Sign in to follow this  
zalor

Hitching Posts/Rails

I would like to see a hitching post and/or rail. Something that a deed owner could make and place where people can tie up their horses (if not hitched to a wagon or cart).

Thought of this while making our deeds Inn. Would make things cleaner for those that may come and stay here.

• Like 14

Would be great to have something like this that works in the same way as a tent. an easy way to secure a horse in an offdeed area or when travelling other than having to carry a tent.

+1. 1 animal per post and make post plantable. I suppose 1 per tile should be limit, to preserve grass.

+1

Imagine the usage as a no-fence system of animal containment; I think only rideable animals should be able to be hitched. It should be built on a tile border like a fence and would not be an item you can pick up.

Edit:

Will the rope stay with the animal? Should it need a bridle to be used?

Edited by Meldichoir
  • Like 1

+1 Every-time this comes up I hope it will go through.

+1

Imagine the usage as a no-fence system of animal containment; I think only rideable animals should be able to be hitched. It should be built on a tile border like a fence and would not be an item you can pick up.

Edit:

Will the rope stay with the animal? Should it need a bridle to be used?

I Vote bridle myself

• Like 1

Been suggested before I am not in favor of easily making these.   If it was something you had to build to a house maybe.

This has been suggested before, and as long as it had an appropriate requirement, I would love to see this implemented. +1

+1 been suggested so many times and is actually very useful so I hope it gets implemented.

Should also be able to hitch horse to tree, I mean hello, you already got a rope tied to the horses neck. Just tie it around a tree so it cant walk away. Good for the nomads that constantly roam the land of the Wild-server , and other servers.

• Like 1

+1 been suggested so many times and is actually very useful so I hope it gets implemented.

Should also be able to hitch horse to tree, I mean hello, you already got a rope tied to the horses neck. Just tie it around a tree so it cant walk away. Good for the nomads that constantly roam the land of the Wild-server , and other servers.

and the stranger that wanders by and decided that it the tree to chop?  I both like and dislike the tree idea.

+1 to that!

Hitching to trees, fences, planted signs and pretty much anything one could normally tie an animal to would be great. A hitching post would look really nice in front of my building though.

Allowing hitching to be done with fences, trees, and whatever.

Also anyone should be able to unleash a horse, at least on pvp servers. Pve-wise the horse dying from hunger might be enough of a limiter.

Edited by Karrde