Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Brass - bugged ?

I could not reproduce your improving results using up the full lump when improving brass lamps.

Here are my test results:

Brass Hanging Lamp 5kg - improving should use 5% of that (usually) which means .25kg.

.10 lump - used it all - used .10

.20 lump - used it all - used .20

.30 lump - .05 left - used .25

.40 lump - .15 left - used .25

.50 lump - .25 left - used .25

.60 lump - .35 left - used .25

.70 lump - .45 left - used .25

.80 lump - .55 left - used .25

.90 lump - .65 left - used .25

1.00 lump - .75 left - used .25

Then took the .75 left from the previous test - .50 left - used. 25

then took the .50 left from the previous test - .25 left - used .25

then took the .25 left from the previous test - 0 left - used .25

The only thing out of the ordinary I see here is that if your lump is less than .25, you are still allowed to improve and the whole lump is consumed.

I was imping brass lamps and not brass hanging lamps - maybe that would make a difference.

When I imp'd with .10 kg lump - the imp would occur and use the whole lump.

When I used a .20kg lump the whole lump was consumed and the imp might or might not have been successful - same chance as with a .10kg lump, but consuming twice as much.

I was imping brass lamps and not brass hanging lamps - maybe that would make a difference.

When I imp'd with .10 kg lump - the imp would occur and use the whole lump.

When I used a .20kg lump the whole lump was consumed and the imp might or might not have been successful - same chance as with a .10kg lump, but consuming twice as much.

Brass lamps are also 5.00kg weight and thus also "require" .25 lg of brass to improve.  So currently the game lets you "squeak through" using -undersized- lumps to improve. It lets you cheat a smidgen.

But if you think "it's not fair that the .20 lump gets used up just like the .10 lump",  you need to be aware that the "solution" is for the game to no longer allow you to cheat using underweight lumps to improve the lamp.

This means the solution to your "problem" is going to mean you need twice as much brass to improve lamps because up till now, the game mechanics have been letting you use undersized lumps. 

(I do the same thing imrpoving saddles -- I deliberately use underweight bits of leather since I know the game will pretend they are full sized)

Are you SURE you want them to fix this "bug" knowing it is going to mean two or three times more brass (you need the legitimate .25 lump of higher) for improving lamps?

Of course, I do not want them to fix the bug to make things worse for players than they already are.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVL4st0blGU

I really do not see why imping brass items should consume more than 1 lump - this does not happen when imping wooden items which are heavy, as far as i can see.  There are just too many tricky things in Wurm, which are annoying and which, no doubt, make the Dev's lives difficult in trying to fix things - without creating yet another bug...

And a very important thing is to have the proportion of the zinc to copper ratio fixed.

Edited by Baloo