Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Candelabras on Deed

I am suggesting that the guards maintain the candelabras on the deed like they do with the lamps filling them and turning them on and off at night.,  

• Like 5

It's good to have a light source that gets not turned off during the day.

Edit: and candelabras on deed never run out of candles anyway, once it's lit it stays lit forever on deed.

Edited by Eobersig

Edit: and candelabras on deed never run out of candles anyway, once it's lit it stays lit forever on deed.

Since when? If that is the case then okay i am fine with that but back the last time i use them they run out on deed. I have just put in a few so i guess i will see if it has changed but like i said i know that before they did not. 

They dont run out on deed since at least 2013

cant be that long i had some on Xanadu when it opened up that did not work full time 

Edit: I will find out soon i guess i just put some in we will see how it goes but i know that i had trouble with them in my house that won the decorating competition back on Xanadu... whenever that was. I guess it might have been some kind of bug idk.  

Edited by Kegan

I started to play in june 2013 and I know that I have had candelabras need new candles on a few occations over the time.
Might have been when I had snuffed them and wanted to light them again.

They dont run out on deed since at least 2013

Afaik this is only true if you manage to light them in a certain buggy way

this is what I have heard

this is what I have heard

and does anyone know what the buggy way is? 

Far as I know they had to have been made at the time.

No buggy way required, fill it with a candle, light it. From then on it will burn forever (on deed). That's what my candelabras on Xanadu do since half a year or so.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. Candelabras burn forever on some deeds, but will burn down on others.

See here:

The Candelabra Mystery

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

I have had to refill them on occasion always on deed.

To add even more fun in the mix, I have a candelabras on deed that need refueling, but I have a candelabra off deed that I have never had to refuel.   :)

Obviously this is a "geographical" effect (see the post I quoted above). There seem to be world areas (probably around deeds, but maybe totally unrelated to deeds) where candelabras burn forever, while they have to be refilled in other areas.

Some more research is needed here...

• Cat 1

Obviously this is a "geographical" effect (see the post I quoted above). There seem to be world areas (probably around deeds, but maybe totally unrelated to deeds) where candelabras burn forever, while they have to be refilled in other areas.

Some more research is needed here...

So what are you suggesting is that it is part of the game that needs to be figured out? No, it is just a bug that needs to be fixed :)

Edited by Kegan

So what are you suggesting is that it is part of the game that needs to be figured out?

No idea! :)

It *may* be a secret feature; I vaguely remember having read something about "special areas" or "magical regions" in the world of Wurm, but can't recall where I saw that (forum? wiki?).

• Like 1

No idea! :)

It *may* be a secret feature; I vaguely remember having read something about "special areas" or "magical regions" in the world of Wurm, but can't recall where I saw that (forum? wiki?).

I think some area's guards will go out further from towers.

• Like 2

I don't remember tbh, but I thought the bug was something along the lines of WHEN you filled and lit it for the first time? Like if you filled it with candles while still imping it in a forge it stayed lit forever, or something like that

I don't remember tbh, but I thought the bug was something along the lines of WHEN you filled and lit it for the first time? Like if you filled it with candles while still imping it in a forge it stayed lit forever, or something like that

No, I tested that theory (please read the thread I quoted above). I simply moved an everburning candelabra out of the "magical zone" - and it burned out after a while. (Bringing it back into the zone turned it into an eternal flame again :) ). And vice versa!

Ive never needed to refill my candlebras...

They just keep burning!

It keeps me up at night.

I stare at them with bloodshot eyes,

and they keep burning!

Why do they keep burning!?

• Like 1

Just going to bump this old suggestion because after setting up my new horse market, I've had to refuel the candlabras... 

every few days

and it's getting HIGHLY ANNOYING.

I never once had to refuel my candelabras back when I lived on Independance. As we already know, Yaga has done extensive research into this topic and has learned that different zones make different behaviors. 

There is obviously an issue here that needs to be fixed. I did already make a bug report about this on the maintainance forum, but will suggest it here as well. 

• Cat 1