Sign in to follow this  
kodiakjack

random ban or lock from all chat

today i got on to be able to send about 5-6 public chats before not being able to send ANY chats public or not. hoping that this posts at this time. taking a SS before i post. just in case. i would like a full refund as both accounts i have been affected.

Players can ignore another player. If enough players put you on ignore within a certain period of time (it's short), the game has an automatic mechanic that temporarily mutes the ignored player.

Why this happens is because, generally, when 20+ people all /ignore 1 person within 5 minutes of eachother, there's room to believe that the 1 player is disturbing the community.

Basically, a mod doesn't have to be around to catch a person trolling/being abusive to do something about it. The community can take action themselves.

I'm not sure what happened in your circumstance at all, just relaying what could have caused this.

if this is the case, 1) they need a message relaying this, 2) that shouldn't prevent friend to friend messages, 3) they should have someone reveiw "said messages" if they are actually "trolling" as i wasn't in anyway... and its more trolling to report me...

well no offense to you,but you can understand thats what 99% of trolls say. if you really think you werent trolling and are not sure what happened try pm to the lead moderator with logs of what you said before you got muted

is it when i said i love everyone?

or when i told him not to be naughty...

or the 3 lines of caps? after one person asked me to stop...

This isn't the place to ask for refunds, and as far as I know GMs can't issue refunds anyway. Unfortunately there's no web-based ticket system for situations when you're having in-game problems, and messaging a random GM on the forums isn't necessarily going to provide good results either. A public thread will likely be deleted as soon as GMs spot it, too, for "challenging moderation".

Either way, please check your log files. There might have been something in the event window to explain what happened that you simply didn't notice. I think mutes come with a message saying why you've been muted, at least a mute warnings certainly comes with some sort of a message.

• Like 1

looking at the logs i would say gary probably muted you,but if he did you should see it in the event window.

and come on look at that,of course you are a troll and you know it

Edited by Brynden
  • Like 1

kodiakjack, please read the Chat Rules; point 10 in particular.  If you were indeed moderated you will find the name of the staff in your event log.

regards,

bwg | Board Moderator