing up a challenge server was brought up. Cmon now

Sounds to me like you are afraid of losing anything, yet you play on a PVP server.  The options I see so far, A) Release bridges on the PVE servers first, let them lose things, or B) Give us a temp (Challenge) server so we can lose things and not have losses on our main chars.  Seems kinda wimpy.

It's quite simple. Test isn't a stable server. It has issues with positioning and lag that don't exist on the stable hosted servers. The further issue is that not enough people actually test the issues up for testing on test. Heck when I go there its to test cr, and buff stacking and I might squint in the direction of a bridge

Tldr, test it live in an environment where money and swag ain't at risk and more minds will be available to find exploits

i wouldn't call the live servers stable. more like, a little more stable then the test server. that's about it.

i say throw it in the mix with the rest of the unstable stuff already on the servers. then it would force them to do something about it. and get more bugs fixed with it then the test server ever could do. who goes on the test server anyways? hardly anyone.

Sounds to me like you are afraid of losing anything, yet you play on a PVP server. The options I see so far, A) Release bridges on the PVE servers first, let them lose things, or B) Give us a temp (Challenge) server so we can lose things and not have losses on our main chars. Seems kinda wimpy.