Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

Brassed off and very sincere requests for change

Hi,

I have just discovered on imp'ing brass lamps that no matter the size / weight of the brass lump being used, the full lump is used on the imp, which may or may not be successful.  Is this a bug ?

May I make a very sincere request for this to be changed - so that one does not lose huge quantities of very expensively made brass.

To try and minimise my losses when imping, I am now cooling the brass, putting it in a BSB and then reheating the individual 0.10kg lumps.

My second very sincere request is this:

Would it not be possible to reduce the huge quantities of zinc consumed when making brass - this is rather out of proportion.  In fact, if you look at the proportions used in the various types of brass listed on Wikipedia, the amount of copper is substantially larger than the zinc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass

For example, "High Brass" used 65% copper and 35% zinc.

Please, please can both of these receive some attention from the Dev's ??

• Like 1

The Sounds Odd.....brass lamps are not that big to be using a .10 lump or bigger.

Response from GM =  when you improve something 5% of material is consumed that is for everything, lamp is 5kg so up to 0.25kg is consumed, a brass lump is only 0.1 so all is consumed.

However, if i use a 0.70kg lump to imp - the whole lump is consumed

Also 0.10 kg works just fine to imp a brass lamp.  So yes, this is bugged - not intended.

Also proportion of zinc to copper needs to be seriously looked at.