Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

No bridges on pvp servers until live tested

Topic says it all. No bridges in pvp until they have been tested fully on live pve /pvp light servers (read homeservers maybe and freedom not chaos)

• Like 11

I see the logic behind it so would +1, but know alot of people have their deeds waiting for bridges. In general better safe then sorry so +1 from me as bridges are gamechangers. Maybe make a challenge with bridges involved? (some easymode to build them) and with alot of rivers/lakes?

Yep sounds good. Could test a whole lot of things while we are at it there

this is how it will go:

ride over a bridge

fall through the earth

body gets lost, lose your drakeset

calling it now

• Like 9

+1 im always down for making sure content works as intended before going live

Launch challenge 3 with bridges, Let the 100+ people that play challenge find the remaining bugs. Then push it from challenge to live servers. Problem solved. Rly all content/features should be done this way in my opinion. (Like war machines etc)

Edited in: Oh, +1 if it wasn't obvious already

Edited by akaedis

I suggested testing it on Challenge as that's pretty much what Challenge is for. My post was deleted because it was being tested on the "Test Server"...

• Like 2

i remember when things like multi story brought back a bunch of "cool" exploits

+1

Edited by Propheteer

+1 to this, and +1 to all such changes, they should be tested in PvE environment 1st before implementing on PvP where they can cause a lot of loss to some factions. (because of the bad design of the changes)

Uhhh, why not just go on the TEST server and TEST it to make sure it isn't broken?

It's quite simple. Test isn't a stable server. It has issues with positioning and lag that don't exist on the stable hosted servers. The further issue is that not enough people actually test the issues up for testing on test. Heck when I go there its to test cr, and buff stacking and I might squint in the direction of a bridge

Tldr, test it live in an environment where money and swag ain't at risk and more minds will be available to find exploits

The simple fact is they dont run seperate code, if you don't want to build/use them until any bugs have been found, go for it

The simple fact is they dont run seperate code, if you don't want to build/use them until any bugs have been found, go for it

Yep they do. I've smelted a plate gauntlet about 50 times til it was under .001kg but still wearable... I had a full plate set that weighed under .01kg there (fairly recently). That's not possible on the other servers.

Edited by irobotnik8

I bet there is a lot of deadly bugs with them, and the way the current GM team is working they wont refund bugged deaths..

• Like 1

That is what we are all reasonably certain of. And I'm glad that we can see past KvK on this as no matter where you play, chaos or epic it can suck to lose gear to bugs, especially position related ones

I bet there is a lot of deadly bugs with them, and the way the current GM team is working they wont refund bugged deaths..

I personally think that every death that has happened to lag/bug death (like for example lag while digging death) should be fully refunded! And yes, i would wait a little longer instead of dieing to some stupid bug.

One could simply go for an agreement in between the kingdoms "Do not use bridges for pvp, e.g. raids to gain access - Do only build bridges at your own deed".

At least until we know they're safe to use.

I for one, dont want to wait longer. I want bridges! :)

One could simply go for an agreement in between the kingdoms "Do not use bridges for pvp, e.g. raids to gain access - Do only build bridges at your own deed".

At least until we know they're safe to use.

I for one, dont want to wait longer. I want bridges! :)

If that would work this suggestion wouldn't exist lol

We're all guinea pigs around here. If I am going to be subjected to losing skill because of death to a bug, so should you.

Let me also mention the sweet benefits that you already have over the PVEers: You don't lose any crafting skill (or characteristics) in a PVP related death. You also have affinities you can farm the out of, so when you do lose skill to a "normal" death (even a bug related one), you bounce back quicker.

• Like 2

That's why most people seem to agree that challenge is the place for such testing. I didn't want to initially ask for challenge as the testbed as it would look like I were forcing an agenda in light of other things I would like testing

That's why most people seem to agree that challenge is the place for such testing. I didn't want to initially ask for challenge as the testbed as it would look like I were forcing an agenda in light of other things I would like testing

Well, that idea I can accept.

What I gathered from the OP, though, was to let freedom PVE and epic homeservers be the testbed.

Please implement this on a challenge server before any live PVP server!! Or at least the non PVP servers to get some more thorough bug testing!

I have an idea for challenge that would take some ironing out in this light. Basicly a point system for the most bugs found, documented and tested. People won't spend the time testing otherwise and this method may insure that the best, er testers are on hand and willing to find as many bugs as possible. (it has the added advantage of not costing anywhere near as much as am actual test team)

• Like 3